Weird food combinations

Prefect

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
What are some of you guy's and gal's and tranny's favorite weird food combinations?

Here is one of my favorite at the moment. Putting MSG into coffee. Sounds like it would be stupid but it is way better than putting a touch of salt into your coffee. MSG makes so many things better. It adds a savory note to your coffee that isn't overpowering and blends well with coffee. MSG is like the crack cocaine of food seasoning. Umami flavoring works with so many things.

pickles and hot sauce

a tortilla some cheese and pickles do used in hot sauce

many people have told me I am a freak for that
but I was a freak before that combo so I just keep it pushin

I do like to plop down and relax in my floor while I enjoy a can of hormel chili and a tub of cottage cheese.
No i don’t heat the chili, I just open the can.
No I don’t mix them.
Yes I only use one spoon. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.
Yes I am sitting on the floor when I eat

Peanut butter, sauerkraut, and honey between 2 pieces of bread. It fits so well.

If you've ever had a Reuben sandwich then you know how well sauerkraut goes with the sweetness of Russian dressing. Well it works even better with honey. Try it.

do-it.gif

Peanut butter, sauerkraut, and honey between 2 pieces of bread. It fits so well.

If you've ever had a Reuben sandwich then you know how well sauerkraut goes with the sweetness of Russian dressing. Well it works even better with honey. Try it.

do-it.gif
<Lmaoo> I don't know man, this sounds intriguing, and coming from a "poor" family growing up we did peanut butter instead of bacon on BLT's(still good), but honey and sauerkraut seems like a pretty abrasive combination?

Young gene tunney would say something along the lines of thousand island dressing and parmesan cheese on beef stew or tuna helper.

Today, I had a toasted baguette with ghee, cream cheese, bacon and a pink brandywine tomato. If that is a weird combination or not, I couldn’t say. The fact of the matter is that I would not be surprised if people have been enjoying this combination for centuries.

Last edited:
Who the hell puts salt in their coffee?

MSG is better in my opinion than salt but salt works like how salted chocolate does. Many of the same things that match up with chocolate also match up with coffee. Salt I think makes it easier to taste certain things in the coffee.

Cut tomatoes(I prefer Campari tomatoes from Kroger, ripe), some shredded tomato as well, finely shredded ginger(not the Hawaii type though), extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. It's a surprisingly good salad. With some bread you can mop up the tomato sauce mixture at the bottom of the bowl, absolutely delicious.

Who the hell puts salt in their coffee?
I thought it was weird, too, but I once had a coworker put a little salt on top of the grounds before she closed it up and it brewed up nicely.

Tasty little trick.

@Slobodan is a huge fan of boilded kangaroo with ketchup and raw onions. It really does not go well together, no matter what he says.

When I go for a risted med det hele I like a Cocio, Which is seen as weird but its got damn tasty and I done it since childhood so it comforts me like a nice blanky.
@Sano @Vergilius
I'm not too big a fan of kangaroo tbh... I had kangaroo sausage for the first time in 2016 and it was okay but not something I would eat again. Also they used to beat me up when I would box them so that has something to do with it as well.

Back