What is Sean Strickland's hardest matchup at MW?

Portland8242

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
The MW division looks really interesting with the new blood in the picture.

Sean's matchups:
DDP
Izzy rematch
Khamzat (if he wins over Costa)

Part of me says Khamzat is the most difficult one. Strickland has had almost impenetrable TDD at MW but he's never fought any truly elite grapplers. Khamzat is definitely that guy.

As far as the Izzy rematch and DDP match goes I'm not too sure which one is harder than the other. DDP also has a very awkward striking style that looked very effective against Rob and DDP also has surprisingly dangerous grappling, he looked very physically strong against Whittaker.

I think Whitakers karate style with wrestling in the back pocket would give Sean fits. I don’t think just pressure jabs and an occasional 2 will freeze rob the way it did Izzy. Sean also doesn’t have the power that DDP had

Khamzat. Sean knows he's getting taken down and violated in that one.

Khamzat. He already smokes Sean in sparring, Sean even says as much.

Bobby Knucks and maybe Hazmat but not convinced of him at MW yet.

DDP probably. Guy is massive, solid everywhere, strong as an ox and durable. I thought Whitaker was going to rinse him but he's way better than I thought. Guy is a problem.

I don't see him beating DDP or Whittaker
I didn't see him beat Izzy. It's very hard to gauge the chances of a fighter like Strickland, because he makes the opponents look like they have an off day.

DDP probably. Guy is massive, solid everywhere, strong as an ox and durable. I thought Whitaker was going to rinse him but he's way better than I thought. Guy is a problem.

Im no Whittaker stan but I think he could take DDP in a rematch. It looked to me like he greatly underestimated him but with a more measured approach he could get a decision

Im no Whittaker stan but I think he could take DDP in a rematch. It looked to me like he greatly underestimated him but with a more measured approach he could get a decision
DDP literally beat him in every aspect of fighting. Out struck him, landed more power punches, defended takedowns, took Whittaker down, GnP, Then finished him in the 2nd. Total domination

DDP, then Khamzat, then Whittaker

I think DDP is big, strong, good grappling, and retarded enough to throw caution to the wind and go for it
Khamzat has very good wrestling and pretty good power, questionable cardio
Whittaker has the dart in and out style and gentleman’s agreement to reset mindset that I think Strickland will take advantage of, plus his chin has gotten worse especially after the DDP fight. Bit of a point fighter at this point in his career

Back