International Virus outbreak in China (and elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is it always China?

India has a population almost as big, and they have worse conditions. Less land, much poorer people and more of them, far more crowded, less clean etcc.. but all these outbreaks are from China or close by regions.
I used to think it was them keeping ducks and pigs together, but doesn't India also keep lots of farmyard animals next to each other?

It always happens in the more humid regions where civilization and the actual wild meet — same idea behind Ebola. India is much more arid and less a breeding ground for bacteria.

Why is it always China?

India has a population almost as big, and they have worse conditions. Less land, much poorer people and more of them, far more crowded, less clean etcc.. but all these outbreaks are from China or close by regions.
I used to think it was them keeping ducks and pigs together, but doesn't India also keep lots of farmyard animals next to each other?

Because a majority of Indian people are vegetarians or they only eat a small amount of meat, chicken, goat and fish.

They don’t eat literally anything that moves like the Chinese or Africans.

Why is it always China?

maxresdefault.jpg

Why is it always China?

One factor is probably diet. Chinese people eat anything and everything, but Indians just east chick peas and curry.

Absolute suck. My wife and 6 mo old baby are in Caoxing right now. They're still OK but still very scary stuff.

One of the reasons these viruses don't get global pandemic plague type numbers is that they are never airborne. This one is a mutation and is much more easily spread via contact. If this Coronavirus (SARS/MERS etc.) continues down this path, over time, it will eventually be airborne, and then we are fucked.

Thank you Dr for this assessment. God be with us all.

My friend that I play Tarkov with is in China. He's telling me the Chinese media is still heavily downplaying the spread. 2 more cities were just quarantined for a total of 23 million people. People have been found dead on the streets and apparently more have actually died but China is covering it up. Some videos released lend credibility to these claims. Remember this is just what I've been told from a good friend but don't take it as fact.

The confirmed one infected patient spreading it to 17 health workers is extremely concerning.

If you are a healthy younger person you should be fine even if you contracted it. It's the older population and kids that the worry.

If it's in Seattle (confirmed already) then we can expect it to show up in NYC in the coming days. Don't go crazy but if your in a transit city just take hygienic precautions and have some food and water reserved. Face masks are selling out real fast and even Amazon is cleared out of facemasks, those cheap face covers don't really help. No reason to panic but take precautions and always be prepared.

Five cases of Coronavirus confirmed in Edinburgh. Shit just got real...

It always happens in the more humid regions where civilization and the actual wild meet — same idea behind Ebola. India is much more arid and less a breeding ground for bacteria.
Large areas of India are quite humid. They have monsoon season that sees a lot of rain, and jungles.

Absolute suck. My wife and 6 mo old baby are in Caoxing right now. They're still OK but still very scary stuff.
  1. Stay indoors if they don't absolutely need to be outside.
  2. Wash their hands before touching nose, eyes and mouth
  3. Sneeze into the arm, not their hands
  4. Wear the right protective masks
  5. Sanitize your hands when you go indoors

Last edited:
Why is it always China?

because theyre chinese

This is very interesting. I'm surprised how little this thread is for how big this is.

Not saying it's the end of the world but we have a deadly virus that mutated to transfer human to human, its highly contagious, China has quarantined 6 cities, 23 million people during its largest holiday. 300k people fled from Wuhan during the start of the quarantine. It's already spread to other countries including the US.

Trump will fart and there will be 30 forum pages on it in a day.

This is a serious health crisis. This particular strain of the virus has an incubation period of 14 days. That means that you could go without symptom for 2 weeks, during which time you may still be contagious. That means your ass could have been spreading that shit around for days. Each carrier can infect hundreds during this period, whom will in turn exponentially infect others.

Latest figure is 830 confirmed cases with 25 deaths, which equates a 3% death rate. Now, the good news is that recorded deaths and confirmed cases are generally documented by hospitals, where patients with more severe symptoms will go. There could be a lot more patients walking around with much milder flu-like symptoms that never make the records.

In short, there could be exponentially more patients than reported, but it's nowhere as deadly as SARS or Ebola.

This is a serious health crisis. This particular strain of the virus has an incubation period of 14 days. That means that you could go without symptom for 2 weeks, during which time you may still be contagious. That means your ass could have been spreading that shit around for days. Each carrier can infect hundreds during this period, whom will in turn exponentially infect others.

Latest figure is 830 confirmed cases with 25 deaths, which equates a 3% death rate. Now, the good news is that recorded deaths and confirmed cases are generally documented by hospitals, where patients with more severe symptoms will go. There could be a lot more patients walking around with much milder flu-like symptoms that never make the records.

In short, there could be exponentially more patients than reported, but it's nowhere as deadly as SARS or Ebola.
Death rate is worse. It was reported that chinese authorities have given the order to classify as many deaths as “standard pneumonia” instead of coronabeervirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back