What's the point of throwing jab to the leg?

In my opinion, it is more a distance measuring tool than a damaging strike. Bendo was using those along with the sidekicks to the leg to measure distance and interrupt Cerrone. However, the problem with Benson is that almost all his strikes are for measuring distance and he never goes for the kill, even when he had him hurt. So basically, his fight totals are a bunch of committal strikes but there is no distinction on the numbers.

Hilarious this poster is defending Bendo snd talking to me about sig strikes when under his AV says Diaz won against Condit.

Oh fuck me the irony is too thick!

Your arguments for Cowboy winning are just excellent. "Take a look at this guy's sig! I rest my case"...

You don't win a fight by moving forward and getting outstruck. Ask Nick Diaz.

I don't know how you can say he "didn't do anything", he outstruck Cowboy significantly. It was a boring fight, but you don't just award Cowboy with the victory because Bendo "neutralized" him, that's ridiculous.

He actually did not outstrike Cerrone if we remove the leg stabs.

Cerrone was attempting to win the fight and was moving forward more often. The difference between him and Diaz.... taking almost zero damage or significant strikes while doing so. His leg stabs were used specifically to stop Cerrone's forward motion... to disrupt his timing. That's great, but again it's no different than stopping an advancing team in Americna Football, then doing nothing when you're on offense. Or for Football fans, holding possession in the backfield and not scoring.

Bendo didn't do anything to win that fight. He just worked very hard to not lose.

You seem russled through. So that's the last I'll say on the issue. If you can't see my point, that's fine.

Like other elite fighters, Bendo does a great job of mixing up his attacks and keeping his opponents guessing. Cowboy looked frustrated and never really got off in that fight, outside of a couple decent body kicks that were partially blocked and a head kick that caught with his foot.

The purpose of that punch (and some of his other attacks like the side kick to the leg) is to keep his opponent from being able to get off their game, it throws off their rhythm. It's sort of like boxers who set up guys with a seemingly lazy jab that does nothing only to lure them into a big punch/combo.

If you watch how cowboy responds after those, he sort of chases Bendo a little only to find Bendo is immediately out of range and there is nothing there.

A side effect, IMO, is that it shows dominance in the cage as well. Bendo landed a lot of unanswered strikes, even if they weren't doing a ton of damage.

Yup. UD bitches. Time to deals.

The difference between me and you is that I can separate my love for a fighter and my hatred from a fighter with what actually happened.

I can objectively watch Bendo rematch with Edgar and admit he lost. I can likewise watch Bendo outstrike Cowboy and admit he won.

You have to resort to personal attacks and ad hominems. Your argument is basically you don't like the way Bendo fought so Cowboy won.

Your arguments for Cowboy winning are just excellent. "Take a look at this guy's sig! I rest my case"...

Awwwwhh. Dontsnitch doesn't even have basic reading comprehension and was literally asking questions that I'd already answered on the very same page. Because I won't repeat myself and instead choose to mock his hypocrisy warrants him to make the accusations he is now.

Summary? He's mad. Bendo lost. QQ.

What's the point of throwing jab to the leg?

You never played the punching game when you were a kid where you punch each other in the arm or thigh until someone quits? That shit hurts!

He actually did not outstrike Cerrone if we remove the leg stabs.

Cerrone was attempting to win the fight and was moving forward more often. The difference between him and Diaz.... taking almost zero damage or significant strikes while doing so. His leg stabs were used specifically to stop Cerrone's forward motion... to disrupt his timing. That's great, but again it's no different than stopping an advancing team in Americna Football, then doing nothing when you're on offense.

Bendo didn't do anything to win that fight. He just worked very hard to not lose.

You seem russled through. So that's the last I'll say on the issue. If you can't see my point, that's fine.

What is this "if we remove all these strikes" business?

You keep making the comparison to football. If they stop an offence, the other team doesn't advance to score and they lose...

He was outstruck in significant shots every round. If you want to award Cowboy the win, we need to scrap our current judging system and adopt a new one.

Or simply change your definition of "Significant strikes" to only include ones that might cause damage. And not the sort of damage that needs 12 rounds to accumulate.

Awwwwhh. Dontsnitch doesn't even have basic reading comprehension and was literally asking questions that I'd already answered on the very same page. Because I won't repeat myself and instead choose to mock his hypocrisy warrants him to make the accusations he is now.

Summary? He's mad. Bendo lost. QQ.

All you got is ad hominems. I get it, you like Cowboy, you hate Bendo, Cowboy was awarded the victory and you agree with it.

Cool beans, brah. I for one wish that judging was always fair, not only when I'm personally invested.

all those side kicks to that part of the leg, throw in some punches in hopes to mess it up more...looks like it does nothing though

All you got is ad hominems. I get it, you like Cowboy, you hate Bendo, Cowboy was awarded the victory and you agree with it.

Cool beans, brah. I for one wish that judging was always fair, not only when I'm personally invested.

Dontsnitch is trying to leg jab his way to victory in this thread.

It's not working.

Crazy for me to want to discuss the Benson fight in a Benson thread. You're acting like a child, you refuse to discuss things rationally or provide any arguments at all, except for childish remarks.

Serves me right to want to have an actual discussion on Sherdog. Carry on with your ad hominems, be sure to get the last empty word in too.

What is this "if we remove all these strikes" business?

You keep making the comparison to football. If they stop an offence, the other team doesn't advance to score and they lose...

I feel like we're being generous calling them strikes. After a decade of Tang Soo Do and Muay Thai I feel I can tell the difference between a strike intended for damage and a strike intended to "count". Those were hardly strikes at all. They were disrupt forward motion, much like bluffing a blitz.

Also your last sentence made almost no sense. If you stop an offense.... it doesn't mean you scored. Bendo stopping forward momentum of Cerrone doesn't mean he's being offensive.

Honestly, man. You're fighting a weird battle here.

ClassicPoorHoneybee.gif

Or simply change your definition of "Significant strikes" to only include ones that might cause damage. And not the sort of damage that needs 12 rounds to accumulate.

Something should be done, the judging is far too inconsistent.

I don't think you can start judging shots by how hard they appear to land, that would be too subjective. Maybe by how much damage is done, but again, that's not always clear.

Back