Werdum had a point when he said Cain isn't really Mexican.

Where one currently lives has nothing to do with their biological roots. Cain is Mexican .(hes a mestizo, mixture of Native Mexican and European).

Where one currently lives has nothing to do with their biological roots. Cain is Mexican .(hes a mestizo, mixture of Native Mexican and European).

Really? i personally feel you have to live at least a few years to consider yourself mexican/irish/whatever the fuck

dont mind it though but i consider cain to be a 100% american with mexican parents

Really? i personally feel you have to live at least a few years to consider yourself mexican/irish/whatever the fuck

dont mind it though but i consider cain to be a 100% american with mexican parents

I live in America and was born here , but i dont consider myself American perse because im neither a Native American or an Anglo Saxon. The term 'American' does not really denote a race or ethnicity . but the terms 'Mexican' or say 'Japanese' kinda do.

Mexico is actually a melting pot too. The various Native groups their like the "Maya" and "Aztec" were physically distinct. Fullblooded Mayas still exists today in the millions. Aztec people are much rarer. There's several other distinct Native Central America groups. Most Mexicans are a mix between some Native Mexican and Spaniard/European.

Last edited:
If my grandpa went to live in, let's say Germany, and my father was born there and i was born there, i would still be Croatian. Croatian that is living in Germany and has Germany's citizenship.

This issue about Cain is possible only with invented nations, like Muricans.

I live in America and was born here , but i dont consider myself American perse because im neither a Native American or an Anglo Saxon. The term 'American' does not really denote a race or ethnicity . but the terms 'Mexican' or say 'Japanese' kinda do.

Mexico is actually a melting pot too. The various Native groups their like the "Maya" and "Aztec" were physically distinct. Fullblooded Mayas still exists today in the millions. Aztec people are much rarer. most Mexicans are a mix between some Native Mexican and Spaniard/European.

yeah i understand but i feel the ufc or him use the work mexican as "one of the people" not just ethnicity, am i making sense here ???

i know mayas/aztecas people still exists here but in my 30 years of life i have met zero people here in mexico that talk about heritage like americans do, every time i explain cains life to other people watching the fights with me they all react the same way, "so he is not mexican"

well considering all these brazilian fighters live in the us or somewhere else thats pretty hypocritical.

wait is that true? even though im mexican i never looked into this but i thought it was like this:

Before you can apply for Mexican citizenship you need to be able to prove that you have legally resided in Mexico for one, two or five years (depending on your situation) prior to application.

i dont think you have citizenship just cause your parents were born here

EDIT:
it doesnt say that but hey you could be right

Lastly, keep in mind that the process, documentation and requirements will be defined by different factors: your links to the country, marriage, son of a Mexican citizen born abroad, whether you have given birth to a child on Mexican soil, if you are of Latin American descent, or how long you have resided in the country.

ill have to ask someone who knows this shit later

https://www.dualcitizenship.com/countries/mexico.html

Individuals born abroad if one of both of their parents was a Mexican national born in Mexican territory;

cain is american. his parents are mexican. it's fine to have affinities for certain cultures, but it's pretty dumb when you actually claim you're from a country you weren't born in and never lived in.
Never seen Cain claim he was from Mexico.

If my grandpa went to live in, let's say Germany, and my father was born there and i was born there, i would still be Croatian. Croatian that is living in Germany and has Germany's citizenship.

This issue about Cain is possible only with invented nations, like Muricans.

What do you mean by "invented nations"?

yeah i understand but i feel the ufc or him use the work mexican as "one of the people" not just ethnicity, am i making sense here ???

i know mayas/aztecas people still exists here but in my 30 years of life i have met zero people here in mexico that talk about heritage like americans do, every time i explain cains life to other people watching the fights with me they all react the same way, "so he is not mexican"

Interesting . The Mexican government has actually suppressed alot of the cohesion of the Native Mexican groups throughout the countries history. This was due to create a population easier control and maintain peace out of. (didnt really work out). Aztecs have bascially gone extinct, but Maya population has remained intact. Aztecs actually behaved and even walked differently. Their skull shape was quite disinct. They were difficult to control. So the government tried to eradicate their self identity so they couldnt band up. I know this because my stepmom is from Honduras and the same type of thing went on there mostly during the 20th century

Last edited:
Obviously an American due to his place of birth, education, job, etc. But his ancestors were probably Spanish and Central American going way back.

You can't wash away his ethnic background just because his mother ejected him when she was on American soil.

Some of you are being ridiculous

Most white people in America have been here long enough that their like French/Italian/German/English/Welsh all mixed in one. Unless you're one of those ethnics who didn't have their last name changed like Jennifer Aniston and your name is Zack Galanfinakis, and you know what European nation you come from.

However, for people like Mexicans, their parents are FROM Mexico so they identify with that.

However, it's funny when he holds the Mexican flag to walk out. His American. He can't wrestle for Mexico. This land gave him everything. His American.
yeah his land also gave his experiences with racism. Guarantee thats why he feels the way he does. Getting called a " dirty mexican" by white people enough times will make you feel like you are not a true american. Hearing about segregation, hate crimes, murders and other oppression by a government controlled by white people against people of his background will also not help with feelings of patriotism. Growing up in the 90s and graduating highschool in 06 I can say that racism was alive and well back then amongst america's youth. Lets be honest and say it like it is. Being of mexican blood in america is racialized and convoluted with being a mexican national. If you are of mexican blood you are considered not an american by alot of people, even if you are.People call you mexican to signify your race and also to brand you a foreigner.

Last edited:
You can be New York Irish, New Jersey Italian, California Mexican etc. they are cultures of their own. They are not the same cultures as Ireland, Italy, Mexico, but they have just as much pride in their culture.

cain is american. his parents are mexican. it's fine to have affinities for certain cultures, but it's pretty dumb when you actually claim you're from a country you weren't born in and never lived in.
I think if you consider America's history of imperialism and racism, it explains alot about why people feel that way. Being mexican american, white people and black people will call you a Mexican to signify your race/blood and also to imply that you are not american or less american then they are. For example, I was called mexican by alot of people and responded with "I was born here, I'm american." They would reply " no you arent because your race is mexican so you arent american" This was in the mid 2000's not the 1970s."

Cain is Russian, but he is Muslim so he is possibly not Russian.

I think if you consider America's history of imperialism and racism, it explains alot.

i mean yeah, america does have a dark past. but america has come a long way, and things are improving for people who at one time would have been discriminated. i'm the same as cain. was born and raised in the u.s., have parents from mexico. but in no way do i consider myself a mexican. and honestly, i have never felt discriminated in my entire life. this is a very welcoming country, so long as you place your allegiance to this country, learn the language, and are a productive member of society. it's annoying when people begin making excuses for their current dilemmas with things that occurred in the past. the victim-mentality that is prevalent with so many folks today does no one any good.

Back