What's the point of throwing jab to the leg?

Scoring points and hoping his opponent will eventually drop his hands and score a big punch. That shit worked perfectly vs Diaz. Not so much against Cowboy though, according to the judges anyway.

He's been doing it since the Nate Diaz fight. Could be a distraction, could be it actually can hurt. I've been hit in the thigh, ever hear of a charlie horse? Doesn't feel good.

Yes, but these are professional fighters, not children who are going to run home to mommy to tell her about their owwie.

The risk vs the reward makes this a move that's very situational. The chances of doing significant damage vs the chances of your opponent blasting you in the face with a counter.

not much different from jab to the body.

Aside from earning points, disturbing his rhythm and making him guess, that actually seemed to hurt Nate's leg on its own (in addition to legkicks). Man it's hurtful to be a Diaz fan sometimes *sigh*:wink:

Bendo was just taunting Cowboy... He would say, "Who won the Kentucky Derby?" Then say, "Charlie Horse!" and punch Cowboy in the thigh. Pretty badass.

punch yourself in the thigh then come back and tell us. there are drawbacks of course, shorter range and less impact than a kick to thigh.

It's called money in the bank, ***s. One doesn't kill you - they add up and make your opponent have to deal with something else. Yes, it does damage that builds up. If you don't understand that go watch figure skating.

(LOL at censoring)

He stated that he got it from Alex Caceres when sparring with him. Bruce Leeroy kept hitting him with it and Bendo was surprised at how much it actually hurt.

Let Benson Henderson kick and punch your thigh 30 times in the same spot and see how it feels, and how much it slows your movement and keeps you guessing.

It's also got a frustration aspect, would you not be pissed if you kept expecting a TD attempt and instead got punched in the thigh and made look like a fool?

Then again what's the point in foot stump and shoulder shrug

Actually those are both very effective maneuvers in situations where other strikes aren't available. Ask one of your buddies to stomp on your bare foot with their heel. Then clinch up with him, and when you can't pummel or get and advantage out of over-under, punch his face with your shoulder. Take note if any reaction occurred and if any space is made to pummel.

Or keep being a couch-bitch and not knowing what you're talking about.

I believe its purpose is to give the guy something to think about and do a level change, I cannot imagine that hurts what so ever

I think it's all about scoring points without really engaging. Same goes for those kicks to the thigh. Very low risk and you can pump up your total strikes landed really quickly. I appreciate that he wasn't throw them at the knees but I don't think those shots to the quads were hurting at all.

At least a heavy kick to the thigh could interrupt forward motion and thus may be useful to stop a charging opponent (though one might argue that a similar side kick to the stomach may be just as effective), but a punch? Seems like that's purely for adding one more total strike on Fight Metric. AKA point fighting.

Bendo would be better off without them imo.

I wonder if enough of them would constitute a charley-horse like feeling

Back