What's the point of throwing jab to the leg?

Varying up attack, making your opponent not know if you're doing that or going for a takedown, etc. I thought it was rather obvious. Dude's been doing it for a while.

Benson so did not win that fight. I'm dumbfounded that people think it was a robbery but then again, I forget how quickly people are swayed by the thoughts, words and beliefs of other people (i.e. Joe Rogan). Ya'll have to take your tongues out of Luke Thomas' corn-holio and start thinking for yourselves.

Benson so did not win that fight. I'm dumbfounded that people think it was a robbery but then again, I forget how quickly people are swayed by the thoughts, words and beliefs of other people (i.e. Joe Rogan). Ya'll have to take your tongues out of Luke Thomas' corn-holio and start thinking for yourselves.

I totally agree. I was watching and thinking Joe was crazy saying how Donald needed to pick it up. I thought it was very close but thought Cerone won that fight. Certainly no robbery.

It is a stupid meaningless way to score points, I'm glad the judges finaly saw through Benson Hendersons BS. I cant stand the guy, Hes very good at manipulating the judges.

He lost second fight with Edgar
He lost to Melendez

Unless a guy loads up on every shot it's for "points". Sherdog ladies and gentlemen...

Its essentially the same move which some fighters like Jones utilize: fake low(with a jab in this case, or a hand as if you were going for a takedown) then overhand. But here Bendo's just jabbing the leg. Good for points I guess.

Thats a significant strike If I ever saw one!!!!

Bendo was robbed!!!!

It is a stupid meaningless way to score points, I'm glad the judges finaly saw through Benson Hendersons BS. I cant stand the guy, Hes very good at manipulating the judges.

He lost second fight with Edgar
He lost to Melendez

But he beat Cowboy. The fact that you need to look at this fight in the light of other fights that have absolutely nothing to do with this says a lot.

So nobody thinks if you continue to both kick hard & throw stiff jabs at the same area you've been kicking won't take a slowing effect on that abused thigh of a fighter?

Over 12 rounds, sure. Over 3, nope. It was point-fighting plain and simple. Bendo wanted only to win points and essentially neutralize Cerrone.

I'll give him this.... he found a way to LnP standing.

But he beat Cowboy. The fact that you need to look at this fight in the light of other fights that have absolutely nothing to do with this says a lot.

You can say you think he won on points. Don't you dare say that effort "beat" anyone.

It is an investment, I've been on the receiving end of them before, the first few aren't bad, but they can really start to add up if they are thrown with frequency and with leg kicks added in. That and it looks like a level change for a take down which can open things up.

Over 12 rounds, sure. Over 3, nope. It was point-fighting plain and simple. Bendo wanted only to win points and essentially neutralize Cerrone.

I'll give him this.... he found a way to LnP standing.

You can say you think he won on points. Don't you dare say that effort "beat" anyone.

So what? What did Cowboy do, he did even less. Why don't people complain at Cowboy's performance? It's just biased BS.

The real tragedy is that little knee strike was counted, credited and treated with the same validity as the left counter Cerrone planted on Bendos chin moments before.

Truly bizarre.

So what? What did Cowboy do, he did even less. Why don't people complain at Cowboy's performance? It's just biased BS.

I don't think anyone won. But Bendo was actively neutralizing without fighting. Essentially it's like an American Football team playing strong defense and then running an I-Formation gut run every down on offense. Or a baseball team that has lights-out pitching and then bunts every at-bat.

He didn't do anything. Cerrone was attempting to come forward and fight. If you take out Bendos leg jabs and kick-jabs he landed less than Cerrone. He was avoiding engagement a majority of the fight. He wasn't looking to finish by any means.

I'm not saying he lost. But he didn't win.

You either didn't watch the fight or simply want to troll. Everything Cowboy threw had bad intentions. He chased Bendo all fight too.

I don't think anyone won. But Bendo was actively neutralizing without fighting. Essentially it's like an American Football team playing strong defense and then running an I-Formation gut run every down on offense. Or a baseball team that has lights-out pitching and then bunts every at-bat.

He didn't do anything. Cerrone was attempting to come forward and fight. If you take out Bendos leg jabs and kick-jabs he landed less than Cerrone. He was avoiding engagement a majority of the fight. He wasn't looking to finish by any means.

I'm not saying he lost. But he didn't win.

You don't win a fight by moving forward and getting outstruck. Ask Nick Diaz.

I don't know how you can say he "didn't do anything", he outstruck Cowboy significantly. It was a boring fight, but you don't just award Cowboy with the victory because Bendo "neutralized" him, that's ridiculous.

You either didn't watch the fight or simply want to troll. Everything Cowboy threw had bad intentions. He chased Bendo all fight too.

He was outstruck in significant shots every round. If you want to award Cowboy the win, we need to scrap our current judging system and adopt a new one.

He was outstruck in significant shots every round. If you want to award Cowboy the win, we need to scrap our current judging system and adopt a new one.

Push kicks and leg jabs a go go!

Now this is pod racing!

ClassicPoorHoneybee.webm

Wasn't the first time he used it. Also, ive already saw Ebersole doing the same stuff.

Anderson has done it in the past also

Hilarious this poster is defending Bendo and talking to me about sig strikes when under his AV says Diaz beat against Condit. Christ on a bender.

Oh fuck me the irony is too thick!

Back