Rewatch Was DDP gassed, hurt by Adesanya or playing possum?

He pretends to be tired to fool his mind and get more air, this has been confirmed by Dana

you still haven't understood that DDP always looks tired but isn't at all ? he has great cardio
That's it. He just fights that way. He's not playing possum, not putting on an act, and not tired or overworked despite looking like he's going to spontaneously combust or give up the ghost at any moment.

He was gassing and he was being hurt, but that made no difference to The Great African Chad.

Still hunted down and finished The Last Dogbender.

Dude was exhausted, Izzy was also quite fatigued but he really fucked that one up, he looked significantly fresher.

He was gassed. Which is even more impressive that he pulled off a sub. Once Izzy started getting touched up just before going to the ground is when the fight went downhill for Izzy.

Israel would have won if he kept his focus. Both looked tired but l think in the later rounds israel looked better.
Izzy was down 3-1 on the cards, so I doubt it.

He was slowing down output to recover and explode again. Just Because someone’s temporarily tired, it doesn’t mean they’re “gassed”.

Yea what I can't tell is if Izzy's shots were having an effect or not.

Sherdog is prozac nation. So much cope.

Adesanya is a good fighter. DDP is better.

If you want an example of a submitted fighter who does not want the fight to be over, look at Volk under Ortega.

If you want an example of a submitted fighter who DOES want out of the ring asap, look at Conner Diaz or Conner Kabeeb.
Look at Nunes under mouth-girl 1.
Look at Izzy under DDP.

It was a competitive fight, but it wasn't close.
There was never a minute in that fight where DDP thought he might lose.
Every minute, Izzy knew he probably would lose. He was game tho. Gotta give him that.

Bro the question posed is "was DDP gassed, hurt or playing possum in the fight'" lol

<{vega}>

I mean I get the Izzy hate but lets stay on topic here lol

you still haven't understood that DDP always looks tired but isn't at all ? he has great cardio

Yeah, DDP is your classic case of not looking at the way they fight but the outcome, I mean he looks clumsy, tired and not very slick but dude just gets it done, what a man.

Of course DDP was hurt. He just didn't succumb to the urge to quit.

You have to put DDP unconscious to beat him (literally the way he has ever lost)

He will just keep fighting until he breaks you, no matter how hurt or tired he is

Israel would have won if he kept his focus. Both looked tired but l think in the later rounds israel looked better.

He was losing on the score cards, so we don't need to guess what would've happened.

Ultimately the difference was Izzy couldn't hurt DDP, but DDP could hurt Izzy. He reacted big to getting hit and that is what forced the ending sequence.

Once he flopped to the mat after a few thudding strikes, the better grappler shut the show down.

I just rewatched the fight and I really can't tell. Were Adesanya's body shots having any effect and that's why he was slowing down?

Or was he just getting gassed? I honestly can't tell with DDP because he literally always looks like he's gassing - but he still comes forward.

Did Adesanya ever hurt DDP in the fight?
He was gassed by the time he finished his walkout. It's his fighting style.

Back