Werdum had a point when he said Cain isn't really Mexican.

I know some Mexicans whose family was in California before the 13 colonies. Does that make them Mexican or America? There is no problem with people IDing with their heritage. And the world doesnt have a problem with it. Its when Americans like Johnny Depp try and say their Native American when they have less the a 16th, thats when people make fun of them.

cain is american. his parents are mexican. it's fine to have affinities for certain cultures, but it's pretty dumb when you actually claim you're from a country you weren't born in and never lived in.
Disagree, he was raised by two first generation mexican immigrants, who presumably raised him in a Mexican household with Mexican customs.

This is a dumb thread, hint some rascim yes he has a brown pride tat.

Who gives a shit I understand the double standard. But if that keeps you from enjoying him as a fighter and his ruthless style, your a good.

Disagree, he was raised by two first generation mexican immigrants, who presumably raised him in a Mexican household with Mexican customs.

This is a dumb thread, hint some rascim yes he has a brown pride tat.

Who gives a shit I understand the double standard. But if that keeps you from enjoying him as a fighter and his ruthless style, your a good.

i'm a huge fan of cain as a fighter.

It's one thing to be proud of your heritage as an American, but to rep another flag is some real Benedict Arnold crap.

It's a common for us Americans to claim nationalities of parts of the world even though we're not physically from there. And it pretty much pisses everybody else in the world off. Many of us are guilty of this. Is Cain just butt hurt about somebody actually finally breaking this to him?

I was like this as well, full of Irish pride, until I actually went to Ireland and they quickly broke it to me,"you're not Irish".
My parents were born in Italy and I was born in Canada. If someone asks I say I'm Italian ... I do speak it also ....
I think Cain is Mexican

i think you're in the minority. lots of mexicans see, "mexican-americans" as traitors. many mexicans still have anger about the mexican-american war. i know that i sure as hell was never perceived as a mexican when i was there. and again, it goes back to how you speak and how you conduct yourself as a person. i look like many mexicans, but once i speak, they instantly see me as not one of them. as they should, because i'm not one of them.

I guess it depends where in Mexico you are. In the circles I run (the MMA gym i train at, my school, work, etc.) no one will debate that he was born in the US, and a large part of him is American, but no one would deny he has Mexican roots. I actually just asked my co-worker next to me and he agreed, Cain's Mexican background is undeniable.

There is also a contrast between different groups of Mexicans within Mexico. Ranch people often see city people as less Mexican because in large part those from cities are more affected by globalization. You also have more indigenous people seeing themselves as more Mexican than those with more European blood. It's arguable that there are varying degrees of "Mexican-ness" to Mexicans, but to just discount Cain's roots when both his parents are Mexican, he has often visited Mexico throughout his life, and he acknowledges his Mexican heritage is plain stupid.

Also, to those that think speaking Spanish well is somehow indicative of whether someone can claim to be Mexican: Spanish is a European language, as is English, and doesn't have significance to being a "true" Mexican.

Cains Mexican. His ethnicity is Mexican. His nationality is American

Wrong. It's both a Nationality and an Ethnicity.

Definition of Ethnicity per Dictionary.com:
an ethnic group; a social group that shares a common and distinctive culture, religion, language, or the like.

Since you seem to base what you know on dictionary.com, would you also call being "American" an ethnic group?, do you know how many different ethnicities are there within Mexico?, how many lenguages?, religions?, etc. You probably think Burritos are mexican ancestral food, don't you?

Since you seem to base what you know on dictionary.com, would you also call being "American" an ethnic group?, do you know how many different ethnicities are there within Mexico?, how many lenguages?, religions?, etc. You probably think Burritos are mexican ancestral food, don't you?
Shut the fuck up

looking a certain way does not necessarily mean that you have some kind of eternal bondage with the land where folks look that way. many black americans have zero connection to the african continent. i bet they feel more american than they do african. where you grow up is a lot more important, in my opinion. the problem that i see, is that people love to place labels and pigeonhole others in categories, so it's easier for them to make a judgement about you.

I like you pillars, but you're projecting. I never said anything about how he looks.

His parents are Mexicans are believe? Their ancestors were Central American.

He has Mexican genetics. Has nothing to do with looks.

the only ones that seem to have a problem with this are the ones who are not from Mexico

cain is american. his parents are mexican. it's fine to have affinities for certain cultures, but it's pretty dumb when you actually claim you're from a country you weren't born in and never lived in.
So a anchor baby.

Cain gets his strap back though.

I like you pillars, but you're projecting. I never said anything about how he looks.

His parents are Mexicans are believe? Their ancestors were Central American.

He has Mexican genetics. Has nothing to do with looks.
actually mexico is part of north america I believe, bro. Unless I'm mistaken.

Where do you have citizenship?
I have dual citizenship from USA and Mexico but I don't know if I can get the England one too.
I need to start doing some research on it I think it would be awesome to have 3 citizenships
I don't know if it is legal?

His folks hopped over the border and lived here illegally. Close enough.

Cain is Mexican as Taco Bell.

If Cain was as Mexican as he says he was then why couldn't stay in his hometown when he fought Werdum for the first time?

Just another AmeriCain.

Back