International Virus outbreak in China (and elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are under the assumption that everyone in the quarantine cities are or will be infected, which is simply absurd. Vast majority will never come in contact with this virus. Quarantine is not meant to stop it, but reduce the scale of infection.

Look man. I'm not running around here with my hair on fire, but if a 1918 type flu bug came about now, millions would die.

There are 7 billion plus people on the planet. Millions is kind of a drop in the bucket.

A 2% fatality rate means that you have a 1 in 50 chance of dying, even if you catch it, and as you say, not everyone would catch it.

It's not the end of the world, but people would freak the fuck out, and it would impact the global economy.

Also it's in Texas now.

I’m not seeing anything being reported on Texas. I’m seeing suspected with results by Monday. Granted the guy just returned from Wuhan so betting money is on it being positive. Why in the hell are we not quarantined everyone who’s returned from that area?

You are under the assumption that everyone in the quarantine cities are or will be infected, which is simply absurd. Vast majority will never come in contact with this virus. Quarantine is not meant to stop it, but reduce the scale of infection so other areas can manage their cases without being overwhelmed. Wuhan is a transport hub right in the heart of China, so as drastic as it seems, it makes sense to stop traffic coming in or out.

Especially when you consider half of China will do some sort of travel during Chinese New Year. Allowing a transit hub to freely spread this shit is dumb.

Once these things get airborne then we will see massive numbers of infected and killed. Right now with them only passing from touch we can do quite a bit to contain the outbreaks.

I’m not seeing anything being reported on Texas. I’m seeing suspected with results by Monday. Granted the guy just returned from Wuhan so betting money is on it being positive. Why in the hell are we not quarantined everyone who’s returned from that area?
Man this is actually scary, I hope this shit get contained.

selfish bitch.
She should be jailed for 15 years minimum, for reckless endagerement. Despicable woman. She could have infected a toddler.
Should also be banned for life from flying.

My friend is a professor over there and says its much worse than reported. Says the Chinese media, has been trying to downplay and suppress is for weeks, but there are literally sick people all over. He said the hospitals are flooded with people, and there are people laying outside and in them waiting to be treated. He said just this past week has the government really started to crack down, and inform the people, due to Chinese new year, which they think will cause it too massively spread.

My friend is a professor over there and says its much worse than reported. Says the Chinese media, has been trying to downplay and suppress is for weeks, but there are literally sick people all over. He said the hospitals are flooded with people, and there are people laying outside and in them waiting to be treated. He said just this past week has the government really started to crack down, and inform the people, due to Chinese new year, which they think will cause it too massively spread.

One paper in the UK reporting that the Chinese are building a whole new hospital from scratch just to treat Coronavirus victims.

Death rate is worse. It was reported that chinese authorities have given the order to classify as many deaths as “standard pneumonia” instead of coronabeervirus

should be pretty easy to identify since Pneumonia is a bacterial infection while the new media hystery is a Virus

I got this video from one of the chinese guys I got on my Steam, just casually send me that stuff.

Having countries like China is a danger to the rest of the world, because of the way they control information and push propaganda.

They could cause a major eco-catastrophe to happen, and would 100% try to play it down like it is nothing. Which is what they appear to be doing here.

Yes definitely can't trust chinese state. Theres probably thousands dead. This is what happens when you put people in concentration camps and cook dogs and cats alive.

I've seen this movie.

It ends with the people who have guns shooting people who don't have guns.

Having countries like China is a danger to the rest of the world, because of the way they control information and push propaganda.

They could cause a major eco-catastrophe to happen, and would 100% try to play it down like it is nothing. Which is what they appear to be doing here.
Compare that with American corporate media and be absolutely terrified

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back