What was your prep for today?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by MoneyGun, Mar 17, 2020.

1. DragRacer

DragRacer Red Belt

No I just traded it for some black market hand sanitizer.

2. Cherry Brigand

Cherry Brigand Robbing hobos for their hobo treats

Where is there martial law?

3. D 1 Wrestler

D 1 Wrestler Look up to me

Italy. And it will come to US soon as long as people keep ignoring shelter in place

4. KOFalconPunch

KOFalconPunch OMG Russia hacked our brains, too! Derp. Double Yellow Card

Evidence of “martial law” is witnessing military on local streets, right?

One can argue the rules in place already signifies “martial law” in effect.

5. Cuauhtemoc

Cuauhtemoc Silver Belt

The biggest problem is panic buying. I don't see why food trade would be stopped. The lethality of the virus isn't that great to stop truckers. Fruit isn't necessary for survival though, you can get by with synthetic vitamins.
    I have a decent stock of non perishable food to last me for 6 months or so. Canned food, grains, flour, dried meat and vitamins. I have some fruit but it just can't last that long.

I might be wrong but canned food is low on vitamins due to the preservation process.

6. Farmer Br0wn

Farmer Br0wn Farmer Br0wn belt

This is the example of a slam fire shotgun that can be constructed out of simple materials in about an hour or 2.

It's single shot, and its methods are crude, but it's certainly better than a sharp stick and stern words.

Be safe, travel well.

(P.S. Check your local laws, your mileage may vary)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    Wrath of Foamy likes this.
  7. Farmer Br0wn

{<redford}

uppercutbus and irish_thug like this.
  8. IndyCovaHart

IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

I went to Otto’s General Store down the road a ways and cleaned him out of tin foil; then I ripped as many Alex Jones podcasts as I could onto MP3 in case streaming goes down.

uppercutbus and A.C. like this.
  9. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

Alex Jones?

Why?

He is a worthless piece of subhuman TRASH.

Take his newest fiasco for example:

https://qz.com/1818606/alex-jones-ordered-to-stop-selling-fake-coronavirus-cures/

New York State attorney general Letitia James has ordered right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to stop making misleading claims about supposed coronavirus cures sold on his website, InfoWars.

The attorney general’s office “is extremely concerned” about Jones hawking these products on his online show, it said in a cease-and-desist letter dated March 12. The products include a “nano-silver” toothpaste, which Jones said “kills the whole SARS-corona family at point-blank range.” There is no medical evidence behind these claims. In fact, the Federal Drug Administration and National Institutes of Health say colloidal silver is not safe to use and can even cause argyria, a bluish-gray skin discoloration that’s typically permanent.

“As the coronavirus continues to pose serious risks to public health, Alex Jones has spewed outright lies and has profited off of New Yorkers’ anxieties,” said Attorney General James in a statement. Such misrepresentations are illegal, according to New York law.

Jones opened his March 7 show by saying that the coronavirus is “synthetic and man-made” and “clearly a globalist ChiCom [Chinese Communist] plot.” In the past, he has also claimed that the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting that left 26 dead was a staged hoax.

InfoWars was not immediately available for comment. A product on the InfoWars page that contains SilverSol, one of the fake coronavirus cures, has a disclaimer on the purchase page, but it’s not clear when the note was added: “The products on this page are NOT treatments for any disease. They are not for use in the cure, treatment, prevention, or mitigation of any disease.” But one of the colloidal silver products is still advertised on the InfoWars website with a massive banner.

InfoWars has long sold alternative medicine products, claiming miraculous health benefits. And many others are trying to cash in on the public health crisis by selling colloidal silver products and other fake cures. The state of Missouri sued televangelist Jim Bakker for peddling SilverSol products as a coronavirus medication, and the FDA sent warning letters last week to seven companies that were making similar claims.

Misleading and false statements about the coronavirus have flooded social media in recent weeks, making it all the more crucial to only trust credible sources like the World Health Organization and country-specific public health departments like the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

10. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

Over 90% of vitamins out there are worthless, and or harmful.

So, unless you have high quality vitamins...you should absolutely NOT consume them.

Tropodan likes this.
  11. Davem10

Davem10 Brown Belt

Proof of said claim?

12. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

I've known people who worked for LEGIT health store chains such as Super Supplements.

Super Supplements carries MANY good brands, and refuses to carry shit products, whereas most health food stores are NOT vetted.

Most popular brand like Centrum for example are...BAD. Very bad.

If a vitamin is produced with low quality materials and low quality manufacturing and low quality binders and fillers......then it's trash.

And yes, this SHOULD be common knowledge, but it's not.

TRASH vitamin companies make BILLIONS a year............................

There are some facets of insight here:

https://wearefeel.com/blogs/learn/danger-of-cheap-multivitamins

13. MMAGA

MMAGA Belt of Truth

You sound single.

14. Farmer Br0wn

So you're saying fresh fruit and Sunshine are better than 90% of gimmick vitamins?

I'm shocked, shocked I say.

Support your local produce farmers, especially in times like this.

uppercutbus and A.C. like this.
  15. HomeCheese

HomeCheese Brown Belt

Yesterday I made Turkey stock and a couple of loaves of bread. Today I chow down and work in the yard. Perhaps a run as well.

16. MoneyGun

MoneyGun Purple Belt Platinum Member

Finally able to find some eggs this morning. I usually buy the 5 dozen box and it’ll last about two weeks but I just happened to be low when the hysteria started.

Since the store was limiting one per person I sent a couple employees to the store for two more 18 packs.

Pretty much stocked up on everything. Went through the big gun safe and found a pistol and sks id forgotten I owned lol.

17. Mani

Mani Blue Belt

Thank fuck you managed to get more

18. MoneyGun

MoneyGun Purple Belt Platinum Member

I know right? In all honesty though, that’s about what I eat every two weeks so it’s not like I’m hoarding them. Just eat a lot of eggs.

19. Mani

Mani Blue Belt

Fuck everyone else! Hope you manage to get more after these run out.

20. irish_thug

irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

I have added levels to my brewing skills in the last few weeks. I even made wine that I liked, and I hate wine. Always been a fan of the shine though.

uppercutbus likes this.