What's the point of throwing jab to the leg?

My cousins and me been saying the same thing since the Nate Diaz fight

I agree with the level change theory, also keeps your opponent guessing.

ClassicPoorHoneybee.webm

Wasn't the first time he used it. Also, ive already saw Ebersole doing the same stuff.

Its a fake shot that puts a strike on the board for the judges too. Get the guy to react to a takedown. Should be followed with an overhand IMO. Hendo used to use this but with a grab to set up the H bomb

I think it's all about scoring points without really engaging. Same goes for those kicks to the thigh. Very low risk and you can pump up your total strikes landed really quickly. I appreciate that he wasn't throw them at the knees but I don't think those shots to the quads were hurting at all.

So fighters are not allowed to use set up techniques and everything has to be a KO shot? How about that front leg kick preventing Cerrone from getting off with his lead leg kick?

It was effective, stop crying damage isn't everything.

i like it. its a disrespectful move in my opinion. its like, i just jabbed u in ur knee. thats how much u suck at striking.

oh, and did anyone have cerrone winning this fight besides the judges? has that decisions report come out on this fight yet?

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/5921/Donald-Cerrone-vs-Benson-Henderson

lol, its like 2/20 ppl gave it to cerrone. as many ppl gave it to cerrone 29-28 as ppl who gave bendo all three rounds 30-27. terrible decision

http://www.mmadecisions.com/decision/5918/Cathal-Pendred-vs-Sean-Spencer

not one gave it to pendred.. 30-27 cathal was the right choice. lmao

So nobody thinks if you continue to both kick hard & throw stiff jabs at the same area you've been kicking won't take a slowing effect on that abused thigh of a fighter?

set up future offense. although from how dc was set, it does look like it could tender up the thigh a little. a little. but again, more importantly it makes him drop his hands. in their 8th fight, watch for BH to drop him with a lead hook.

To win on points. Like when wrestlers take someone down and then do nothing but lay on top.

So nobody thinks if you continue to both kick hard & throw stiff jabs at the same area you've been kicking won't take a slowing effect on that abused thigh of a fighter?

Sure, but I doubt that's the primary object. It's the whole Bisping constant output style.

The whole "fake shot, overhand setup" does sound more plausible, but Bendo never really used it that way.

To win on points. Like when wrestlers take someone down and then do nothing but lay on top.

Yeah because the guy on the bottom wants the guy on top to smash him

The risk vs the reward makes this a move that's very situational. The chances of doing significant damage vs the chances of your opponent blasting you in the face with a counter.

To score points and set up other things.

This might be surprising to many people here, but many punches and kicks in MMA are thrown to score points and set up other things.

He's been doing it since the Nate Diaz fight. Could be a distraction, could be it actually can hurt. I've been hit in the thigh, ever hear of a charlie horse? Doesn't feel good.

It's meant to be a distraction, nothing else. Get the opponent to drop his guard and attention down. Pretty weird move. lol

I disagree. It serves to block the knee of the front leg from being used to dissuade a TD shot more so than a distraction.

A lot of different reasons

This....

And its not even worth going into the intricacies of MMA fight strategy. You actually have people saying "points"

This is a low brow thread.

Back