Rewatch Volk vs Islam...(The absolute truth about who won)

Well that's just a lie. Getting dropped and gasping for air on his back that last minute certainly did not put him a step ahead.

He was ahead still.
The 5th went badly for islam but it was too little too late for Volk

That is not what I am saying, I responded to your comment: "Everyone saying that if there was another round or two, Volk would have finished him. LMAO why these turds think that? " The turds think this because at the end of the fight Islam was nearly finished and appeared completely shot.
He wasn't nearly finished. Also you think Islam was shot bc he actually used up all his gas tank? If there was 6 rounds or 7 rounds, Islam would have distributed the gas for it.

there's no even rounds lol

Also Islam was a step ahead the whole time

He finished the fight on his back getting pummeled. I've learned that these extreme biased positions comes from people with similar religions and/or regions.

they use the same method as boxing, to be the champ you have to beat the champ and nothing short of a tap, ko or a conclusive beating is going to unseat him.
That's a myth. It's a myth in boxing too. It's just often the champion has such notoriety there's a built in bias.

Volk made a good account of himself and finished strongly owning the biggest moment of the fight. A great moral victory. However, for the vast majority of the fight Islam was slightly ahead and won under the scoring criteria in place. I strongly believe the combination of strong finish as well as Volk exceeding expectations have skewed how people viewed this fight.

Last edited:
Actually, I think volkanovski won the 5th with a 10-7, so that should've given volk enough to win the fight.

ezgif-com-optimize-10.gif

ezgif-com-optimize-11.gif

...a 10-7? Man, you used to at least be subtle.

When I rewatched it, I saw Volk winning rounds 1 and 2 UNTIL he got wobbled by big counters. He fought really, really well, but Islam landed too many shots on him with more power. The only round Volk undisputably won is round 5, and it might've been a 10-8. Islam was struggling, ran out of energy, and his face was getting tenderized. Alex just looked like the winner at the end of that round/fight. On points he lost.

Islam won like GSP won against Hendricks. Technically it's a win. But is it really tho

Reactions: Ibm
Just watched the fight again.

I wanted Volk to win, but decided to put that aside and score it fairly.

Round 1 - Islam.
Round 2 - Volk.
Round 3 - Even.
Round 4 - Islam.
Round 5 - Volk.

The fight was a draw.

Agree?

lol, nope, 4-1 win for Makhachev

lol you scored the *4th* for Volk?!?

I remember when people would be pissed off when Bendo won close rounds because of dumb confidence-portraying gimmicks like brushing his hair mid-round and having a toothpick.

But here you are giving rounds to a guy who has his back taken for a whole round based on his facial expressions alone ha. Whole other level of judging delusion.

The round was pretty close 1:30 in, I even had Islam with the slightest edge. At that point Islam scored a low amplitude td. The immediate scramble saw Islam claim back, but Alex made it to the fence, and claimed height over Islam. Islam did nothing scoring wise the last 3:30 of the round. No subs, no positional gains, no significant strike attempts. Over the last couple minutes in that position, Volk landed 15-20 left hands over his right shoulder, some of those were damn solid. Not saying they were all 900+ on the punch machine. But they damn sure hit harder than an emoji in a text. When they stood up at rounds end, It was Islam who looked drained of energy from the position, with his spirit diminished.

Last edited:
still waiting on volks and his camps evidence about IVs. they came across really salty after the L. 'oh i should have started sooner, he's not that strong, i was worried about the TD, he used IVs'. meanwhile they had the fight on their own turf. can't get more of an advantage than that when it comes to judging.

next fight should be in abu dhabi with islam getting full rehydration.

It's not fair that Islam had to cut weight and Volk didn't

That's a myth. It's a myth in boxing too. It's just often the champion has such notoriety there's a built in bias.
i mean you can dissect and reshape it however you like it all goes back to the same thing, the challenger has to beat the champ.

Back