• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Were you impressed with Jack Della Maddalena's performance?

Impressive performance by JDM?

• Yes

Votes: 89 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 125 58.4%

• Total voters
Yes. Made Holland look really bad on the feet. Holland was looking fire against WB in the first round before breaking his hand.

If his grappling is up to his strking level, he's future top 5 guy imo.

I wanna see Brady vs JDM. If he dominates Brady, I say he can beat anybody at WW, though could also lose.

Holland is a tricky guy to face if you aren’t a grappler. To me this was a survive-and-advance situation for JDM. And he survived/advanced.

That being said, I think don’t see a convincing path to victory for him against the elite guys. Someone like Neal or Luque would be the most fun right now. Someone like Brady might be better for finding out where he’s at.

Holland was looking fire against WB in the first round before breaking his hand.
Yeah he was indeed, and outside of Wonderboy almost everybody else has basically grappled fucked him, JDM handled him standing with ease and his boxing was looking very crisp along with his top tier defense.

I thought he looked good.

(edit - I also thought it was funny (as per press conference) that during the fight Holland was talking to JDM but not smack talk, Jack said he was being a nice guy and saying they should train together, JDM was confused and was like dude we are fighting right now LOL)

Last edited:
Definitely thought there would be more blood flowing on either side. He didn’t get too much off but also didn’t get hurt and Holland looked especially aloof. A win is a win though. Good for him.

He didn't look great for the entirety of the fight, but he landed the much more powerful strikes with clean engagement against a guy that is difficult to land on. Great performance, no. But impressive enough given the competition to again showcase his abilities and get the decision.

No.

Its never a good sign when a fighter consistently finishing opponents at the bottom of the division becomes consistently unable to finish opponents at the higher end of the division. Its usually a sign there is a hard ceiling on how far their current skillset will take them.

Look at Shavkat in contrast. He finished his opponents when he fought at the bottom of the division and continued to finish his opponents once he reached the top. The last opponent Jack knocked out was Danny Roberts, three fights ago, who proceeded to be knocked out in his next fight by a blown up featherweight.

He is a fun action fighter like Holland but nothing more.

Yeah he was indeed, and outside of Wonderboy almost everybody else has basically grappled fucked him, JDM handled him standing with ease and his boxing was looking very crisp along with his top tier defense.

I thought he looked good.

(edit - I also thought it was funny (as per press conference) that during the fight Holland was talking to JDM but not smack talk, Jack said he was being a nice guy and saying they should train together, JDM was confused and was like dude we are fighting right now LOL)

4th dimensional shit talk during fight lmao.

I was looking forward to this one and I have to say it was a let down but I was hoping to see some matrix level shit so maybe my expectations were unrealistically high. I know they’re both really talented but this is not the fight I would show a noob if I wanted to showcase either guy.

Back