Reasons why DDP a Hard pill to swallow for some

People say "ugly" because they don't understand the concept of a swarmer aka pressure fighter.

It is not meant to be pretty, it is meant to be overwhelming, it is meant to create CHAOS, which is advantageous for Dricus because he thrives in that chaos.

Chaos favors ugly and frenetic.

Pretty striking requires space, reads, timing, patterns... you can not do that effectively if you are constantly running backwards fending off a bull in a China shop who never stops and never let's you breathe.

You would think after beating 3 of the best MWs of the last decade back to back, people might CONSIDER the possibility that there is a reason this dude is winning with this strategy and stlyle.

He's just objectively ugly lol literally walking or leaping forward without a jab or anything in front of it =/= a swarmer it's just bad technique and honestly bush league.

Nobody with a legitimate understanding of striking or combat sports in general can sit there and wax poetic about his caveman-tier fighting style like he's playing 4D chess lol

BUT damn that mfer hits hard and literally never gives up on himself what a fucking crazy comeback win. Made me a fan last night and I wanted to see Izzy get back to the pinnacle.

I hope Poatan comes back down DDP is a way more interesting matchup than anyone at LHW (other than Ank maybe but dudes boring af lol)

He's just objectively ugly lol literally walking or leaping forward without a jab or anything in front of it =/= a swarmer it's just bad technique and honestly bush league.

Nobody with a legitimate understanding of striking or combat sports in general can sit there and wax poetic about his caveman-tier fighting style like he's playing 4D chess lol

BUT damn that mfer hits hard and literally never gives up on himself what a fucking crazy comeback win. Made me a fan last night and I wanted to see Izzy get back to the pinnacle.

I hope Poatan comes back down DDP is a way more interesting matchup than anyone at LHW (other than Ank maybe but dudes boring af lol)

How was it a come back win? DDP was up a round.

How was it a come back win? DDP was up a round.

Not to my eyes I had it 2-1 for Izzy with Izzy taking r1 and r3 Ina competitive fight with DDP looking utterly gassed and a few more body shots away from having to change his trunks lol

then again one of the judges had Tai winning 3 rounds so I'm sure there's a lot of shit takes as far as the scoring goes

Not to my eyes I had it 2-1 for Izzy with Izzy taking r1 and r3 Ina competitive fight with DDP looking utterly gassed and a few more body shots away from having to change his trunks lol

then again one of the judges had Tai winning 3 rounds so I'm sure there's a lot of shit takes as far as the scoring goes

The poll here has a significant majority agree with DDP being 2-1 up. You're entitled to your opinion, obviously.

Once had a boss tell us on a Friday afternoon after a particularly busy work week, “Have a good weekend and find time to decompose.”

<WhatIsThis>

I might've quit right there so I didn't have to be lead by that level of retardation ever again lol.

I just corrected a paper with someone describing "maylay" combat. It's like, use your fucking spell check, man.

One I see on social media a lot is "balling like a baby", like some baby is rolling around in fur coats and putting cigarettes out on hoes.
You're a teacher sir?
Makes sense actually lol

You're a teacher sir?
Makes sense actually lol
lol I've got a very-infrequent part-time job helping instructors process their coursework. My full time job is working in the oilfield, where I'm on call in the event of an emergency and usually have nothing to do except my part-time job and shitposting on Sherdog.

lol I've got a very-infrequent part-time job helping a few professors process their coursework ("maylay" was in a college paper). My full time job is working in the oilfield, where I'm on call in the event of an emergency and usually have nothing to do except my part-time job and shitposting on Sherdog.

That person that wrote "maylay" should be beaten to a living death sir lol.

Makin good money at the oilfield?
If so you're taking me on a date for that special title you have lmao

That person that wrote "maylay" should be beaten to a living death sir lol.

Makin good money at the oilfield?
If so you're taking me on a date for that special title you have lmao
lol the money used to be great but then it became insanely goddamn expensive just to stay alive. As for the date, I'ma wine and dine you all the way into a leadership role.

Sakuraba is a WW... If we're honest ...do you think Sakuraba would honestly have anything for Izzy, or A. Silva? ... He didnt even beat Wanderlei ..i love Saki...and hes forever legend for the match ups he took on regardless of size and skill gap and for becoming the Gracie killer...but he didnt have the tool set to beat guys like A.silva or Izzy...

Wanderlei should of stayed in Japan where the competition was easier(this is obviously a half joke)...i wouldnt put his Pride FC run ahead of Izzy...Wanderlei is likely 4th maybe 3rd place...

Henderson is a good pick... Could be argued as 2nd place for greatest MW ...but he never touched UFC gold despite two tries...and most of his momentous moments came from fights outside of MW... Aka ...Stopping Fedor... Henderson also got a lot of lay and pray wins under his belt and some decision wins he probably shouldn't have gotten ..it wasnt like he was killing everyone he fought...that said... He could be 2nd or 3rd..

I would list your list as..

Anderson Silva.
Izzy/Hendo
Hendo/Wanderlei
Wanderlei

Saki

Izzy would have little for prime Wanderlei especially in the pride era given how much the sport has evolved since then...
Lets look at IZZY's best wins... 2x Knuckles and x1 Romero... what other high profile names at their prime has he fought that were forces to be reckoned with? Marvin and Paulo? Come on dude.. Cannonier is a good fighter but his only notable wins are washed Anderson, coin toss split over Strickland and Hermansson who's 50/50 in his last 6...
Prime Wanderlei has 2x Rampage, 2x Yoshida, 2x Sakuraba, Henderson, and Tamura, while there are a couple 'Who's That' the others are all note worthy... while his past prime UFC career is lack luster in the win column he did manage 6 fight of the nights and two knock out of the nights and a fight of the year... hard to scoff at those...While Israel certainly has his accolades too, they are to an extent racked up against a relatively lower tier of opponent. The wins over Yoel and Robert are very solid but the others are kinda meh... And please see post Matt Serra GSP for lay & pray wins.

lol the money used to be great but then it became insanely goddamn expensive just to stay alive. As for the date, I'ma wine and dine you all the way into a leadership role.
Flattery will get you everywhere sir lmao

People say "ugly" because they don't understand the concept of a swarmer aka pressure fighter.

It is not meant to be pretty, it is meant to be overwhelming, it is meant to create CHAOS, which is advantageous for Dricus because he thrives in that chaos.

Chaos favors ugly and frenetic.

Pretty striking requires space, reads, timing, patterns... you can not do that effectively if you are constantly running backwards fending off a bull in a China shop who never stops and never let's you breathe.

You would think after beating 3 of the best MWs of the last decade back to back, people might CONSIDER the possibility that there is a reason this dude is winning with this strategy and stlyle.
Great post. He didn't just beat Whittaker. He mugged him and stole his lunch money. It wasn't even competitive. The Strickland fight was interesting too. He was losing and changed strategy and things started to change. I think people are sleeping on his 'Warrior Spirit' which factors in as well. Some guys show up to fight and there a few who show up to win. The guy is a winner.

I just don't understand what fans want sometimes. DDP has like 22 finishes out of 24 wins lol, but it looks sloppy so people bitch.
They dont like being wrong about their initial observation. That is why DDP rustles the jimmies.

I love his fighting style. He's not trying to be perfect. He's thinking outside the box every chance he gets. He's trying to finish the fight the whole time. It's fun as fuck to watch.

I like his "ugly" style
Just like black beast has his "just get up" style of ground game DDP has his "just win bro" style of always finding a way

Reactions: HHJ
Back