International Virus outbreak in China (and elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthropist

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UPDATE: Tracking Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases (by WHO/Johns Hopkins CSSE)

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

----

Governments around the world have always struggled to stop the spread of disease, from the deadly swine flu which struck the globe in 2009, to ongoing attempts to rein in Ebola in West Africa.

No health authority has ever tackled the challenge currently faced by China, however, as the country grapples with a new coronavirus just as hundreds of millions prepare to travel during the Lunar New Year period -- the largest annual human migration on Earth.

During the Lunar holiday, people from across the country will cram themselves into homebound trains, buses and planes for family reunions. Others will take advantage of the time off to holiday overseas. Last year, close to 7 million Chinese tourists traveled abroad for Lunar New Year, according to state media.

The holiday -- the most important in the Chinese calendar -- comes at the worst possible time for health authorities racing to contain the outbreak which has put the rest of Asia on alert.

The virus, which was first identified in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, is known to have infected more than 200 people and spread to at least three other countries already. On Monday, China's National Health Commission confirmed that the Wuhan coronavirus can be passed from human-to-human and that medical staff had also been infected.

The disclosure followed news that South Korea had confirmed its first case, making it the third country outside of China to detect the virus. The three cases previously confirmed overseas, two in Thailand and one in Japan, all involved people who had visited Wuhan.

"One of the consequences of a more connected world is that outbreaks have the potential to spread internationally much more rapidly than was the case 50 years ago," said Mike Turner, director of science at the Wellcome Trust, a UK-based global health charity.

More cases have also been reported within China, evidence that the outbreak has spread well beyond Wuhan, creating a risk of unpredictable further infection.

As of Tuesday morning, five cases have been confirmed in Beijing, two in Shanghai, and 14 in the southern province of Guangdong -- all hundreds of miles from Wuhan. Additional suspected cases have been reported across the country, from eastern Shandong province to Sichuan province in the southwest.

MORE: https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/20/health/china-wuhan-coronavirus-lunar-new-year-intl-hnk/index.html

Chinese scientists on January 8 identified the pathogen as a new strain of coronavirus, the same family as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). In 2002 and 2003, SARS infected more than 8,000 people and killed 774 in a pandemic that ripped through Asia, spreading as far as Canada.
Yet, none of them have temporarily halt Chinese from travelling to their countries yet.

Last edited:
Chinese stick uyghurs in concentration camps, kill, torture, rape and organ harvest.

But Virus man bad!

How bad was sars, really? 774 deaths seems like not that much for the amount of people exposed to it?

I don’t get the hysteria over these diseases. More people are infected and die to the yearly flu we know is coming, but for some reason we need to Super on alert for this thing that has a few hundred cases.

How bad was sars, really? 774 deaths seems like not that much for the amount of people exposed to it?

774 deaths with 8000 people infected isn’t significant?

you realize there are around 18,000,000 cases of the flu in the us alone with around 7000 deaths. I’m no math whiz but one of those viruses has the potential to be far more disastrous.

Well the Chinese will fucking exterminate everyone infected and burn them. So there is that at least. Hellholes are good at one thing.

774 deaths with 8000 people infected isn’t significant?

you realize there are around 18,000,000 cases of the flu in the us alone with around 7000 deaths. I’m no math whiz but one of those viruses has the potential to be far more disastrous.
Seems like it was contained pretty effectively.

I don’t get the hysteria over these diseases. More people are infected and die to the yearly flu we know is coming, but for some reason we need to Super on alert for this thing that has a few hundred cases.
Private media needs your clicks

Well the Chinese will fucking exterminate everyone infected and burn them. So there is that at least. Hellholes are good at one thing.
Hell holes ?

You are gone man

Several consequent reports from China on some recovered SARS patients showed severe long-time sequelae. The most typical diseases include, among other things, pulmonary fibrosis, osteoporosis, and femoral necrosis, which have led to the complete loss of working ability or even self-care ability of these cases.

China is a hellhole
Wtf metric are you using
A normal one , not one developed in a poison mind .
My in-laws are from China, mother in law from Hong Kong , father in-law from the main land , lots of family from both , my father in law is no fan of the Chinese government but to call the entire country a hell hole is just ignorant.

My wife teaches at a not for profit international school ( one of the United world colleges ) and has taught Chinese students from all economic backgrounds , we were house parents for years and got to live with some of these kids so I have a much better picture of what life is like in China than you could ever hope to have .

But I'm sure you won't let facts get in the way of your hate.

Last edited:
A normal one , not one developed in a poison mind .
My in-laws are from China, mother in law from Hong Kong , father in-law from the main land , lots of family from both , my father in law is no fan of the Chinese government but to call the entire country a hell hole is just ignorant.

My wife teaches at a not for profit international school ( one of the United world colleges ) and has taught students from all economic backgrounds , we were house parents for years and got to live with some of these kids so I have a much better picture of what life is like in China than you could ever hope to have .

But I'm sure you won't let facts get in the way of your hate.
Wow
I mean I work with two Chinese women and have for almost twenty years. Also have been to Hong Kong three times, once before they went communist. So your third hand knowledge is fascinating on the topic and you should give ted talks on it.

the country sucks

this is just like saying Dubai is nice because you didn’t age on a slave when you went to their mall

Wow
I mean I work with two Chinese women and have for almost twenty years. Also have been to Hong Kong three times, once before they went communist. So your third hand knowledge is fascinating on the topic and you should give ted talks on it.

the country sucks

this is just like saying Dubai is nice because you didn’t age on a slave when you went to their mall
Oh it's got it's it's problems , never said it was paradise , you called it a hell hole which is moronic period .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back