What was your prep for today?

Some people here seem to be confusing this situation with a post-nuclear apocalypse world.
Yeah, unlike in a nuclear war, there will be no fallout to contaminate food supplies or to kill livestock. There is no reason food supplies will be disrupted. The death ratio is not large enough to kill enough farmers and truckers. There might be a small shortage of some non-essential food items due to travel restrictions but the bulk foods like grains will keep flowing.
I'd suggest buying a little more than usual just so you minimize trips to the supermarket.

I bought a pound of potato salad and a turkey sandwich this morning. I also packed a can of Coke.
Now at work, checking the news.

I'm living on the edge

1000lbs of corn, bunch of yeast, some copper tubing.

1000lbs of corn, bunch of yeast, some copper tubing.

Just bought some yeast today, there wasn't much left on the shelf. It's a good thing I stocked up on rice and pasta last week, most of that was gone.

I bought my ammo right before people started running at the stores too lol.

Yeah, unlike in a nuclear war, there will be no fallout to contaminate food supplies or to kill livestock. There is no reason food supplies will be disrupted. The death ratio is not large enough to kill enough farmers and truckers. There might be a small shortage of some non-essential food items due to travel restrictions but the bulk foods like grains will keep flowing.
I'd suggest buying a little more than usual just so you minimize trips to the supermarket.

That entirely depends where you are located. I don't think it will get this bad, but if shipping is effected than places like canada that can't grow fruit for many months of the year can't get fruit.

So storing canned fruit in canada could help.

Also, panicked people are running at the stores here and stock is running out. This will last for a few weeks at least.

So storing a months worth of food is smart.

Just bought some yeast today, there wasn't much left on the shelf. It's a good thing I stocked up on rice and pasta last week, most of that was gone.

I was surprised at how much there was when I went. It's like everyone else is still stuck on the first level.

I was surprised at how much there was when I went. It's like everyone else is still stuck on the first level.

I'm in a rural area so lots of preppers here.

I'm all set up and waiting to see how bad this gets over the next month or so.

I'm in a rural area so lots of preppers here.

I'm all set up and waiting to see how bad this gets over the next month or so.
So am I. That's why I was shocked.

Economy is moving in reverse. So my wife and I bought a house this week. What could go wrong? lol

Bought ammo?

Im sitting on a pallet of .308 for my M60, I’m SET...

less than 100 54R for my SVD tho...
Misc normie ammo I’m good tho, 9mm, 5.56, x39, 22lr

my 300 blackout will go hungry, no suppressed M16 quietness for me.

Dental tools
Glow in the dark grip tape. Impulse buy since I needed some grip tape and saw a brand that glows in the dark and thought it was cool. Might come in handy.
719Hl86C8mL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Some people here seem to be confusing this situation with a post-nuclear apocalypse world.

A lot of people secretly want that.

Zombie movies are appealing to people because in an apocalypse type scenario, everyone is equal.

holy shit, i've been out of the gun loop for the last while. i just saw that people were SERIOUSLY advocating ny/ca/etc morons get cap&ball revolvers, because they're literally the only guns they can legally get right now.

so many anti-gun tards are now trying to buy guns upon realizing that the cops don't give a fuck about them/we can be looking at a country-wide katrina. and then they're shocked that they can't.

holy shit, i've been out of the gun loop for the last while. i just saw that people were SERIOUSLY advocating ny/ca/etc morons get cap&ball revolvers, because they're literally the only guns they can legally get right now.

so many anti-gun tards are now trying to buy guns upon realizing that the cops don't give a fuck about them/we can be looking at a country-wide katrina. and then they're shocked that they can't.
It might wake their asses up to the fact that you should already HAVE a gun, and that long wait periods only impair people who are doing it the LEGAL way.
IL residents are annoyed that they can’t buy a gun without a FOID card, and that card itself can take 30 days to get, then they have an additional wait for some guns.

an anti-gun friend of my wife’s is wanting us to take her 18 yr old daughter thru the basics because she wants to get herself a gun. I don’t feel like wasting the ammo, but I’ll do it as a favor. Girl gets to shoot everything minus my M16, M60 and MP5 if she’s ready for that. No way that kid would end up with anything like those. Starting her with a suppressed 22lr handgun and going from there.

Lots of good replies in here yet nobody has mentioned any sort of physical fitness...

...for me, some kettlebell and dumbbell sets, 7 rounds of shadowboxing, and a bunch of calisthenics and crunches. I am stuck at home since gyms are closed so I gotta improvise.

Seriously, how can you be prepared if you aren't ready to run for your life, hike a long distance, or move heavy objects?

Kinda need to do that longer than a few days

Back