Media Volk exploring other career avenues

Who wins a fourth fight?

• Total voters
Well, like I said, I wasn't sure how it was in other countries. I just know that it's a pretty common joke here in Aus.

Yeah, in any construction job you always have those cats.
I get what you're saying though sir.

i think it's more common in construction work because a lot of the guys who work those jobs are ex-convicts, felons, and/or guys who aren't too bright but have strong backs.

Wow, talk about stereotyping lol.
I've never been to prison, and I might not be a rocket scientist, but I'd like to think I'm at least as bright as a 15 Watt bulb lol.

Im bustin your balls in a way here btw ;)

But yeah it is common most definitely sir.

At least Volk wasn't trying to show some little shits how he could still skate.

Edit- boo... why was this age restricted? It's the Damo and Darren clip.

Wow, talk about stereotyping lol.
I've never been to prison, and I might not be a rocket scientist, but I'd like to think I'm at least as bright as a 15 Watt bulb lol.

Im bustin your balls in a way here btw ;)

But yeah it is common most definitely sir.

i only say that because i worked it in my 20s and a lot of my family and friends are involved in it. there was a company here called "Ron's Concrete" and everyone who knew about it called it "Ron's Cons" because he'd literally hire guys that were ex-convicts trying to help them get their life back on track. a lot of Polynesians who come from the homeland to Hawaii also end up working it because they have no other skills besides a strong back and the need for money and it's fucking brutal. it takes a special kind of person to sign up for what is pretty much paid slave labor.

when people would ask me what i did for a living back when i was in it i'd tell them "human forklift" and they'd laugh and be like are you in construction? and i'd reply: "no no, the Masons are the ones who construct things, i literally just carry the rocks/bricks/blocks/cement bags. i also am a human cement mixer" and people would just treat me like i was Sloth from Goonies after that lmao
200w.gif

i only say that because i worked it in my 20s and a lot of my family and friends are involved in it. there was a company here called "Ron's Concrete" and everyone who knew about it called it "Ron's Cons" because he'd literally hire guys that were ex-convicts trying to help them get their life back on track. a lot of Polynesians who come from the homeland to Hawaii also end up working it because they have no other skills besides a strong back and the need for money and it's fucking brutal. it takes a special kind of person to sign up for what is pretty much paid slave labor.

when people would ask me what i did for a living back when i was in it i'd tell them "human forklift" and they'd laugh and be like are you in construction? and i'd reply: "no no, the Masons are the ones who construct things, i literally just carry the rocks/bricks/blocks/cement bags. i also am a human cement mixer" and people would just treat me like i was Sloth from Goonies after that lmao
200w.gif

Oh I was just bustin your balls about that lol, but talkin about human cement mixer...Ive hand mixed 215 bags of concrete since we bought this house.

So I'm Sloth with you sir lol

Oh I was just bustin your balls about that lol, but talkin about human cement mixer...Ive hand mixed 215 bags of concrete since we bought this house.

So I'm Sloth with you sir lol

brutal, but i do think there's 1 positive about, that kind of work makes you tougher than the average person for sure. it also made me grateful for every other job i ever worked because i just thought to myself "well i could be breaking my back in construction right now". i respect people who do it, it's a man's man job. you might not need to be a rocket scientist but there's no doubt you gotta be strong and tough to do that shit day in and day out.

brutal, but i do think there's 1 positive about, that kind of work makes you tougher than the average person for sure. it also made me grateful for every other job i ever worked because i just thought to myself "well i could be breaking my back in construction right now". i respect people who do it, it's a man's man job. you might not need to be a rocket scientist but there's no doubt you gotta be strong and tough to do that shit day in and day out.

I did masonry for awhile, landscaping, painting houses and commercial spaces etc.
I like working with my hands, which is probably why I paint and carve now.
Plus I'm doing the reno on the house by myself.

Its good for my soul, bad for my knees and back lol.

I did masonry for awhile, landscaping, painting houses and commercial spaces etc.
I like working with my hands, which is probably why I paint and carve now.
Plus I'm doing the reno on the house by myself.

Its good for my soul, bad for my knees and back lol.

hey, Masonry you gotta be smart. at least smarter than a labourer like me lmao. that's cool you done all those jobs, that's man shit to me. especially now a days when most kids trying to be video game streamers, influencers, or some kind of get rich quick social media grifter. doing all the jobs you did you have life skills. renovate your own house and shit is a big money saver. most kids now a days probably die just standing in the sun too long forget about working in it lmao

Even though I did masonry I was the head mason's "gopher"...go for this, go for that...so we are the same me and you brother lol.

Built big to carry other people's shit lol
hey, Masonry you gotta be smart. at least smarter than a labourer like me lmao. that's cool you done all those jobs, that's man shit to me. especially now a days when most kids trying to be video game streamers, influencers, or some kind of get rich quick social media grifter. doing all the jobs you did you have life skills. renovate your own house and shit is a big money saver. most kids now a days probably die just standing in the sun too long forget about working in it lmao

Haha. Cool bloke. The type of guy you would kick back and have a beer witth
Yeah I starting liking him when he was coaching TUF vs. Brian Ortega. At first I was like this guy Volk seems okay. By the last few episodes I was cheering for his whole team. When one guy was having a rough weight cut, he and the team spend the entire last night with him.

Yeah I starting liking him when he was coaching TUF vs. Brian Ortega. At first I was like this guy Volk seems okay. By the last few episodes I was cheering for his whole team. When one guy was having a rough weight cut, he and the team spend the entire last night with him.
I'll definitely invite him over to one of my mega mansions next time we watch the fights. Humble cool guy

Back