Who is the biggest threat to Tom Aspinall at heavyweight?

Derrick Lewis will KO Tom Aspinall if/when they ever fight. He will then proceed to strip completed naked so they have to cover him with the UFC belt. His excuse. “My ass cheeks has a slight rash from all the sex I’ve been having lately.”

Obvious answer is Dana White.

Shocking that people are answering Gane. He loses 9 out of 10 times at least, likely worse. He doesn't have stoppage power on the feet and has nonexistent grappling. What is his path to victory?

Most realistic answer is Jailton or Volkov. Both moreso than Jones. Sergei rematch probably more than Jones as well. 2024 Jones has no path to victory. But Jones and the UFC both know that. Which is why the fight will never happen. Of course 2014 Jones has a definite path to victory. But we don't live in 2014 / something Sherdog often doesn't understand.

In my mind, Tom has already retired with 16 title defenses and the unified boxing HW belt

Obvious answer is Dana White.

Shocking that people are answering Gane. He loses 9 out of 10 times at least, likely worse. He doesn't have stoppage power on the feet and has nonexistent grappling. What is his path to victory?

Most realistic answer is Jailton or Volkov. Both moreso than Jones. Sergei rematch probably more than Jones as well. 2024 Jones has no path to victory. But Jones and the UFC both know that. Which is why the fight will never happen. Of course 2014 Jones has a definite path to victory. But we don't live in 2014 / something Sherdog often doesn't understand.

The grappling would be the big problem, I think Tom subs him with ease

I suppose somebody who can make him answer what questions we have left about Tom.

Someone who can drag the fight into deep waters and/or put him on his back. He's hittable but makes reads quick and hits hard and fast so might be too risky unless you're Ngannou.

It may sound weird, but i think Derrick Lewis could be a tough match up for Tom.
Don't know if Tom would keep distance and poke like gane did, he's most straight to the kill.
And lewis is really the Upset king, I think he could put tom cold in the floor.

The thing with lewis is he is 50/50 in almost any figth

It may sound weird, but i think Derrick Lewis could be a tough match up for Tom.
Don't know if Tom would keep distance and poke like gane did, he's most straight to the kill.
And lewis is really the Upset king, I think he could put tom cold in the floor.

The thing with lewis is he is 50/50 in almost any figth

Nah, speed kills Lewis and Aspinall is quick as fuck.

Aside from Jones obviously, not sure - Almeida, maybe, if he actually gets some basic striking ability.

Nah, speed kills Lewis and Aspinall is quick as fuck.

Aside from Jones obviously, not sure - Almeida, maybe, if he actually gets some basic striking ability.
Yeah He's Quick in the 1st round, but he can keep This Pace ?
Lewis know He's not the fasttest Guy, so He's rally pacient, and knows How to trhow those bombs.
Tom most likely would close the distance and Go for the kill early, wich is extremely dangerous against a Guy like Lewis.
If he chooses to keep distance, How long he can mantain that speed in a 250lbs body ?

Aspinall would be a huge favorite, obviuosly, but he would be against anyone in HW(excludind Jones)
And tbh, i think Derrick could be more dangerous than Volkov, Pavlovich or Blaydes

Someone like Daniel Cormier would have been an interesting challenge.

As for the current landscape, JBJ is the only compelling fight, Tom will emasculate all other fighters in the current HW scene.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
immensebyword89
Back