Why are people acting like the first fight doesn't matter?

A third is pretty much necessary they both dominated each other in their own ways plus im sure an injury will b revealed sooner or later

Well Clearly Serra is better than GSP since he finished him much quicker in their 2 fights...

That's different. GSP has held on to the belt since their fights and has defended it multiple times. Cain just got the belt back tonight. It's a little too early to be comparing him to GSP.

A third is pretty much necessary they both dominated each other in their own ways plus im sure an injury will b revealed sooner or later

Maybe JDS was not 100%, but he looked in great shape. Cain was certainly a bit porky in the first fight and never really got going after a very long layoff.

I see what you're saying, but the first fight wasn't just a matter of Cain getting caught. Junior set his overhand up perfectly, and landed it while Cain was trying to counter Junior's lazy jab. It was just an example of why Junior is the better striker (yes, I know Cain outstruck him tonight but Junior's boxing is superior). The punch knocked Cain to his knees, and Junior finished Cain before he could recover. He was clearly the better fighter that night, just like Cain was tonight.

I am not discrediting JDS being able to set-up the shot he did, but it is still a matter of Cain getting caught by a more experienced striker.

Both fighters have fought eachother before and it appears only one fighter actually made adjustments to win this fight. The better/experienced striker was beat by the better/experienced fighter.

I don't give as much credit for the first fight as I do for this one and this being the reason. Cain was coming off a long lay off and was no where near what Cain usually is. He got beat fair and square sure but this fight clearly defined who Cain really is and how JDS reacts to having the heat turned up when things aren't going his way. This fight showed the real difference in skill. The difference in power is also very evident, JDS is heavier handed no doubt. I think it's pretty easy to come to these conclusions now after watching this fight.

I am not discrediting JDS being able to set-up the shot he did, but it is still a matter of Cain getting caught by a more experienced striker.

Both fighters have fought eachother before and it appears only one fighter actually made adjustments to win this fight. The better/experienced striker was beat by the better/experienced fighter.

It was a matter of Junior outstriking Cain in the first fight, not just catching Cain with a random punch. Junior just took advantage of the holes in Cain's defense.

I will agree that Cain was the better fighter tonight though.

Serra didn't destroy the entire WW division before beating the champion though....

Well my point is that a quick knockout does not always mean that much. Cain is not suddenly much better than JDS just like the first fight did not prove JDS was way better than Cain. But a lot of posters seem to think that because JDS won that first fight quickly meant he was in a different league than Cain and Cain would never beat him. They are pretty much on the same level overall.

Fluke! Fluke! Fluke! JDS and Serra are bros

Serra only has two KOs/TKOs on his record. Do I really need to remind how many KOs/TKOs, let alone 1st round ones that JDS has????? In a row?????

Well my point is that a quick knockout does not always mean that much. Cain is not suddenly much better than JDS just like the first fight did not prove JDS was way better than Cain. But a lot of posters seem to think that because JDS won that first fight quickly meant he was in a different league than Cain and Cain would never beat him. They are pretty much on the same level overall.

It means a lot when it follows a whole string of other KOs that were in the 1st round. We aren't talking about a flash KO like Edgar/Maynard 3 which no one saw coming.

I really still have no idea where each fighter stands, but JDS has been a lot more consistent in his fights and has faced and beat the better fighters, so I still think he is the better fighter IMO.

Cain pillow fists. Seriously dude is the only HW without KO power.

Because people are fucking stupid. Obviously they are buying into the Cain Velasquez Hype that he is the next Fedor. Deal with it zuffa zombies theres no one like the Last Emperor. People sure are thick. Didn't see this retards last year posting shit when your boy got KTFO.

Back