Rewatch Volk vs Islam...(The absolute truth about who won)

Just watched the fight again.

I wanted Volk to win, but decided to put that aside and score it fairly.

Round 1 - Islam.
Round 2 - Volk.
Round 3 - Even.
Round 4 - Islam.
Round 5 - Volk.

The fight was a draw.

Agree?
I scored the fight a draw in the first place. Partly based how Shevchenko vs. Santos was scored before that. So I thought it must be going similar, even though Santos was actually trying to go for subs when she had back control.

074ce8d2379d00cc4a63aa69b9ecfc8e.gif

Not even close, everyone seems to be scoring this fight on a curve. Islam clearly won at least 3 rounds, and there’s a good argument he was pitching a shutout going into the 5th.

Just because Volk exceeded expectations doesn’t mean he won the fight. Clear Islam UD, anyone who thinks differently doesn’t know how to score a fight.

islam won the decision.

volk won the public opinion and retained his position as p4p #1 for giving the bigger champion his toughest fight and almost beating. No one expected the 145 pound volk to disrupt islams top game and take down islam himself.

Islam needs create his legacy at 155 before chasing the p4p title.

I would like to see islam fight gaethje next, but I guess since gaehtje/porier have lost the title twice already and the rest of the division is their left overs, people would rather see him rematch volk and then fight colby/leon next.

Not even close, everyone seems to be scoring this fight on a curve. Islam clearly won at least 3 rounds, and there’s a good argument he was pitching a shutout going into the 5th.

Just because Volk exceeded expectations doesn’t mean he won the fight. Clear Islam UD, anyone who thinks differently doesn’t know how to score a fight.

Yeah, there's an insane amount of bias people have when watching this fight just because Volk did better than expected. He still got dropped multiple times on the feet and Islam won rounds 1-4 for sure.

I scored the 4th, and the fight for Volk.
lol you scored the *4th* for Volk?!?

I remember when people would be pissed off when Bendo won close rounds because of dumb confidence-portraying gimmicks like brushing his hair mid-round and having a toothpick.

But here you are giving rounds to a guy who has his back taken for a whole round based on his facial expressions alone ha. Whole other level of judging delusion.

I don't know man. Although Volk threw more strikes and had more landed, I thought the major factor in this fight was the significant strikes thrown by Islam and of course his control on the ground in multiple rounds

Just watched the fight again.

I wanted Volk to win, but decided to put that aside and score it fairly.

Round 1 - Islam.
Round 2 - Volk.
Round 3 - Even.
Round 4 - Islam.
Round 5 - Volk.

The fight was a draw.

Agree?

Actually, I think volkanovski won the 5th with a 10-7, so that should've given volk enough to win the fight.

ezgif-com-optimize-10.gif

ezgif-com-optimize-11.gif

still waiting on volks and his camps evidence about IVs. they came across really salty after the L. 'oh i should have started sooner, he's not that strong, i was worried about the TD, he used IVs'. meanwhile they had the fight on their own turf. can't get more of an advantage than that when it comes to judging.

next fight should be in abu dhabi with islam getting full rehydration.

Back