Volkanofski vs Ortega- head butt in round 3

Brian was getting worked before the head butt but this is where a rapid decline started

All the more reason for a rematch
don't be so utterly pathetic.

Ortega got legit beaten up the entire fight. Hence why one scorecard was 50-44.

Just accept it and stop being a fanboi b1tch.

Ortega has 1 win in the last 3.5 years. He should work his way back, as Max is doing.

No more rematches. Seriously, enough. Ortega has been gifted 2 title shots and shit the bed on both.

"shit the bed" is an understatement. Dude had like 5 years knocked off his life each time lol.

I wouldn't say average because in grappling situations he is extremely dangerous. But he will never be on the level of the top FWS
Idk man. When I see a guy get dominated for 3 rounds by an old af clay guida I’m gonna say he’s very average. Sure he won that fight by KO, but he was getting worked for 3 rounds. Inexcusable for any top fighter to get worked by an old af fighter for 3 rounds.

Ignoring all the cope from Ortega lovers, it seemed like Herb noted the head clash when it happened because he pointed to someone cage-side. Not sure why he didn't pause the fight like he did when they clashed later in the fight

Hard to tell, but I thought Herb started to step in just before the bell. It’s possible that he was just anticipating the bell and had no intention of stopping before then, but I’m leaning towards the former. Ortega was done.
https://gfycat.com/webbeddirectjumpingbean

No more rematches. Seriously, enough. Ortega has been gifted 2 title shots and shit the bed on both.
Gifted? I'd say with the schooling he put on KZ he earned it?

Outside of Max and Brian who is there for Volk at 145 at the moment?

I honestly felt Ortega won 3 and 5 but was nowhere near a win other than those two sub attempts in the 3rd (why I gave him the 3rd). I didn't understand 50-45 by any means. Great fight. No complaints about it nor on a eventual rematch down the road if it ever came to fruition.
I think the sub attempts in the 3rd took away the 10-8 or 10-7 that Volk earned by pounding Ortega’s head into the mat but weren’t enough for him to win the round.

I thought for sure he was going to get a tap for one of those subs. Either. They both looked tight. Fucking crazy.

Gifted? I'd say with the schooling he put on KZ he earned it?

Outside of Max and Brian who is there for Volk at 145 at the moment?

After the absolutely brutal destruction he endured by Max, then the long layoff, and then wins a SINGLE fight, yes, it was a gift in my opinion.

Edit: Forgot to respond to the last question. If Yair beats Max (I dont believe its likely), then obviously Yair. Cejudo would be the best option in my opinion. And finally I would rather see Giga get an opp. He prob hasnt earned it yet but theres nothing in Ortega right now that would change the outcome. Outside of the sub attempts, it was a fairly one-sided fight.

You mean... You. Loooool.

You were laughed out of the official thread for a reason.

Lol at being laughed out of anywhere. There were a few posters in the official thread scoring rounds 1 and 2 for Ortega, as well as 3 and 5.

Can one of you gorgeous handsome sherdoggers supply a gif of the headbutt please, I still have not seen the headbutt, they never showed it on any of the replays

Brian was getting worked before the head butt but this is where a rapid decline started

All the more reason for a rematch
Volk also went into this fight with a 14 month layoff and dealing with staph/covid, with the ring rust shaken he probably performs even better; I'm not interested in a rematch.

Back