Volkanofski vs Ortega- head butt in round 3

I honestly felt Ortega won 3 and 5 but was nowhere near a win other than those two sub attempts in the 3rd (why I gave him the 3rd). I didn't understand 50-45 by any means. Great fight. No complaints about it nor on a eventual rematch down the road if it ever came to fruition.
How did Ortega win the third? He had two deep subs but was absolutely battered fight could have been stopped if it was ten seconds longer. his corner literally cheated to get him to the stool. The fifth I could see it for Ortega but that’s it.

How did Ortega win the third? He had two deep subs but was absolutely battered fight could have been stopped if it was ten seconds longer. his corner literally cheated to get him to the stool. The fifth I could see it for Ortega but that’s it.
By those two very close sub attempts. A spin could be made as to how Volk couldn't finish a clearly exhausted Ortega. I see more damage and control from the subs than the inability to finish a fighter who was completely gassed. My opinion on that round.

By those two very close sub attempts. A spin could be made as to how Volk couldn't finish a clearly exhausted Ortega. I see more damage and control from the subs than the inability to finish a fighter who was completely gassed. My opinion on that round.
Damage is the first criteria to judging though and Ortega was technically finished because he couldn’t get up from the floor without help from his corner. The subs did no actual damage. Ortega was a bloody mess. Bad take.

Damage is the first criteria to judging though and Ortega was technically finished because he couldn’t get up from the floor without help from his corner. The subs did no actual damage. Ortega was a bloody mess. Bad take.
Octagon control, sub attempts and agression are also scoring criteria. Ortega was closer to a finish, twice in that round, than Volk was. That's my take. Like I said my opinion.

Idk man. When I see a guy get dominated for 3 rounds by an old af clay guida I’m gonna say he’s very average. Sure he won that fight by KO, but he was getting worked for 3 rounds. Inexcusable for any top fighter to get worked by an old af fighter for 3 rounds.
When was the Guida fight anyways? 4 years ago or something? I believe there's a thing called improvement.

I honestly felt like the headbutt early on swayed the fight a little, it had ortega on wobbly legs and busted his face and from that point on volk started to take over. There was a second headbutt but it wasn’t as big of a deal IMO

His fans don't score the reversals Volk put on him to get a) out of the choke & b) into a dominant wrestling position BOTH times. And then seem to disregard the 10+ power strikes, elbows & fists he put on Ortega that HIT- not even counting those that he deflected but he copped a dozen bombs- apparently 2 failed submissions equal more than that + 2 reveresals + winnng the round prior...

I honestly felt like the headbutt early on swayed the fight a little, it had ortega on wobbly legs and busted his face and from that point on volk started to take over. There was a second headbutt but it wasn’t as big of a deal IMO
Cope

Octagon control, sub attempts and agression are also scoring criteria. Ortega was closer to a finish, twice in that round, than Volk was. That's my take. Like I said my opinion.
He copped a dozen clean elbows and fists to the face after failed sun attempts and had to be lifted to his stool. Guy gave his all & showed how dangerous his subs are BUT the champ was stronger & somehow came out dominant after all that.

He copped a dozen clean elbows and fists to the face after failed sun attempts and had to be lifted to his stool. Guy gave his all & showed how dangerous his subs are BUT the champ was stronger & somehow came out dominant after all that.
No question or argument there. I enjoyed the fight. It was truly amazing. I just still see a huge flaw in judging criteria; not that him winning either round mattered. It just feels off to say 50-45

Back