Rewatch Volk vs Islam...(The absolute truth about who won)

Islam won like GSP won against Hendricks. Technically it's a win. But is it really tho

Exactly. Islam Won if you look closely just not in the prettiest way, also the crowd was favored the underdog which made it more like Volk won but he didn't. No robbery here.

No. Science may contend that we died, but we don't know if we actually died. We could be immediately reincarnated or our soul could live on. We don't have enough answers to important questions to make anything absolute.

Oh so you're a faithful fanatic. Got it. What you meant was, "I have my own truths and no one can deny them."

A bit different than your original statement.

;)

they use the same method as boxing, to be the champ you have to beat the champ and nothing short of a tap, ko or a conclusive beating is going to unseat him.
But they were both champs, just fighting in Islam's weight class.

Are you trying to suggest that if they'd been fighting at 145 and the exact same fight had happened, then Volk would have won? Nonsense.

Oh so you're a faithful fanatic. Got it. What you meant was, "I have my own truths and no one can deny them."

A bit different than your original statement.

;)
ROFL at the things people say on the internet. They can look into your soul and know you deeply through a few irreverent things you posted on the internet. It must be nice to be that visionary; I'm envious.

I think you basically just have no answer for what I said and are making ad hominem statements instead of telling me why the statement is inaccurate (it is over your head).

Have you ever contemplated the fact that neither religion nor science has any evidence of certainty in life's deepest questions? Attempts at explaining the inexplicable are silly. The humble and secure among us have no problem admitting we don't know and never will know in this life. But being so visionary, I'm sure you have knowledge with great evidence and certainty of what happens after we die.

Bulkanovski shoulda got his little motor running sooner in that fight.

Islam held on to his LW Championship -- but yeah, Volk is the 5th Round Champ...

But they were both champs, just fighting in Islam's weight class.

Are you trying to suggest that if they'd been fighting at 145 and the exact same fight had happened, then Volk would have won? Nonsense.
No. I'm saying the contested title being must be conclusively won by the challenger for the title to be exchanged regardless of the challengers status in a totally separate division.
If you're of the opinion that Volk conclusively won the specific fight we're actually talking about, well then i disagree and we just saw the fight different.

Last edited:
From the Unified Rules of MMA:

“A 10 – 10 round in MMA is when both fighters have competed for whatever duration of time in the round and there is no difference or advantage between either fighter.” A 10 – 10 round in MMA should be extremely rare and is not a score to be used as an excuse by a judge that cannot assess the differences in the round. A 10 – 10 round in MMA is a necessity to have for the judge’s possible score, mainly due to scoring incomplete rounds. It is possible to have a round where both fighters engage for 5 minutes and at the end of the 5-minute time period the output, impact, effectiveness and overall competition between the two fighters is exactly the same. It is possible, but highly unlikely. If there is any discernable difference between the two fighters during the round the judge shall not give the score of 10 – 10. Again, this score will be extremely rare.

Do you think R3 fulfills these criteria?

Everybody too emotional to speak out the truth, come back in a few years, ok

Its islam 4 - 1 or islam 3 - 2 one thing is for sure nobody in their right mind would score it as a loss for islam maybe some khabib haters would say a draw like you do

they use the same method as boxing, to be the champ you have to beat the champ and nothing short of a tap, ko or a conclusive beating is going to unseat him.
Anyone who subscribes to that nonsense theory should never be allowed to judge or score fights.

From the Unified Rules of MMA:

“A 10 – 10 round in MMA is when both fighters have competed for whatever duration of time in the round and there is no difference or advantage between either fighter.” A 10 – 10 round in MMA should be extremely rare and is not a score to be used as an excuse by a judge that cannot assess the differences in the round. A 10 – 10 round in MMA is a necessity to have for the judge’s possible score, mainly due to scoring incomplete rounds. It is possible to have a round where both fighters engage for 5 minutes and at the end of the 5-minute time period the output, impact, effectiveness and overall competition between the two fighters is exactly the same. It is possible, but highly unlikely. If there is any discernable difference between the two fighters during the round the judge shall not give the score of 10 – 10. Again, this score will be extremely rare.

People throw out 10-10 scoring when they wish their fighter won but can't actually justify giving them a particular round. The kind of rounds that actually deserve 10-10s are incredibly rare, and look like this:
BscZXSX.png

And even then, there should be other scoring criteria to fall back on if all else is equal - the rare case where "aggression" or "octagon control" might win you a round.

No. Scoring round 3 10-10 is basically an excuse score like the part you highlighted tells us not to award. The round was completed, there was plenty of action to score. Award a winner. The way I interpret the spirit of the UR, I am only going to award a 10-10 on very rare occassions, and those are going to be minimal action rounds that are not completed, or rounds like Frank/Lewis, Carla/Rose, etc.

Volk is the GOAT of false contraversy. Volk beat Max, Islam beat Volk. This really shouldn't be as contraversal as they are made out to be.

Just watched the fight again.

I wanted Volk to win, but decided to put that aside and score it fairly.

Round 1 - Islam.
Round 2 - Volk.
Round 3 - Even.
Round 4 - Islam.
Round 5 - Volk.

The fight was a draw.

Agree?
It was a very close fight. Could have went either way. Would have been nice to see Volk get the hometown decision tho. Going up in weight and getting his hand raised in his own backyard would have been epic.

ROFL at the things people say on the internet. They can look into your soul and know you deeply through a few irreverent things you posted on the internet. It must be nice to be that visionary; I'm envious.

I think you basically just have no answer for what I said and are making ad hominem statements instead of telling me why the statement is inaccurate (it is over your head).

Have you ever contemplated the fact that neither religion nor science has any evidence of certainty in life's deepest questions? Attempts at explaining the inexplicable are silly. The humble and secure among us have no problem admitting we don't know and never will know in this life. But being so visionary, I'm sure you have knowledge with great evidence and certainty of what happens after we die.

You're spewing nonsense to a stranger on a forum 99/100 people you ask will have never heard of chief.

Get a grip.

Back