Volkanofski vs Ortega- head butt in round 3

regmma123

Black Belt
Reaction score
Brian was getting worked before the head butt but this is where a rapid decline started

All the more reason for a rematch

I honestly felt Ortega won 3 and 5 but was nowhere near a win other than those two sub attempts in the 3rd (why I gave him the 3rd). I didn't understand 50-45 by any means. Great fight. No complaints about it nor on a eventual rematch down the road if it ever came to fruition.

Ortega learned in the last round that if he's more aggressive (and moving forward) with his striking he can put the hurt on Volk. They need a rematch.

I honestly felt Ortega won 3 and 5 but was nowhere near a win other than those two sub attempts in the 3rd (why I gave him the 3rd). I didn't understand 50-45 by any means. Great fight. No complaints about it nor on a eventual rematch down the road if it ever came to fruition.

ive seen people score rounds 1 and 2 for Ortega as well

I hear what you're saying, but I'd argue his ability to escape the submissions is as much a positive for him as much as a negative for Ortega not being able to finish him. Couple that with Volk delivering brutal GnP at the end of the round lends credence to Volk winning the 3rd. I do think Ortega won the 5th, but it was largely irrelevant and at that point Volk had resided to winning a decision.

I hear what you're saying, but I'd argue his ability to escape the submissions is as much a positive for him as much as a negative for Ortega not being able to finish him. Couple that with Volk delivering brutal GnP at the end of the round lends credence to Volk winning the 3rd. I do think Ortega wont the 5th, but it was largely irrelevant and at that point Volk had resided to winning a decision.
I understand that view completely. Just such a deviation of scoring among three people becomes a concern. We hear it all the time "don't leave it in the judges hands" but those two fought a war from bell to bell. They both went for it.
I don't know how Ortega made the 4th and won the 5th after the end of the third. Though not the case here, I couldn't imagine losing something based on one person's views that don't reflect his contemporaries take.

He didn’t deserve a title shot in the first place and I’m very happy the juicehead got destroyed.

He deserves nothing of the sort.

He fought bravely and probably didn't see too much of a hit in his stock, but he clearly lost, and only has one win since mid-2018.

At least two more top 5ish wins before another bite at the apple.

He deserves nothing of the sort.

He fought bravely and probably didn't see too much of a hit in his stock, but he clearly lost, and only has one win since mid-2018.

At least two more top 5ish wins before another bite at the apple.
I only say because he got bashed in the nose by AV’s cinder block of a head badly, didn’t complain and had moments of near finsh

Back