War Room Lounge V77: Anthony Johnson is not a good unit of measure

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is hilarious. Your own source makes my point over and over again.

For example, from your source, page 16, note 25:

Some terminology here is important; specifically, the critical difference between case officers and sources, agents,or assets – the latter three terms are basically interchangeable.​

For example, from your source, page 17, note 32:

In American construction, if the target accepts the recruitment pitch, the terminology changes. His status is now
that of ‘agent’, ‘source’, or ‘asset’
. The CIA has a binary approach to recruitment: An agent is either a fully recruited
agent or he isn’t. Russian understanding of the term agent encompasses a spectrum of case officer and agent relationships. In the Russian view, as long as the agent is providing the material, documents or operational support that his case officer requires, the semantics of agent recruitment matter rather less. Russian intelligence may therefore have relationships with cooperative contacts who don’t necessarily need to be fully recruited in order to serve their purpose.

So again, agent=asset, and again, Hillary Clinton accused Tulsi Gabbard of being a Russian agent---someone working in the employ of the Russian state to collect information on the US surreptitiously and pass it on to the Russian state.

Something tells me the fine gentlemen @Quipling and @Jack V Savage will be too proud to admit their error.

False.

I was speaking specifically as to the term "Useful idiot" as being a political term (hence why I quoted that post), which you are truly quite mistaken on.

You should take your own advice.

I was speaking specifically as to the term "Useful idiot" as being a political term (hence why I quoted that post), which you are truly quite mistaken on.

You should take your own advice.
He never does

"spy" aka agent, is also listed in that definition and most definitions of 'asset' when used in the context Clinton used it.
But if we're using the 'useful idiot' definition, then there is clear cut evidence that Hillary Clinton was indeed a Russian asset.

Not really. Clinton used it ambiguously in relation to Stein (you could interpret the "also" as referring to Gabbard, but it could just as easily have been in relation to the other characteristics she attributes to Stein) running as a third party and thereby promoting Russia's presumed goal of a Trump reelection. That doesn't require them to be an "Agent".

Please no bully

It's an affectionate term. Typically used with dogs who are endearingly stupid.
Only use of "boof" I've ever heard.

It means having anal sex (contraction of boofoo or bufu, from "buttfuck") unless you're a Republican trying to get on the Supreme Court. In that one special case it means to fart.
You're implying Kanavaugh was lying under oath?

It means having anal sex (contraction of boofoo or bufu, from "buttfuck") unless you're a Republican trying to get on the Supreme Court. In that one special case it means to fart.

I thought it meant drinking beer through the butt?

Not really. Clinton used it ambiguously in relation to Stein (you could interpret the "also" as referring to Gabbard, but it could just as easily have been in relation to the other characteristics she attributes to Stein) running as a third party and thereby promoting Russia's presumed goal of a Trump reelection. That doesn't require them to be an "Agent".
No it doesn't, but you don't come unhinged like Clinton and start spouting conspiracy theories about people you have grudge against, and you don't use terms that hint at treason ambiguously like a maniac. RT is not evidence of anybody being groomed. BUT, by Clinton's own usage of the word, her allowing her private server to get hacked makes her a Russian asset.

No it doesn't, but you don't come unhinged like Clinton and start spouting conspiracy theories about people you have grudge against, and you don't use terms that hint at treason ambiguously like a maniac. RT is not evidence of anybody being groomed. BUT, by Clinton's own usage of the word, her allowing her private server to get hacked makes her a Russian asset.

Clinton's private server was not hacked.

Good summary of the big news today:

Ed: Referring to the thread, rather than that one tweet, though that's also a good (much more-concise) summary.

Last edited:

No, the term "useful idiot" means intentionally advancing a cause/objective. Not just incompetence.
Like I said, it's not a new smear. It's been used on the left-wing and anti-war protestors since it was coined.
More strange to me is that she'd address Gabbard at all, given her seeming irrelevance as a candidate, and that she'd talk about her making a 3rd party run despite Gabbard explicitly denying that she'd do it.

No, the term "useful idiot" means intentionally advancing a cause/objective. Not just incompetence.
Like I said, it's not a new smear. It's been used on the left-wing and anti-war protestors since it was coined.
More strange to me is that she'd address Gabbard at all, given her seeming irrelevance as a candidate, and that she'd talk about her making a 3rd party run despite Gabbard explicitly denying that she'd do it.

I think she just has talks without thinking about the impact (there and often). The idea of her being calculated is a result of her being so bad at faking it when she has to. But I actually think her comments do sort of defuse the threat because if Gabbard does it, it's likely that she'd eat into the GOP support more than Democratic support.

you're hanging onto the "useful idiot" part. An asset who isn't a spy is somebody who provides value with our without their knowledge.
As Jack pointed out, I was wrong, Clinton wasn't herself an asset by this definition, the entire DNC was.

you're hanging onto the "useful idiot" part. An asset who isn't a spy is somebody who provides value with our without their knowledge.
As Jack pointed out, I was wrong, Clinton wasn't herself an asset by this definition, the entire DNC was.

Come on, Anung. Why not just discuss the issue honestly?

Come on, Anung. Why not just discuss the issue honestly?
I am discussing this as seriously as it warrants.
Hillary Clinton smeared a US Senator as being groomed as a Russian asset, and accused a former presidential candidate, who is no running for office, of being a Russian asset. And it just so happens that these people are not well liked by Hillary.

That is a very serious accusations without more than low level conspiracy theory level evidence to support it.

Team Clinton is falling all over themselves to disambiguate the term "asset".
There are 2 ways you can interpret it:
1. Spy
2. Something useful to defeat an enemy

If you're saying she didn't mean "spy", and that she meant "something useful to defeat an enemy", then the DNC server, and therefore the DNC was a Russian Asset. Unless you don't think they were hacked...

I am discussing this as seriously as it warrants.
Hillary Clinton smeared a US Senator as being groomed as a Russian asset, and accused a former presidential candidate, who is no running for office, of being a Russian asset. And it just so happens that these people are not well liked by Hillary.

She said that a U.S. Congresswoman (not senator) was being groomed by Republicans (not Russians) to run third party. She credibly accused a former presidential candidate of being a Russian asset.

That is a very serious accusations without more than low level conspiracy theory level evidence to support it.

Team Clinton is falling all over themselves to disambiguate the term "asset".
There are 2 ways you can interpret it:
1. Spy
2. Something useful to defeat an enemy

If you're saying she didn't mean "spy", and that she meant "something useful to defeat an enemy", then the DNC server, and therefore the DNC was a Russian Asset. Unless you don't think they were hacked...

Put aside your view of the "tribes." It's not relevant. People who care about accuracy are pointing out that she said "asset" rather than "agent." And you know that the DNC wouldn't fit the definition of Russian asset, while Stein likely would.

She said that a U.S. Congresswoman (not senator) was being groomed by Republicans (not Russians) to run third party. She credibly accused a former presidential candidate of being a Russian asset.

Put aside your view of the "tribes." It's not relevant. People who care about accuracy are pointing out that she said "asset" rather than "agent." And you know that the DNC wouldn't fit the definition of Russian asset, while Stein likely would.

We know she said asset, and asset is synonymous with, among other things, spy.
And yes, the DNC would be an asset if Russia were able to hack their computers for valuable information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back