Votes: 87 44.8%
  • JBJ

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • Both

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 38 19.6%

• Total voters
Thread worthy stuff. Definitely couldn't have gone in one of the existing ones.

You vould also have stayed in anothet thread if you think this isn"t threadworthy.
Is this a poll? If it is, I don't see it, or any other polls for that reason.

@KowboyMMA can you advise please? I'm on a PC using the SD Light!

Yes it is, bud. Can't help you with that myself, hope you got your help. Making the poll itself seemed buggy too, so maybe it has something to do with it

Jones should vacate his title willingly. If he really believed in himself he would come back and win it again. 8+ months is too long to sit out and who knows if he even recovers fully. I'll go with Aspinall.

I chose Aspinall since he will defend.

Jones is gonna beat stipe then retire, and vacate his belt anyway.

So don't just answer with who is officially the champ, but who of these two, in your personal opinion, do you see as the real HW champ right now?

@HHJ

PS it's just weird posting my first thread in this new era of SD.... And mods, I have a dark background on my phone - not sure if that's standards or just carried over personal settings from the previous edition - but the letters when making the poll are also dark... Meaning I can hardly see shit, Capt'n! when making the poll.

you're on "Sherdog default dark (no ads)". switch out of that to the dark option that's the last choice.

you're on "Sherdog default dark (no ads)". switch out of that to the dark option that's the last choice.

I understand that, but I should be able to create a poll while using a dark background don't you think? Otherwise what's the point of having multiple options?

The point was not to ask how to change my background, but to notify the SD staff to how they could possibly improve this newly implemented version of SD forums.

Regardless, I appreciate your attempt to help me, bud.

I voted for Tom, but if/when jon were to fight Tom I'd see him as the champion again.

This "I'll fight stipe and retire." Is basically him already vacating the title.

Both Jones/Gane and Pavlovich/Aspinall were fights between highly ranked guys to get a belt when the previous champion was unable to defend it. Jones's belt is technically "official," but both fights were essentially the same situation, so I'm more than happy to call the most recent victor who's more likely the defend the belt sooner the "real" champ, and that's Aspinall.

I Think Aspinall is great. I want him to fight Jones. But Jones is the MMA GOAT and anyone who says he's ranked below someone else is just a hater. I know, mma math, but he and Francis even have a common "recent" opponent.

Tom Aspinall is the HW Champion of the World.

To be fair... ironically every answer is correct.

- Jones because he is HW champion and it is not this lucky sob fault that he fought Cyril Gane who crumbled under pressure. Maybe few more fifa matches and he would do better.
- Aspinall because he factually is fighting most dangerous guys and he worked hard to climb rankings and to be champion.
- both - see above. Strong arguments.
- neither - Jones has beaten off night frozen Gane (aka the worst shape possible - omen of how fighter will look like when he will be washed) while Aspinall is interim and only interim.

How do you figure Stipe is the champ?
Stipe has the most HW title defenses bar none. He lost to Francis, Jon never fought Stipe, like Tom, Jon has an interim belt IMO, especially since he's fought NOBODY in years.

I chose neither, as neither guy beat the undisputed champ, so best case scenario is they fight each other and we declare the winner the "true champ". Forces to pick, though, I'm going with the guy who beat several top ten hws.

Back