Social War Room Lounge 318: Propaganda Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nostromo bless
I couldn’t tell you a thing he did, but I do remember that I actually truly disliked him. Him and computer fogie are one of the few people on here that I really didn’t like.

I couldn’t tell you a thing he did, but I do remember that I actually truly disliked him. Him and computer fogie are one of the few people on here that I really didn’t like.
He banned a lot of peeps and was pretty brutal even to interact with in PMs. I remember when football came up in the OT and he was warning folks about talking sports in that subforum... just over the top stuff.

Discovered by scientists at Procter & Gamble in the 1960s, Olestra was a fat substitute that wasn't absorbed in the body. Tested in cakes, doughnuts and ice cream, it reduced calorie count by up to 50%.

It seemed like a breakthrough for dieters, but the feedback on Olestra's subsequent trials was disastrous – and rather revolting. "They were all the same complaint," explains food scientist Peter Berry Ottaway, "anal leaking coming out of the rectum without any control."

Discovered by scientists at Procter & Gamble in the 1960s, Olestra was a fat substitute that wasn't absorbed in the body. Tested in cakes, doughnuts and ice cream, it reduced calorie count by up to 50%.

It seemed like a breakthrough for dieters, but the feedback on Olestra's subsequent trials was disastrous – and rather revolting. "They were all the same complaint," explains food scientist Peter Berry Ottaway, "anal leaking coming out of the rectum without any control."
Apparently they recruited only male bottoms for this particular study. Interesting

Lemme tell ya, I was relieved when my father brought home one of these,
f982904814a1739642a2f4ec1fc0164b.jpg

Edit: I mean literally, I was relieved, as in off duty. And thank God for that.
I haven't seen one one these in about 30-40 years.
I don't even remember anything like that. I'm 50 how old are you guys?
That was the shit back then, and it couldn't turn the tv on or off, no volume control either, just changed channels.

I haven't seen one one these in about 30-40 years.

That was the shit back then, and it couldn't turn the tv on or off, no volume control either, just changed channels.
Dude, what do you think that dial on the right is for?

Dude, what do you think that dial on the right is for?
The dial was for tuning the channel in if there was interference/lines, the switch on the left was for switching from the top row of buttons to the bottom row. There was no on/off or volume, you still had to walk up to the tv for that.

The dial was for tuning the channel in if there was interference/lines, the switch on the left was for switching from the top row of buttons to the bottom row. There was no on/off or volume, you still had to walk up to the tv for that.
That sounds better than having to stand there holding the antenna so your dad could watch tv because the static would come back once you let it go.

That sounds better than having to stand there holding the antenna so your dad could watch tv because the static would come back once you let it go.
Remember all the tin foil wrapped around the antennae? For some reason that never did as well as well as a child standing there holding them...

I may have mis-remembered, so ok, fair enough. It was a little while ago lol

Remember all the tin foil wrapped around the antennae? For some reason that never did as well as well as a child standing there holding them...
Well, that's just because a person, even a child, is a much bigger antenna than some foil.

Just our luck, eh? We're a dying breed lol

@Rob Battisti what are you thinking on where bitcoin will bottom out here before the price bumps back up before the halving?

@Rob Battisti what are you thinking on where bitcoin will bottom out here before the price bumps back up before the halving?
Right here. There was a chance of hitting 38k before the run up. I will be the first to admit that I did not believe we would retract lower than 44k. 38k was the next level of resistance though so likely we hold here.

I’m still a buyer and this does nothing to shake my confidence in 125-150k BTC this cycle.

Right here. There was a chance of hitting 38k before the run up. I will be the first to admit that I did not believe we would retract lower than 44k. 38k was the next level of resistance though so likely we hold here.

I’m still a buyer and this does nothing to shake my confidence in 125-150k BTC this cycle.
I think it will dip below 35k for sure. Before the halving I think it will climb to about 40k then drip below 35k again. The one thing I have been saying is to sell before the drips then buy back into make money. If you had multiple bitcoins selling at that 46k mark would have netted you pretty good profit to buy back in.

I think it will dip below 35k for sure. Before the halving I think it will climb to about 40k then drip below 35k again. The one thing I have been saying is to sell before the drips then buy back into make money. If you had multiple bitcoins selling at that 46k mark would have netted you pretty good profit to buy back in.
Based on what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back