Rumored Paulo Costa vs Jared Cannonier about to go down in June

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Last night, Paulo Costa declared on social media that his next fight will be in June. And according to Bendaman he later pinned a comment mentioning Jared:

This makes sense as two months ago Jared talked about a potential fight with Chimaev, and how a return in June would be the perfect timing for him.
Most likely the UFC will save Chim for a bigger name, while Paulo and Jared both have faced Izzy, Whittaker and Vettori but never eachother.

Also, @BoxerMaurits said earlier this week that he heard this match-up was in the works. So I think it's safe to say that it's about to get official!

Your thoughts on the fight?

Cannon by humping finish <NewGina>

I think costa has found a bit of a second wind in his career. He was in there with rob who dominated jared, and Jared getting hurt by marvellous marvin is not a good look at all, while costa has a great chin and is like 215 pounds, absolutely massive. Plus jared returning from injury and being almost 40. I think costa can overwhelm him with mosquito punches

I mean, the chances of it going down is low, but I'm happy if it happens

As much as people like to make fun of Costa here, his bouts are always entertaining. If this is true, it will be a fun fight. Rooting for Cannonier.

Cannonier getting fucked. He's coming off of Wins over Strickland and Vettori, he should be fighting a top guy(DDP, Sean Rob) or at least a perceived one(Chimaev).

If he wins it still won't be enough for a title shot.
His last title shot was a disaster of a fight. He needs to win us back.

I think putting him vs Rob would be dirty. Strickland is the best option since it seems UFC wants to give Izzy the most undeserved title fight in history.

Paulo needs to fight down, not up. I'm going to be vexed if this fight actually does happen. Jared should not be getting Costa at all. Should be Khamzat or DDP.

Cannonier needs to throw more often. Maybe Costa can bring it out of him.
All he did was throw in his fight with Vettori. Did you miss that fight?

His last title shot was a disaster of a fight. He needs to win us back.

I think putting him vs Rob would be dirty. Strickland is the best option since it seems UFC wants to give Izzy the most undeserved title fight in history.
By this logic Izzy shouldn't be fighting for a title either then and should have to win us back too. His performance against Strickland was way more ass than Jared's against him.

Makes no sens but being a funny troll on twitter seems good for your career

Paulo needs to fight down, not up. I'm going to be vexed if this fight actually does happen. Jared should not be getting Costa at all. Should be Khamzat or DDP.

All he did was throw in his fight with Vettori. Did you miss that fight?

By this logic Izzy shouldn't be fighting for a title either then and should have to win us back too. His performance against Strickland was way more ass than Jared's against him.

forgot about that

Vettori was a punching bag in that

but there has been key fights in Jared's career where he just moves around not doing enough almost like he's gun shy. Been pretty frustrating at times.

Back