What is Sean Strickland's hardest matchup at MW?

Cannonier again probably, couldn't beat him not long ago

The MW division looks really interesting with the new blood in the picture.

Sean's matchups:
DDP
Izzy rematch
Khamzat (if he wins over Costa)

Part of me says Khamzat is the most difficult one. Strickland has had almost impenetrable TDD at MW but he's never fought any truly elite grapplers. Khamzat is definitely that guy.

As far as the Izzy rematch and DDP match goes I'm not too sure which one is harder than the other. DDP also has a very awkward striking style that looked very effective against Rob and DDP also has surprisingly dangerous grappling, he looked very physically strong against Whittaker.
Mental stability

Whittaker, DDP and Khamzat are all really tough matchups for him but I'll go with Whittaker.

Du Plessis and Whittaker, then Cannonier. The latter seemed to have his number, and started to overcome him in the striking exchanges in championship rounds. The former will cause problems for their “unorthodox” standup and unrelenting pressure.

DDP, then Khamzat, then Whittaker

I think DDP is big, strong, good grappling, and retarded enough to throw caution to the wind and go for it
Khamzat has very good wrestling and pretty good power, questionable cardio
Whittaker has the dart in and out style and gentleman’s agreement to reset mindset that I think Strickland will take advantage of, plus his chin has gotten worse especially after the DDP fight. Bit of a point fighter at this point in his career
put some respect on ddp's name ya dork

He can catch DDP and Knuckles coming in. Hazmat probably drowns him.

Back