Media Volkonovski's Only Professional Loss

That's an interesting story, I am a fellow Sydneysider. I found an article about what you are describing:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07...ficking-filipino-boxers-to-use-as-sla/4815706
I do wonder though why you say they wanted no part of it. I assume they came here of their own free will. I have heard similar stories of filipino meat workers in abattoirs around Australia, that they are somehow here against their will. I agree their living conditions are crummy, but I also don't buy the line that they are here against their will. Why do you think they would want no part of it? They are professional fighters from what I can ascertain, why would they not want to fight? Also to say that living in Sydney the conditions are no better than the slums of their homeland - lets get real for a second. There are no slums in all of Sydney that come even remotely close to the kind of slums that exist in the Philippines. Have you been to Manila before? People live in ramshackle houses made out of garbage that they have slapped together. There are full on shanty towns all over the place. One cannot in good faith call any part of Sydney a slum, even the housing commissions in Redfern, or the urban sprawl in Western Sydney. There's a reason that Nepalese or Philippinos or Indians flock here en masse even if their living conditions are on the whole below the average of your average Australian.

Did you read the article you linked? They weren't in some Red fern flat or even a house, they were kept in a garage, in winter. Passports taken so they couldn't leave, fed scraps of food... They must have loved every moment of living in some cunt's crammed shed on a ramshackle bunk bed while eating chicken bones for dinner. Do you really think they wanted to be a part of that?

I think I'll take their word and that stated by the people who lived in those conditions over some random sherbro with an oppinon on Sydney.

{<doc}

Last edited:
Back