What's the point of throwing jab to the leg?

He's been doing this since he fought Diaz iirc? I think it's to keep his opponent guessing

He landed a beautiful headshot on Diaz after throwing a few leg-jabs in a row. He totally psyched him out, it was beautiful.

Like I said in my first post in this topic. It's called money in the bank.It is cululative damage, a strike that keeps your opponent guessing, yes, it hurts! Maybe it doesn't hurt like some other stike ... but ... that's the point.

Thankfully....You're wrong. It's not money in the bank. He's on a three fight losing streak including this latest showing against Cerrone.

Keep at those leg jabs Bendo, they ain't doing you any favors.

The leg jab just seems to be some desire for him to come up with a cool new move in the cage.

He didn't use them to set anything up. If he would have ever went for a double leg takedown than it could be said that he used the leg jabs as a fake to setup his shot but he never went for a leg takedown.

I get that all strikes are not KO type strikes but they should do something. Set a guy up, get him to move into your power punches etc. Not just a jab to the thigh.

Benson's most damaging strikes are his GNP which in this fight he didn't use.

Thankfully....You're wrong. It's not money in the bank. He's on a three fight losing streak including this latest showing against Cerrone.

Keep at those leg jabs Bendo, they ain't doing you any favors.

I don't watch him fight. Win or lose, IDC. I've caught three cards or so in the past couple of years so none of that matters to me.

But, please explain how it isn't money in the bank.

Remember the pic of him straight punching his opponent in the cup? The punches to the thigh are to make it look like the cup punch was accidental.

I am thinking its unexpected so throw it enough and the opponent will come up with an answer on the fly.
When he does respond hopefully its when you are actually attempting a TD.

Other than that just a general staying active type thing.

Weren't effective for Bendo vs Cerrone but could be in future.

One day, someone is going to throw one of those and receive a huge kick to the face.

Back