Who am I?

I spent my first 18 fights mostly fighting nobodies. After that, I lost a very close and contentious fight to the champ. I rematched him a little later and blew him out in three. From there on out I had one of the most dominant runs in my divisions history, beating many a good fighters. Eventually, my boredom and lack of discipline (I was a famous party boy) caused me to retire. However, financial issues quickly forced me out of retirement. Following my return from retirement, i fought three times for a world title, coming very close each time. In my last fight, I came closest, but age and wars had caught up to me and I was stopped within seconds of beating the champ. In tears, I finally retired and called it a career.
Jung Koo Chang?

Edit: Is that him in your avatar?

I spent my first 18 fights mostly fighting nobodies. After that, I lost a very close and contentious fight to the champ. I rematched him a little later and blew him out in three. From there on out I had one of the most dominant runs in my divisions history, beating many a good fighters. Eventually, my boredom and lack of discipline (I was a famous party boy) caused me to retire. However, financial issues quickly forced me out of retirement. Following my return from retirement, i fought three times for a world title, coming very close each time. In my last fight, I came closest, but age and wars had caught up to me and I was stopped within seconds of beating the champ. In tears, I finally retired and called it a career.
Who is this one?
I thought maybe Bobby Chacon but that didn't add up.

Peak LW Duran against peak LW Ortiz would have been quite something to behold.

Ortiz fought tons of bad motherfuckers. The most stacked resume among forgotten fighters.
I've always held that Ortiz is a top 5, maybe top 3 AT LW. My perosnal pick for hte most underrated fighter in boxing history.

I've always held that Ortiz is a top 5, maybe top 3 AT LW. My perosnal pick for hte most underrated fighter in boxing history.
bad timing really, they say the paret fight devestated the sport and kept it off of television for many years, i wouldn't know, i wasn't born yet, seems the ali fights were on tv from what i see on youtube and the griffith fights and the other middleweights looked like they were televised as well as joe fraziers fights, so I don't know.

I am not an American boxer. A couple of my fellow countrymen had great success in my weightclass, and all 3 of us are southpaws. But I settled in the US when I was growing as a fighter, away from the usual boxing states. I was never KOed as a pro. I dropped a few early losses, then had a first run as a world champion. I crushed the guy who ended it in round one when we met again. Defending my titles I got more draws than wins.

billy costello, i just watched parts of his lonnie smith fights yesterday, people always called him arrogant, i never saw that. either way, damn, those guys were awful buff to be getting down to 140, they look huge. Smith was a promising fighter, i read that he had managerial issues. He didn't have the heart to beat chavez. Costello, i knew a guy who grew up with him, played sandlot football with him. Billy died a few years ago from, i think it was lung cancer.

fuck you, i'll never get that one.

I am not an American boxer. A couple of my fellow countrymen had great success in my weightclass, and all 3 of us are southpaws. But I settled in the US when I was growing as a fighter, away from the usual boxing states. I was never KOed as a pro. I dropped a few early losses, then had a first run as a world champion. I crushed the guy who ended it in round one when we met again. Defending my titles I got more draws than wins.

Can you give us an era in which they competed in? 3 southpaws must be Cubans, and if they're getting more draws than losses in title fights as well as losing a few fights early on it'd have to be pre-70s.

I beat a former World champ in my 4th professional fight. He as the only fighter to go the distance with me in my first 9. In my 6th bout I beat a man who would later be a world champ. I was the first undisputed champ at my weight in over 30 years. I left a wake a defeated champions and a HoF fighter in my dust.

As an amateur fighter, I easily beat a fighter who would dethrone HBO’s prize fighter. Professionally I fought on three continents, but never in the country of my birth. I beat fighters from the US, Ghana, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba, Columbia, South Africa, Puerto Rico, the West Indies, the Bahamas, Australia and Gyana.

Ben Villaflor?

Ben Villaflor?

giphy.gif

I beat a former World champ in my 4th professional fight. He as the only fighter to go the distance with me in my first 9. In my 6th bout I beat a man who would later be a world champ. I was the first undisputed champ at my weight in over 30 years. I left a wake a defeated champions and a HoF fighter in my dust.

As an amateur fighter, I easily beat a fighter who would dethrone HBO’s prize fighter. Professionally I fought on three continents, but never in the country of my birth. I beat fighters from the US, Ghana, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba, Columbia, South Africa, Puerto Rico, the West Indies, the Bahamas, Australia and Gyana.

Kostya Tszyu ?

Back