What's the point of throwing jab to the leg?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by hasar, Jan 20, 2015.

1. DarthChen731

DarthChen731 Gold Belt

Varying up attack, making your opponent not know if you're doing that or going for a takedown, etc. I thought it was rather obvious. Dude's been doing it for a while.

2. BigDaddyBach

BigDaddyBach Banned Banned

Benson so did not win that fight. I'm dumbfounded that people think it was a robbery but then again, I forget how quickly people are swayed by the thoughts, words and beliefs of other people (i.e. Joe Rogan). Ya'll have to take your tongues out of Luke Thomas' corn-holio and start thinking for yourselves.

3. Jack9011

Jack9011 Orange Belt

I totally agree. I was watching and thinking Joe was crazy saying how Donald needed to pick it up. I thought it was very close but thought Cerone won that fight. Certainly no robbery.

4. Bmartin89

Bmartin89 Purple Belt

It is a stupid meaningless way to score points, I'm glad the judges finaly saw through Benson Hendersons BS. I cant stand the guy, Hes very good at manipulating the judges.

He lost second fight with Edgar
    He lost to Melendez

5. dontsnitch

dontsnitch Steel Belt

Unless a guy loads up on every shot it's for "points". Sherdog ladies and gentlemen...

6. rE

rE Orange Belt

Its essentially the same move which some fighters like Jones utilize: fake low(with a jab in this case, or a hand as if you were going for a takedown) then overhand. But here Bendo's just jabbing the leg. Good for points I guess.

7. Phoenix Down

Phoenix Down Banned Banned

Thats a significant strike If I ever saw one!!!!

Bendo was robbed!!!!

8. dontsnitch

dontsnitch Steel Belt

But he beat Cowboy. The fact that you need to look at this fight in the light of other fights that have absolutely nothing to do with this says a lot.

9. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

Over 12 rounds, sure. Over 3, nope. It was point-fighting plain and simple. Bendo wanted only to win points and essentially neutralize Cerrone.

I'll give him this.... he found a way to LnP standing.

You can say you think he won on points. Don't you dare say that effort "beat" anyone.

10. Volizei

Volizei Blue Belt

It is an investment, I've been on the receiving end of them before, the first few aren't bad, but they can really start to add up if they are thrown with frequency and with leg kicks added in. That and it looks like a level change for a take down which can open things up.

11. dontsnitch

dontsnitch Steel Belt

So what? What did Cowboy do, he did even less. Why don't people complain at Cowboy's performance? It's just biased BS.

12. Phoenix Down

The real tragedy is that little knee strike was counted, credited and treated with the same validity as the left counter Cerrone planted on Bendos chin moments before.

Truly bizarre.

13. MilesAbove

MilesAbove Gold Belt

I don't think anyone won. But Bendo was actively neutralizing without fighting. Essentially it's like an American Football team playing strong defense and then running an I-Formation gut run every down on offense. Or a baseball team that has lights-out pitching and then bunts every at-bat.

He didn't do anything. Cerrone was attempting to come forward and fight. If you take out Bendos leg jabs and kick-jabs he landed less than Cerrone. He was avoiding engagement a majority of the fight. He wasn't looking to finish by any means.

I'm not saying he lost. But he didn't win.

14. Phoenix Down

You either didn't watch the fight or simply want to troll. Everything Cowboy threw had bad intentions. He chased Bendo all fight too.

15. dontsnitch

dontsnitch Steel Belt

You don't win a fight by moving forward and getting outstruck. Ask Nick Diaz.

I don't know how you can say he "didn't do anything", he outstruck Cowboy significantly. It was a boring fight, but you don't just award Cowboy with the victory because Bendo "neutralized" him, that's ridiculous.

16. dontsnitch

dontsnitch Steel Belt

He was outstruck in significant shots every round. If you want to award Cowboy the win, we need to scrap our current judging system and adopt a new one.

17. Phoenix Down

Push kicks and leg jabs a go go!

Now this is pod racing!

18. dontsnitch

dontsnitch Steel Belt

Well I guess that settles it then, Cowboy clearly won.

19. Hans Gruber

Hans Gruber Gold Belt

Anderson has done it in the past also

20. Phoenix Down

Hilarious this poster is defending Bendo and talking to me about sig strikes when under his AV says Diaz beat against Condit. Christ on a bender.

Oh fuck me the irony is too thick!