• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Was Quinlan/Fugitt the Worst Fight of the Night?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Not counting WMMA fights.
Was Fugitt/Quinlan the worst one of all?

1 guy had nothing but kick taps in his arsenal.
The other guy had nothing but short ranged superman punch taps.
Neither fighter won that fight. It should've been a draw.

Probably. It was essentially just a sparring session and had the same sort of feel/pace to it. That said, there were a few others that weren't much better like Maness/Flick and Johns/Silva. The WMMA bouts were... mediocre.

Don't worry, Arlovski vs Buday is coming soon.

I'm morbidly intrigued by how that's going to play out stylistically for a few reasons... but man does it have all the makings of a real stinker.

the swede looked good, bright future if she works on some grappling defense

Yeh, maybe.

I've watched all her fights pre-UFC, and the UFC ones, and I'm not too sure about her anymore.

She's good when she's not pressured by someone who doesn't care about making it messy. As soon as that happens Thundernuts sort of loses confidence and immediately looks to turn to safe grappling. It's worked against low level girls who can't grapple well.

It happened in this fight. As soon as Polastri started going forward, Thundernuts started looking worse, but this time she wasn't the better grappler.

She's going to run into better girls than Polastri who won't give a fuck at all, will push forward on her, and won't be easy for her to control with her grappling.

Yeh, maybe.

I've watched all her fights pre-UFC, and the UFC ones, and I'm not too sure about her anymore.

She's good when she's not pressured by someone who doesn't care about making it messy. As soon as that happens Thundernuts sort of loses confidence and immediately looks to turn to safe grappling. It's worked against low level girls who can't grapple well.

It happened in this fight. As soon as Polastri started going forward, Thundernuts started looking worse, but this time she wasn't the better grappler.

She's going to run into better girls than Polastri who won't give a fuck at all, will push forward on her, and won't be easy for her to control with her grappling.
If she can catch her striking up with her grappling might be okay put her against that Yasmin girl

If she can catch her striking up with her grappling might be okay put her against that Yasmin girl

Would be a fun fight, but Yasmin would likely be a bit too much for her right now, especially with her pressure boxing and grappling level.

If they want to give her some easy matchups: Tomar, Reed, or Yoder might be good options.

If they want to push her a bit quicker, Ducote is probably the highest ranked fighter she could get while still having an ideal matchup, as Ducote is a terrible MMA striker that has no movement and basically just point fights. Not a big grappler either.

Karolina would be good if they want to give her a name. She could beat this version of KK for sure.

Neither are particularly good, that's the problem. It was a loser leaves town fight and Quinlan's gone - 6-3 and 1-3 in the UFC.

Back