Reasons why DDP a Hard pill to swallow for some

People say "ugly" because they don't understand the concept of a swarmer aka pressure fighter.

It is not meant to be pretty, it is meant to be overwhelming, it is meant to create CHAOS, which is advantageous for Dricus because he thrives in that chaos.

Chaos favors ugly and frenetic.

Pretty striking requires space, reads, timing, patterns... you can not do that effectively if you are constantly running backwards fending off a bull in a China shop who never stops and never let's you breathe.

You would think after beating 3 of the best MWs of the last decade back to back, people might CONSIDER the possibility that there is a reason this dude is winning with this strategy and stlyle.
I was with you till you said that Strickland is 3 of the best MWs of the last decade....

People say "ugly" because they don't understand the concept of a swarmer aka pressure fighter.

It is not meant to be pretty, it is meant to be overwhelming, it is meant to create CHAOS, which is advantageous for Dricus because he thrives in that chaos.

Chaos favors ugly and frenetic.

Pretty striking requires space, reads, timing, patterns... you can not do that effectively if you are constantly running backwards fending off a bull in a China shop who never stops and never let's you breathe.

You would think after beating 3 of the best MWs of the last decade back to back, people might CONSIDER the possibility that there is a reason this dude is winning with this strategy and stlyle.
Nah bro he totally sucks and can't fight much better than a drunk soccer mom at applebees

Nah bro he totally sucks and can't fight much better than a drunk soccer mom at applebees
Don't under estimate a drunk soccer mom at Applebee's

She'll suck your dick if you play your cards right.
<Y2JSmirk> buy her that good dessert.

I was with you till you said that Strickland is 3 of the best MWs of the last decade....
3 of the best

Not one of the best 3.

He won the belt and damn near defended it.

Within the general vicinity of the top. 9 men have won the belt in that time. Before last night only 2 successfully defended (by the books)

-Being chaotically smart & dirty in the octagon
-beating 3 fans favourite's in a row not just fans favourites but also great fighters
Whittiker: for me one of most complete fighter in the history and will make Khmazat look bad in October, I still think he has one of the best 3 winng streak when he beat Jacre & Romero losing only to Adesanya so when faced DDP you can tell he felt something different the way DDP tossed him in the first round then tko him on seconed round.

Strickland: the gas tank king he will walk you back until he breaks you mentally & the narrative before that fight that if goes to distance it's a gurnntee(I hate spilling) win for Strickland then boom DDP made it ugly not as usual and mange to win the descion despite "having a bad gas tank"

Adesanya: the second best middleweight in the history or even the goat if you count the steroid use. The Adesanya that fought today is one of his best version in his UFC career he was clean and sharp but was overwhelmed by the pressure but I already see the argument that DDP based out un the fight which is normal if you get 26 hard and precise body shots yet he was winng 2-1 before the submission..

DDP still getting better each fight so who knows how long his reign will last
People grew up with TMA movies and want to believe that, that is the ultimate and true way of the martial artist. They had a brief taste of it with Silva and Machida and then Izzy. They hate the fact that a guy seemingly running into you and winging hooks can be effective. But it is and always will be.

Yahh .

This still isnt a list ..i want names of STFU with izzy isnt the 2nd best shit...just saying
he isn't... I'll give you he's ahead of Franklin... but not even in the ballpark of Wanderlei, Henderson, or Sakuraba

it's like the era of the awkward champ. belal, strickland, DDP, guys with awkward clumsy styles that are highly effective.

he isn't... I'll give you he's ahead of Franklin... but not even in the ballpark of Wanderlei, Henderson, or Sakuraba
Sakuraba is a WW... If we're honest ...do you think Sakuraba would honestly have anything for Izzy, or A. Silva? ... He didnt even beat Wanderlei ..i love Saki...and hes forever legend for the match ups he took on regardless of size and skill gap and for becoming the Gracie killer...but he didnt have the tool set to beat guys like A.silva or Izzy...

Wanderlei should of stayed in Japan where the competition was easier(this is obviously a half joke)...i wouldnt put his Pride FC run ahead of Izzy...Wanderlei is likely 4th maybe 3rd place...

Henderson is a good pick... Could be argued as 2nd place for greatest MW ...but he never touched UFC gold despite two tries...and most of his momentous moments came from fights outside of MW... Aka ...Stopping Fedor... Henderson also got a lot of lay and pray wins under his belt and some decision wins he probably shouldn't have gotten ..it wasnt like he was killing everyone he fought...that said... He could be 2nd or 3rd..

I would list your list as..

Anderson Silva.
Izzy/Hendo
Hendo/Wanderlei
Wanderlei

Saki

I wasn't even interested in this fight until I watched it.
Didn't care about crying ex-champ trying to use Africa to his advantage.
Good fight after all, but you could tell Izzy slower and definitely don't train ground fighting.

In his recent fights, he hasn't really fought that ugly, chaotic style until after already managing to get his opponents a bit tired from some grappling. Khabib did that -- grappled people until they were fatigued, then struck a bit with them -- and people thought khabib was a goat. DDP does it and the world can't stop talking about how sloppy and unskilled he is.

if dricus was dagestani clowns here would cum buckets to his fighting style

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ronaldbattle93
Back