Who am I?

I beat a former World champ in my 4th professional fight. He as the only fighter to go the distance with me in my first 9. In my 6th bout I beat a man who would later be a world champ. I was the first undisputed champ at my weight in over 30 years. I left a wake a defeated champions and a HoF fighter in my dust.

As an amateur fighter, I easily beat a fighter who would dethrone HBO’s prize fighter. Professionally I fought on three continents, but never in the country of my birth. I beat fighters from the US, Ghana, Argentina, Mexico, Cuba, Columbia, South Africa, Puerto Rico, the West Indies, the Bahamas, Australia and Gyana.
The guy to the left on my screen

After looking like I was set to have an unimpressive run in my first thirty something, I fought the world champ and nuked him out in four. I brought the championship back to the southwest and became one of the most dominant champions in my division's history. I fought several men in the weight class above me who would become certified ATGs, losing each time. I retired on a draw, then came out of retirement to fight a few inconsequential moneymakers. Anybody who fought me in my prime will remember me for my fearsome power and ranginess.

If you had seen my record 39 fights in, you wouldn't have thought much of me. But in my 40th fight, I beat an ATG on points. Then I rematched him and lost a controversial stoppage where I was up on the cards. After that I continued fighting with middle results, until I moved down a division, won the championship and became a dominant force in it for years to come. I made a few forays into the division above, and while I lost more than I won, I was able to beat an ATG at that weight. Eventually, I lost my title to a very good fighter, fought a while longer with mixed results, and retired, a hero in my home country.

After looking like I was set to have an unimpressive run in my first thirty something, I fought the world champ and nuked him out in four. I brought the championship back to the southwest and became one of the most dominant champions in my division's history. I fought several men in the weight class above me who would become certified ATGs, losing each time. I retired on a draw, then came out of retirement to fight a few inconsequential moneymakers. Anybody who fought me in my prime will remember me for my fearsome power and ranginess.

Sounds Cuevas-ish, but it's not Cuevas. Dang.

Bob Foster ?

ok tough one:

Since my resume looked like that of a journeyman, it was a huge shock when I beat a fighter on a lot of people's P4P lists (in fact it was Ring's upset of the year). Still, I beat him then went on to defend my title several times against no-names and some credible opponents, including rematching the man I dethroned. Eventually, I vacated and went up in weight and lost to one of the biggest punchers in British history. Then I went back to my origional weight class and lost to the guy who ended up being the launch pad for one of HBO's biggest stars. After a couple more tries, I retired, but my high volume, bob-and-weaving style gave the continent of Africa one of it's finest fighters.

ok tough one:

Since my resume looked like that of a journeyman, it was a huge shock when I beat a fighter on a lot of people's P4P lists (in fact it was Ring's upset of the year). Still, I beat him then went on to defend my title several times against no-names and some credible opponents, including rematching the man I dethroned. Eventually, I vacated and went up in weight and lost to one of the biggest punchers in British history. Then I went back to my origional weight class and lost to the guy who ended up being the launch pad for one of HBO's biggest stars. After a couple more tries, I retired, but my high volume, bob-and-weaving style gave the continent of Africa one of it's finest fighters.

Bungu. The Hamed fight did it for me.

Bob Foster?

Azumah Nelson it is.
I remember during the US government shutdown, Nelson couldn't get a visa.

Nelson stated that the shutdown was really a conspiracy to help his American opponent keep his title.

Man, if Nelson had twitter back then, he would have been so much more well known.

I beat a future HBO golden boy in the amateurs by stoppage. I won an Olympic silver medal. In my 17th pro fight I won the title by SD in the land of the rising sun. Nobody from my neck of the woods had ever done that. I went the distance with p4p punchers. In fact, I was never knocked down. I vacated my title, went up in weight, and lost a championship fight, in the fight of the year. I retired, on the stool. I changed my name legally to include my nickname- which is also slang for a sex toy.

I beat a future HBO golden boy in the amateurs by stoppage. I won an Olympic silver medal. In my 17th pro fight I won the title by SD in the land of the rising sun. Nobody from my neck of the woods had ever done that. I went the distance with p4p punchers. In fact, I was never knocked down. I vacated my title, went up in weight, and lost a championship fight, in the fight of the year. I retired, on the stool. I changed my name legally to include my nickname- which is also slang for a sex toy.
Its either Dildo Jones or Wayne McCollough

I am in the HoF and am considered the best ever in my weight class. I was born in a state not associated with boxing I signed to fight an amateur fighter in a feed store- color me surprised when it was an all time great under pseudonym who outweighed me by 25 pounds showed up. I turned conventional scoring on its head. I filed a lawsuit against a media outlet claiming a threw a fight. The jurors screwed me!

I fought all sorts- a school supply, a planet, a Mexican, and SS repeatedly.

I am in the HoF and am considered the best ever in my weight class. I was born in a state not associated with boxing I signed to fight an amateur fighter in a feed store- color me surprised when it was an all time great under pseudonym who outweighed me by 25 pounds showed up. I turned conventional scoring on its head. I filed a lawsuit against a media outlet claiming a threw a fight. The jurors screwed me!

I fought all sorts- a school supply, a planet, a Mexican, and SS repeatedly.

Pep ?

I was born in a legendary fight city, but I fought out of a legendary gym elsewhere. Al Bernstein saw one of my fights and said it was the best round of boxing he’d ever seen- ahead of Hearns/ Hagler and Corrales/Castillo. I stepped into to fight a HoF all time great, when a stable mate was injured. I cracked the champ with a left- I think that made him mad. I was blown out in 1. Rumors are I smoked crack the night before the fight...

Another fighter from my gym tried his luck, while he did better, the result was the same, in a different round. Unfortunately, after boxing I had repeated stints in prison.

Last edited:
I was born in a legendary fight city, but I fought out of a legendary gym elsewhere. Al Bernstein saw one of my fights and said it was the best round of boxing he’d ever seen- ahead of Hearns/ Hagler and Corrales/Castillo. I stepped into to fight a HoF all time great, when a stable mate was injured. I cracked the champ with a left- I think that made him mad. I was blown out in 1. Rumors are I smoked crack the night before the fight...

Another fighter from my gym tried his luck, while he did better, the result was the same, in a different round. Unfortunately, after boxing I had repeated stints in prison.
William Caveman Lee.

Back