Why Jared Cannonier is in the worst possible position to be in right now

How tf is Jared anything like Brian? He's not a rank squatter. Secondly, just because he lost to Whittaker and Izzy in the past doesn't mean he isn't more deserving than Rob to get the fight vs Khamzat. Rob has already fought Izzy twice and lost yet he gets to have the chance to earn another chance at a TS despite just getting finished by the current champ a fight ago? just LOL

The UFC matchmakers obviously have no interest in it. He's just a highly ranked guy with very little chance of ever winning a title.

Leap frogging Rob over him and having Rob Vs Khamzat as a #1 title contender fight. you can't convince me that this isn't because they are scared Jared is going to derail Khamzat. Rob just got finished by DDP a fight ago and more recently had a pretty competitive fight with Costa for a decision win in which he almost got finished again. Mean while Jared just ran through Vettori and before that beat Strickland who just lost the belt. It's clear that Rob is the much more winnable fight for Khamzat than Jared is at this stage since Rob no longer has any finishing power and is visibly on the decline.

Rob is ranked higher than Cannonier so I don't know how you can argue he is leap frogging. And when did Rob ever have any finishing power? He just beat Costa, who they were trying to make a Khamzat fight with. This is infinitely better. Whittaker is arguably Khamzat's toughest matchup in the division. It's a great fight and a real test. Bizarre post.

When did Rob ever have any finishing power? He just beat Costa, who they were trying to make a Khamzat fight with. This is infinitely better. Whittaker is arguably Khamzat's toughest matchup in the division. It's a great fight and a real test. Bizarre post.
I concur. I was expecting to read what a tough spot Jared is in being 40. Oh he's still very dangerous but on the way out. It potentially derails the career of whoever loses to him while he is almost done himself.

I concur. I was expecting to read what a tough spot Jared is in being 40. Oh he's still very dangerous but on the way out. It potentially derails the career of whoever loses to him while he is almost done himself.
It does suck for Cannonier that he's probably getting passed over for a title shot, but they are doing Khamzat no favors. If they wanted to give him the easiest route to a title shot they would have made the Paulo Costa fight. Rob is no pushover.

What I wrote is a paragraph. What are you even on about?

Rob is 1-1 in his last 2, getting finished in one of them and nearly finished in the other by a guy that hasn't had a good win in years and lost to the guy that Jared ran through in his last outing. Yet Rob somehow deserves the title eliminator over Jared because he beat him 4 years ago. Dude your own logic isn't even consistent. Rob beating DDP was supposed to be what earned him a #1 contender spot. He lost to DDP so he shouldn't be getting gifted top contenders either then, ESPECIALLY off of just beating Paulo Costa. It's clear you have bias toward Jared and I don't know why you don't just admit it instead of trying to create mental gymnastics to justify why him getting screwed is okay.
He didn't almost get finished by Costa. He got wobbled, got his feet back under him, and was immediately throwing again.

Didn’t think about cannonier’s situation like that. It is kinda whack now that you mention it ts.

Leap frogging Rob over him and having Rob Vs Khamzat as a #1 title contender fight. you can't convince me that this isn't because they are scared Jared is going to derail Khamzat. Rob just got finished by DDP a fight ago and more recently had a pretty competitive fight with Costa for a decision win in which he almost got finished again. Mean while Jared just ran through Vettori and before that beat Strickland who just lost the belt. It's clear that Rob is the much more winnable fight for Khamzat than Jared is at this stage since Rob no longer has any finishing power and is visibly on the decline. Then when it comes to DDP. Jared most definitely has the power and strength to be a serious problem for DDP. Especially since DDP is very hittable and I'd argue Jared has better striking than him. Not only that but his TDD is quite solid and I doubt DDP takes him down easily if at all. The UFC knows putting Jared ahead of Izzy is too much of a risk and would likely fuck their plans of Izzy vs DDP. They also know that putting Jared ahead of Rob for a title eliminator against Khamzat is also very risky as it could possibly ruin their plans of Izzy vs Khamzat. I can't believe my boy is getting fucked due to stupid politics man..

<2>

You need to calm down with these conspiracy theories. Jared not getting the fight has nothing to do with them being worried about him derailing Khamzat or dethroning DDP. But guess what? It has everything to do with Jared being boring. Whittaker vs Khamzat is a much more exciting fight than Jared vs Khamzat.

Adesanya became a safe, boring, point fighter for most of his title run but when Jared got the opportunity he also did fuck all and didn't try to change his life by becoming champion.

Leap frogging Rob over him and having Rob Vs Khamzat as a #1 title contender fight. you can't convince me that this isn't because they are scared Jared is going to derail Khamzat. Rob just got finished by DDP a fight ago and more recently had a pretty competitive fight with Costa for a decision win in which he almost got finished again. Mean while Jared just ran through Vettori and before that beat Strickland who just lost the belt. It's clear that Rob is the much more winnable fight for Khamzat than Jared is at this stage since Rob no longer has any finishing power and is visibly on the decline. Then when it comes to DDP. Jared most definitely has the power and strength to be a serious problem for DDP. Especially since DDP is very hittable and I'd argue Jared has better striking than him. Not only that but his TDD is quite solid and I doubt DDP takes him down easily if at all. The UFC knows putting Jared ahead of Izzy is too much of a risk and would likely fuck their plans of Izzy vs DDP. They also know that putting Jared ahead of Rob for a title eliminator against Khamzat is also very risky as it could possibly ruin their plans of Izzy vs Khamzat. I can't believe my boy is getting fucked due to stupid politics man..

<2>

Saudi and UAE are the only places chimaev can fight, considering his terrorist ties and visa problems. So maybe a lot of top MW's didn't want to go to Saudi and fight chimaev, including cannonier. Or maybe the UFC wouldn't guarantee Cannonier a title shot if he beat chimaev, like he says HERE

He is old and not entertaining
Lets him fight Bo Nickal after Brundage

He should be demanding Strickland rematch. Fighting backwards makes no sense given he's coming off of wins over #1 & #6.

Cannonier is 40, as if he isn't on the decline.
Rob brings more money and has a longer future.
all the more reason that jared should get pushed up there. he beat the former champ for petesake. he should get a title shot eliminator match at the very minimum. mma should not be dictated on how much money can be made for dana to splurge as much as possible on gambling

Rob is ranked higher than Cannonier so I don't know how you can argue he is leap frogging. And when did Rob ever have any finishing power? He just beat Costa, who they were trying to make a Khamzat fight with. This is infinitely better. Whittaker is arguably Khamzat's toughest matchup in the division. It's a great fight and a real test. Bizarre post.
It does suck for Cannonier that he's probably getting passed over for a title shot, but they are doing Khamzat no favors. If they wanted to give him the easiest route to a title shot they would have made the Paulo Costa fight. Rob is no pushover.
I never said anything about Khamzat vs Rob not being a good fight. I can argue that it's leap frogging because it is. Beating Costa should not give Rob a title eliminator. Costa's not even a good win anymore, you can argue Vettori isn't exactly a good win to put Jared into one either but at least Vettori has beaten ranked opponents since losing to Izzy. Costa hasn't beaten a ranked guy in 5 fucking years and his only win since then has been shop worn Luke Rockhold. Yet that is enough for Rob to get a title eliminator. I don't know how you can't see that this whole ordeal is BS.

But they did try to make the Costa fight and it fell through. If you really think Rob is a tougher match up than Jared, why would they not give Khamzat Jared instead? that would still be a legit top 5 win and a more reliable W. Rob is no push over and it will be a very good test for Khamzat, I am not denying that but lets be completely honest here. Rob has clearly lost a step and his chin is starting to go. Rob at this stage is very likely the more reliable win for Khamzat which is why they're going with Rob (if it isn't because Jared is still not healed). Khamzat is bigger, stronger and doesn't have to worry about being hittable as Rob can't hit hard enough to sleep him. It's a much safer fight for him. Where as Jared is strong, powerful and has the ability to blow Khamzats chin away.

He didn't almost get finished by Costa. He got wobbled, got his feet back under him, and was immediately throwing again.
Getting rocked by Costa like that is still not a good look when you're a top 3 guy.
You need to calm down with these conspiracy theories. Jared not getting the fight has nothing to do with them being worried about him derailing Khamzat or dethroning DDP. But guess what? It has everything to do with Jared being boring. Whittaker vs Khamzat is a much more exciting fight than Jared vs Khamzat.

Adesanya became a safe, boring, point fighter for most of his title run but when Jared got the opportunity he also did fuck all and didn't try to change his life by becoming champion.
Most people have their share of bad performances. Why shouldn't they be allowed to be given a second chance if they show they deserve it? Izzy looked like absolute shit when he lost his belt yet it's completely fine for him to be deserving of a TS despite doing nothing to prove it.

He should be demanding Strickland rematch. Fighting backwards makes no sense given he's coming off of wins over #1 & #6.
They won't make this rematch most likely and they probably aren't going to fight down (rightfully so) so they are going to get shelved which is bullshit.

Cannonier used his gifted title fight to throw 0 significant strikes he doesn't need to be in the title picture for awhile.

I never said anything about Khamzat vs Rob not being a good fight. I can argue that it's leap frogging because it is. Beating Costa should not give Rob a title eliminator. Costa's not even a good win anymore, you can argue Vettori isn't exactly a good win to put Jared into one either but at least Vettori has beaten ranked opponents since losing to Izzy. Costa hasn't beaten a ranked guy in 5 fucking years and his only win since then has been shop worn Luke Rockhold. Yet that is enough for Rob to get a title eliminator. I don't know how you can't see that this whole ordeal is BS.

But they did try to make the Costa fight and it fell through. If you really think Rob is a tougher match up than Jared, why would they not give Khamzat Jared instead? that would still be a legit top 5 win and a more reliable W. Rob is no push over and it will be a very good test for Khamzat, I am not denying that but lets be completely honest here. Rob has clearly lost a step and his chin is starting to go. Rob at this stage is very likely the more reliable win for Khamzat which is why they're going with Rob (if it isn't because Jared is still not healed). Khamzat is bigger, stronger and doesn't have to worry about being hittable as Rob can't hit hard enough to sleep him. It's a much safer fight for him. Where as Jared is strong, powerful and has the ability to blow Khamzats chin away.

Getting rocked by Costa like that is still not a good look when you're a top 3 guy.

Most people have their share of bad performances. Why shouldn't they be allowed to be given a second chance if they show they deserve it? Izzy looked like absolute shit when he lost his belt yet it's completely fine for him to be deserving of a TS despite doing nothing to prove it.

They won't make this rematch most likely and they probably aren't going to fight down (rightfully so) so they are going to get shelved which is bullshit.
Eh. I get that, but Costa looked better than we've ever seen him in there. A sneaky wheel kick from close range is the exact kind of shot that we can forgive. It's not like Bobby got wobbled by a glancing jab again. He ate a nasty shot, reset, and showed he still has it.

Who cares. Go back to LHW then. He already lost to Izzy and Whitgatekeeper. He's basically the MW version of Gilbert Burns or Brian Ortega now.
Can't be, he has a win over the previous champ.
In theory he's in a better spot than everybody else and should be in a title contender eliminator instead of this wait and see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back