Opinion Vote now! Your stance on guns!

What your stance?!

• Total voters
You really are odd, you seem really annoyed about things I've never said or done such as 'blaming the wrong people for crimes..'

I'm not offering a compromise or 'bringing anything to the table' because I'm not asking you to do anything, this thread is a discussion on our views and I have expressed mine; that in an ideal world we have no guns, i also freely admit that is unrealistic, I'm not telling you how to live your life.

Now stop writing posts in that retarded, patronising manner that involves quoting 2 words out of context, fuck me, you write like a buzzfeed listmaker
So you're not actually interested in an "honest balanced conversation", cool, you should have just said so in the first place.

I'm currently in Pa and compared to NY its 100 times better.

m96jjd.jpg

Make nuclear warheads legal and at least one available to all individuals

2vwuvxx.jpg
Keep a gun in every room, IMO. That way when you resort to begging for beer on teh dog you can take your own life in a act of compassion for your fellow man...

Last edited:
Well NYC is really strict, a bit more than the rest of the State. You have to jump through more hoops it's one of the stricter places in the country. In Pa the laws are more lax. I had no issues getting anything down here as long as you don't have a bad criminal record.

m96jjd.jpg

2vwuvxx.jpg
Keep a gun in every room, IMO. That way when you resort to begging for beer teh dog you can take your own life in a act of compassion for your fellow man...

Forgot to post link

In all honesty I don't actually have a well thought out reason as to why automatic pistol caliber weapons should be legal, I just want one. But as far as how I justify the distinction of allowing those and not rifle caliber automatic guns, its because an automatic rifle caliber gun does so much more damage per round and so are significantly more destructive. I'm not even entirely against those being legal as well, its just that I think getting pistol caliber automatic guns legal would be easier if you didn't also push for automatic rifle caliber guns and I do understand on some level why people would be nervous about automatic rifles flooding the market.

Very Machiavellian.

Way to go full dickhead. :eek:

I would continue to argue with you but I'm really not invested enough in the subject to
So you're not actually interested in an "honest balanced conversation", cool, you should have just said so in the first place.

Its not my conversation to have, I'm afraid I don't live in your country so how can I offer a concession I clearly do not have to give?

I pointed out how i see things as an outsider looking at forums like this and attitudes like yours are pervasive on both sides.

At this stage I would actually say i am pro gun as far as the USA is concerned because everyone has one and its unreasonable to deny them going forward. But I would rather live in a society without them.

I don't think many peoples' opinions can come down to these four limited poll options. I think it's a mix of state's rights and central government rights (the former is where automatic weapons and such would come into play). I believe there should be better screening (though a significant amount of these crimes are done through illegally obtained weapons), but the language and nature of such screenings shouldn't be so that it can be twisted to create bigger issues for potential owners. There has to be the right balance between safety and freedom where the former does not impede on the latter to a debilitating extent, and giving the government too much power to track and control people really goes against the spirit of the second amendment, though there is also a need to make sure firearms don't fall into the wrong hands through illegal means (or legal means through not properly screening potential owners) either.

It's too bad there aren't any apolitical prominent third party non-governmental agencies that could help with things like screening and required license checkups (to make sure people are mentally and physically fit), it's another can of worms, but healthy alternatives would be helpful where a lot of the issue here is not giving the government too much power over its' people (of course one doesn't want the same for other organizations, but in my scenario there would be multiple organizations).

That's a lot of people that want to restrict certain types of firearms. What's hilarious is they want to restrict the most popular rifle (AR-15) in America. That'll work out well.
Go back to the 70’s and the NRA was entrenched in a decade long battle against the anti-handgun lobby, that fight is what would eventually setup the Heller and Mcdonald decisions.

The antis go for the low lying fruit, they could get the Fudds to go on TV and sign petitions because “nobody needs anything but a rifle or shotgun to hunt, and you only need three rounds”

There are like 46 votes for, "Pro guns - restrict weapons more than current law"

I sincerely believe a good portion of those votes are more along the lines of, "Well, guns are okay - I just don't think people should be able to own X, Y, or Z. I mean, who really needs X, Y, and Z?!?!?! Also, registries are good. And high capacity magazines?!? No."

I think that if that is where you are you really need to be in the last category.

And take all the fun away from people who want to make assumptions about my beliefs?
Abstain.

I already have a bunch so sales should be banned until I need to buy more

Back