Votes: 87 44.8%
  • JBJ

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Both

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 38 19.6%

• Total voters
Aspinall has 4 top 10 wins and Jones has 1. Aspinall’s best win is just as good or better than Jones’s lone win. So he’s got the better claim imo.

Say it. Say Jones turned down the fight for 10 million.
Your avatar is fitting.

This is all you have left. Something is clearly implied and you're attacking that I didn't say a number in a single post. While ignoring every other point made.

You're delusional. Cherry picking facts. Projecting heavily.

You have no argument.

The fact that you just ignore Frank turning down the fight for 8 million speaks volumes.

You're making up reality as it suits you.

You don't even see yourself. Calling me a hypocrite is comical.

What does being out of his contract have to do with anything? Ngannou was offered 8 million to take the fight and turned it down. Hence, the fight never happened.

It has everything to do with it. In order to get the fight Ngannou would have had to sign another 5 year contract and give up boxing. He would have been stuck with the UFC for the remainder of his prime and had none of the opportunities he does now.

Whether he was signed or not is irrelevant.

Jones being under contract doesn't mean anything either. Because a contract renegotiation was always going to be a huge part of fighting for the HW title.

Of course it matters, Jones had an obligation to fight in the UFC. He couldn't test free agency like Ngannou could.

The fact is when they were both under contract and both had incentive to make the fight, Jones turned it down.

Wilder was making 30 million a fight while doing similar or even lesser numbers in boxing. So, yes. 10 million is definitely less than he's worth and any fighter would be right to fight against it.

Just acting like Jones should've accepted the 10 million offer, calling him a duck for pushing for more is irrational and oblivious to fighter pay.

Sure, he could've taken it. But given what we know about fighter pay, why would you even advocate for a fighter just willfully accepting a fight for much less than they're worth?

Jones isn't making Wilder money now. So what did he sit out for? Note I didn't call Jones a duck, I'm pointing out the reality that he turned the fight down and is the reason it didn't happen.

Your avatar is fitting.

This is all you have left. Something is clearly implied and you're attacking that I didn't say a number in a single post. While ignoring every other point made.

You're delusional. Cherry picking facts. Projecting heavily.

You have no argument.

The fact that you just ignore Frank turning down the fight for 8 million speaks volumes.

You're making up reality as it suits you

Still waiting for you to say it.

"Jones turned down the fight for 10 million"

Your inability to state a basic fact because in your head it makes Jones look bad speaks for itself. You're just here to stan.

Still waiting for you to say it.

"Jones turned down the fight for 10 million"

Your inability to state a basic fact because in your head it makes Jones look bad speaks for itself. You're just here to stan.
It was mentioned in several posts on the last page.

But I understand reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.

I'm not sure how this is your major point out of everything that's been said though. Seems you have no argument anymore and attacking meaningless, irrelevant things.

It has everything to do with it. In order to get the fight Ngannou would have had to sign another 5 year contract and give up boxing. He would have been stuck with the UFC for the remainder of his prime and had none of the opportunities he does now.

Of course it matters, Jones had an obligation to fight in the UFC. He couldn't test free agency like Ngannou could.

The fact is when they were both under contract and both had incentive to make the fight, Jones turned it down.

Jones isn't making Wilder money now. So what did he sit out for? Note I didn't call Jones a duck, I'm pointing out the reality that he turned the fight down and is the reason it didn't happen.
So what you're saying is, Jones declined a 10 million dollar offer in 2021 to push for more. As a result, he's the reason for the fight not happening.

But it's okay that Ngannou turned the 8 million dollar offer down because of other opportunities.

Ngannou turned the fight down, could've made the fight happen. But it doesn't count because he had other opportunities. Therefore, it's still Jones fault the fight never happened.

The mental gymnastics are incredible.

So don't just answer with who is officially the champ, but who of these two, in your personal opinion, do you see as the real HW champ right now?

@HHJ

PS it's just weird posting my first thread in this new era of SD.... And mods, I have a dark background on my phone - not sure if that's standards or just carried over personal settings from the previous edition - but the letters when making the poll are also dark... Meaning I can hardly see shit, Capt'n! when making the poll.

Jon Jones...anyone saying differently are just salt filled Jones haters lol..

Is Jones not allowed to be injured? Plenty of champions have been ...but cuz its Jones here comes the pitch forks and white robes LOL...

Y'all trippin...

So what you're saying is, Jones declined a 10 million dollar offer in 2021 to push for more. As a result, he's the reason for the fight not happening.

He was literally the reason the fight wasn't happening. There's an entire year of Jones beefing with Dana and turning the fight down. I've provided you with multiple sources. What else do you need?

But it's okay that Ngannou turned the 8 million dollar offer down because of other opportunities.

He was a free agent, obviously it makes sense to see what the best deal is. How in your head does it make sense to blame Ngannou for the fight not happening when he was a free agent and being offered less than what Jones was? Pure hypocrisy.

Ngannou turned the fight down, could've made the fight happen. But it doesn't count because he had other opportunities. Therefore, it's still Jones fault the fight never happened.

The mental gymnastics are incredible.

You're the one who has been doing mental gymnastics up and down this thread in your desperation to make Jones the hero of this story.

Also you keep dodging the fact that Jones never got the money he was demanding. He was willing to fight Gane for less.

To be the man, you've got to beat the man.

Francis is the lineal champ, they can fight for that belt if Dana White is willing to make it happen.

Jones is next in line because he's the GOAT* (*with PEDs asterisk)

Tom is gonna be promoted to UFC champ as soon as Jones/Stipe concludes so may as well just look at him as the champ now.

All the vacant belts from other weight classes too! Way too lazy to look into it, but Anderson, Khabib and Jones' entire "championship" reigns might all just be a sham!

GSP will forever be the lineal WW champ tho, and possibly MW champ if Anderson was actually a lineal champ.

UFC-Champs.PNG

I just realized thanks to this graphic ive pretty much watched almost every champions reign in this sport while ive been alive.... that's amazing....i dont think i can say that about any other sport...

So don't just answer with who is officially the champ, but who of these two, in your personal opinion, do you see as the real HW champ right now?

@HHJ

PS it's just weird posting my first thread in this new era of SD.... And mods, I have a dark background on my phone - not sure if that's standards or just carried over personal settings from the previous edition - but the letters when making the poll are also dark... Meaning I can hardly see shit, Capt'n! when making the poll.
I go with Tom, just because JJ picks his opponents, or holds the division up with belt, or keeps fans guessing when he is coming back from retirement. I think JJ real challenge would have been Francis, but, Tom should not be overlooked. I really don't want to see old stipe fight now...He may prove us wrong though...he may have more than we would think.

Thread worthy stuff. Definitely couldn't have gone in one of the existing ones.

You could also have gone to another thread if you think this isn"t threadworthy. And making a thread to make a poll is a pretty standard thing to do on SD. People will bitch about anything I guess.

Also no, I could not make a poll in someone else's thread.

Neither can really be considered the legit champ without beating the other.

Jones is a legend but grapple-tard Gane was served up for him on a plate. Tom is clearly the best of the next generation but seemingly has to wait for Jones to heal and have his circus fight with Stipe.

Dana's made a right mess of this division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back