What was your prep for today?

MoneyGun

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With all this nonsense going on it wouldn't be prudent to ignore the stores emptying.

I bought a couple 1.75 bottles of my favorite whiskey, couple more of some cheap vodka for bartering in a worst case scenario. Bunch of steaks because I think the power should stay on so my freezer should be good to go. Stopped by the tobacco shop for a couple bags of pipe tobacco. People could smoke it in a pipe or wait for it to dry out and roll their own cigs.

Gassed up my car and suburban so got roughly 50 gallons of fuel on hand. Took a few hundred bucks to the bank and had them change me out with five dollar bills. Don't want to overpay for goods or services(prostitutes) by not having correct change.

I'm good on food, tp, paper towels, soap, etc..so just rounding out my stores.

What did you guys get if anything, or are people just overreacting and hurting everyone by panic buying?
Discuss...

Another bag of dog food. I have things I'm likely to need alread .

prep-968_2_copy.jpg

Family is pretty well stocked right now. Added to the dog food stocks though. Plus took advantage of the Saudi/Russia gas price war.

Bought about $100 worth of groceries which should be enough combined w/what's already here. I'm keeping in mind a 14 day national quarantine. If it's more than that, I'm in a bit of a spot.

We had stuff already, but spent another $275 on groceries and $100 or so on whisky, wine, gin, and scotch. Gotta be stocked up :)
But between food and supplies like soaps, Clorox wipes, etc., we should be good for the next couple weeks. Was weird being in the grocery stores and seeing shelves emptying. Felt like a movie.
AB6886A6-EA12-4209-BAA5-51D4F0A6794F.jpeg 40435323-BF74-4797-AAD4-5272163E274E.jpeg

Last edited:
I hit up a few rural gas stations, and paid extra for the food they had on hand. Some pasta, some sauce, ect. I didn't buy them out, because I am not an asshole but I still got some stuff.

Got some .22, 223, and 12 gauge ammo. Squirrel and rabbit is year round, push comes to shove I'm not above poaching a couple turkeys or a deer to keep people fed but that's a emergency solution.

Bought some new fishing gear, fresh hooks and line to redo my rods. Watermeat aside from walleye sucks, but it's food.

Tore apart my bugout bag, and rebuilt it. Fresh clothes, recounted the cash (which may or may not be worthless), swapped out the old ammo for new along with the medical supplies. Sharpened the buck knife along with the hatchet. Checked the personal tent and emergency blanket for holes.

Snagged some new cartridges for the mask. That's a "oh shit, this is bad" item but it never hurts to be prepared.

Buddy and I scouted out some new spots to lay low and live if need be. Found a couple spots that will be decent year round for wind direction and access to water/food.

Went to may parents last weekend, got the old hunting truck running. Ancient piece of shit that get shit mileage, but you can run it into the ground and it will keep going as long as you have gas.

I've also been buying and replacing a lot of my old lights with new LED equipment. Less battery drain, more lifetime. A large watch battery can power a newer light for 100+ hours, which is nice.

Tried my old bow, turns out my recent injuries prevent me from drawing it back. That sucked hard.

Now I'm trying to figure out why my pig radio isn't working, I think I have a short and it sucks. But I am bound and determined to get it running.

I think I am doing enough if everything goes to hell, but I feel like I missing something.....

Picked up about 3,000lbs of cobble stones for my backyard planter project. Figure I can use them to bludgeon hoarders for their supplies worst case.

I hit up a few rural gas stations, and paid extra for the food they had on hand. Some pasta, some sauce, ect. I didn't buy them out, because I am not an asshole but I still got some stuff.

Got some .22, 223, and 12 gauge ammo. Squirrel and rabbit is year round, push comes to shove I'm not above poaching a couple turkeys or a deer to keep people fed but that's a emergency solution.

Bought some new fishing gear, fresh hooks and line to redo my rods. Watermeat aside from walleye sucks, but it's food.

Tore apart my bugout bag, and rebuilt it. Fresh clothes, recounted the cash (which may or may not be worthless), swapped out the old ammo for new along with the medical supplies. Sharpened the buck knife along with the hatchet. Checked the personal tent and emergency blanket for holes.

Snagged some new cartridges for the mask. That's a "oh shit, this is bad" item but it never hurts to be prepared.

Buddy and I scouted out some new spots to lay low and live if need be. Found a couple spots that will be decent year round for wind direction and access to water/food.

Went to may parents last weekend, got the old hunting truck running. Ancient piece of shit that get shit mileage, but you can run it into the ground and it will keep going as long as you have gas.

I've also been buying and replacing a lot of my old lights with new LED equipment. Less battery drain, more lifetime. A large watch battery can power a newer light for 100+ hours, which is nice.

Tried my old bow, turns out my recent injuries prevent me from drawing it back. That sucked hard.

Now I'm trying to figure out why my pig radio isn't working, I think I have a short and it sucks. But I am bound and determined to get it running.

I think I am doing enough if everything goes to hell, but I feel like I missing something.....
NVG/ Thermal capability is all I could think of but I’m sure you’re covered

NVG/ Thermal capability is all I could think of but I’m sure you’re covered

I've thought about thermal, but living in a flyover portion of a flyover state I don't think it's needed? You can hide for weeks if you are smart and not see a person. Although if I am going after nocturnal game it may be helpful.

My trapping skills also suck, I've never been good at it. I need to work on that.

Practiced drawing from my c&c holster.

Should be practicing shouldering a rifle instead lol.

I wished I would have tilled my garden last weekend instead of working on the garage, it's been raining off and on ever since.

Digging the responses so far though. Bugout bag isn't something you hear on Sherdog very often. Reminder that mine needs a refresh for the warmer season coming. Stay safe Sherbros.

Picked up about 3,000lbs of cobble stones for my backyard planter project. Figure I can use them to bludgeon hoarders for their supplies worst case.
Build a trebuchet.

I woke up and wasn’t a scared little bitch
Profit

Back