Media Volkonovski's Only Professional Loss

How is that even the same weight class lol.

Volk is a savage.

Was that footage sped up or something, because that stoppage was as early as a country buffet breakfast

the fuck?
Haven't seen this. How was this even sanctioned?

I think it was a combination of the lack of avaliable professional MMA fighters in Australia and Volk's massive balls. Some of the boxing mismatches I've witnessed in Australia over the years have boiled my blood. Filipino guys routinely fighting aussie's clearly 20 pounds or more heavier for some regional bumfuck title.

I think it was a combination of the lack of avaliable professional MMA fighters in Australia and Volk's massive balls. Some of the boxing mismatches I've witnessed in Australia over the years have boiled my blood. Filipino guys routinely fighting aussie's clearly 20 pounds or more heavier for some regional bumfuck title.

Just look at the early records of some of Australia's boxers. They get these Thai or Indonesian punching bags, 20lbs lighter, to get these guys to 10-0. I've seen 10-0 guys fight 4-70 record guys half there size.

Sad :(

Just look at the early records of some of Australia's boxers. They get these Thai or Indonesian punching bags, 20lbs lighter, to get these guys to 10-0. I've seen 10-0 guys fight 4-70 record guys half there size.

No joke, there was a guy in Sydney holding a group of Filipino fighters passports and forcing them to fight while living in squalid conditions no better than the slums of their homeland. Those guys would have padded the records of many aussie fighters and wanted no damn part of it.

Doesnt really seem feasible that one could have competed athletically as a 240 lb'er, then as a 145 lb'er

No joke, there was a guy in Sydney holding a group of Filipino fighters passports and forcing them to fight while living in squalid conditions no better than the slums of their homeland. Those guys would have padded the records of many aussie fighters and wanted no damn part of it.
That's an interesting story, I am a fellow Sydneysider. I found an article about what you are describing:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07...ficking-filipino-boxers-to-use-as-sla/4815706
I do wonder though why you say they wanted no part of it. I assume they came here of their own free will. I have heard similar stories of filipino meat workers in abattoirs around Australia, that they are somehow here against their will. I agree their living conditions are crummy, but I also don't buy the line that they are here against their will. Why do you think they would want no part of it? They are professional fighters from what I can ascertain, why would they not want to fight? Also to say that living in Sydney the conditions are no better than the slums of their homeland - lets get real for a second. There are no slums in all of Sydney that come even remotely close to the kind of slums that exist in the Philippines. Have you been to Manila before? People live in ramshackle houses made out of garbage that they have slapped together. There are full on shanty towns all over the place. One cannot in good faith call any part of Sydney a slum, even the housing commissions in Redfern, or the urban sprawl in Western Sydney. There's a reason that Nepalese or Philippinos or Indians flock here en masse even if their living conditions are on the whole below the average of your average Australian.

That's an interesting story, I am a fellow Sydneysider. I found an article about what you are describing:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07...ficking-filipino-boxers-to-use-as-sla/4815706
I do wonder though why you say they wanted no part of it. I assume they came here of their own free will. I have heard similar stories of filipino meat workers in abattoirs around Australia, that they are somehow here against their will. I agree their living conditions are crummy, but I also don't buy the line that they are here against their will. Why do you think they would want no part of it? They are professional fighters from what I can ascertain, why would they not want to fight? Also to say that living in Sydney the conditions are no better than the slums of their homeland - lets get real for a second. There are no slums in all of Sydney that come even remotely close to the kind of slums that exist in the Philippines. Have you been to Manila before? People live in ramshackle houses made out of garbage that they have slapped together. There are full on shanty towns all over the place. One cannot in good faith call any part of Sydney a slum, even the housing commissions in Redfern, or the urban sprawl in Western Sydney. There's a reason that Nepalese or Philippinos or Indians flock here en masse even if their living conditions are on the whole below the average of your average Australian.
Sadly it’s another Flip taking advantage of his younger countrymen, it’s happened here in the US with same nationality Maddams who run massage parlors. They basically traffick them here, take their passports until they work off the borrowed part of their trip and having them working as sexworkers under the guise of masseuse. That is until their visas run out and they give them a kick in the ass and send them on their way with nothing, absolutely disgusting human behavior.

Back