Urijah Faber calls exit of Team Alpha Male coach Duane Ludwig 'a breath of fresh air'

I like hearing guys be honest about stuff. Saying a guy's emotional isn't really putting him down.

I think it actually works to demystify a situation where speculation could be much worse than the actual truth.

yeah. It sucks because that kind of thing probably sways the judges one way or another when they aren't real confident in whoever they thought won, tbh.

I just get mad every time I think of that fight. Martin Kampmann is 21-6. His fight with Shields actually was close as fuck too, I'd need to rewatch it but I think you could make a solid argument for a scorecard of 29-28 Kampmann.

But NEVER have I seen a fight with 2, maybe 3 competitive moments otherwise be literally scored the wrong way.

I don't know how to add to this without sounding like a conspiracy theorist, but I will say MMA judging needs to stop favoring wrestlers. Top control without damage means nothing if the guy on the bottom s bloodying you up.

yup.

team Alpha Male gave Duane a ton of rightful credit for his training. Faber was going to have to answer the question then on why they split, eventually.

He did so in a very appropriate and professional way. He gave Duane great credit while basically saying it was a personality thing. And saying that is not assigning blame. not everyone gets along and that is not a bad thing.

Why even bring up the 'personality thing' if the main reason was that Duane wanted to open up his gym? It isn't good to imply that someone has a difficult personality even if its minor, to the press, unless its someone like Dana where it would be an understatement. By implying a 'personality thing' without any solid info, it just sounds like sour grapes from Faber about Duane leaving.

If you read the article he said there were difficulties and friction but didn't give the details, so he did reveal that there were problems but didn't say why. Not a smart thing to do and he should've kept quiet about it.

No.

Duane was praised constantly by Team Alpha males guys. Saying nothing would be worse then saying something. He gave a reasonable explanation that anyone could accept. Nothing really negative at all.

Rogan isn't on the team

And why do people always make it sound like its a First Amendment issue? Of course Faber CAN say what he wants. The question is SHOULD he have said that much. It was clearly meant to embarrass Ludwig and hurt his rep as he tries to do his own thing business-wise. Not only it comes off as petty by Faber but a real breach of an unwritten code. If he said something like sometimes Dwayne could be difficult to deal with and just left it at they didn't always see eye to eye then maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. But getting into such specifics when a team can only function right when there is trust is kinda sketchy. And I would think a new potential coach would have to wonder about that now, knowing if things don't work out that Faber is willing to air private dirty laundry in public
such specifics as " there was friction". that literally means nothing. if a guy leaves, ever, there was friction.

Why even bring up the 'personality thing' if the main reason was that Duane wanted to open up his gym? It isn't good to imply that someone has a difficult personality even if its minor, to the press, unless its someone like Dana where it would be an understatement. By implying a 'personality thing' without any solid info, it just sounds like sour grapes from Faber about Duane leaving.
you put two Alpha males (pun intended) in a room and they are likely to have difficulty. You put two top NFL or NBA or other top coaches in a room and you will have 'difficulty'.

That should not be surprised or a negative. If they are both getting results the expectation is they part and each lead.

You are reading a negative where it should not exist. Alpha's butt heads all the time.

such specifics as " there was friction". that literally means nothing. if a guy leaves, ever, there was friction.

yup.

If the head coach of a very successful NFL team says he had friction with his Offensive coach in the years the team was most successful, I want to hire that offensive coach as a head coach for his own team.

Having a bunch of great leaders works up until the second tries to exert himself and actually lead.

I think bang has a drug problem no i'm not bashing. It's been hinted to by his actions and on joes podcast he came right out and asked him.
Someone asked him and he seems weird? That definitely has convinced me beyond any doubt. Guess its a SherFact now.

Bang tried to implement changes to Faber's striking bad habits & the little man didn't like it.
Alpha will be alpha...

"I think". You missed that part so you be a jack ass.
LOL

No need to get so upset super nerd. If an anonymous poster on the Internet thinks his behavior seems off and a notorious pothead asks him if he is on drugs that is like a mountain of irrefutable evidence. I'm on your side! Clearly you have great reasons to suspect him.

Edit: I was going to ask why you didn't raise such obviously damning points before Faber bashed him but then I remembered the whole Internet sheep thing. Hey, if there were no sheep what would the shepard do? You fill a valuable role in society. Too many people thinking for themselves could upset the status quo

Last edited:
Come on man, saying the dude would break down and cry and was difficult to deal with especially on the business side when he is looking to start his own business? That was some calculated mud slinging with a political correctness twist just enough to almost be sincere if someone doesn't want to look too close

What's wrong with "he helped us a lot and he wants to try to build his own thing and we wish him the best?"

Now if Faber doesn't like him and wanted to get a shot in he still could have done so in a much less tactical way. IMO that was deliberate as all get out to try to damage his reputation. And look at the posters on here already saying he is a dick and probably on drugs when it was nothing but praise till Faber popped off. Faber knows how to play the game. And I am a fan of his but can't support this

I wonder what the real reason is behind him leaving. The team was duping pretty well with him being the head coach.

Bang has said for a while now that he wants to open his own gym. He was never going to be a permanent coach at TAM.

After reading that I still don't know what Faber is trying to say. So he was emotional and they didn't like it? I don't get it. Sounds like he doesn't want to say the whole story.

After reading that I still don't know what Faber is trying to say. So he was emotional and they didn't like it? I don't get it. Sounds like he doesn't want to say the whole story.
IMO he is trying to say the guy is erratic and unstable and not the best guy to be in business with.

Sometimes being vague if there isn't a whole lot to tell does more damage as people let their imaginations run wild

I don't know much about Ludwig other than obviously he was given a lot of praise for helping the team with its striking. Faber is a star. Not sure he needed to do that to a guy trying to make his own rep as a coach when he didn't reach greatness as a fighter. Whatever the reasons, I would have liked to see Faber take the high road if for no other reason than there was no pressing reason to do what he did. He could have just let him leave, reputation in tact. We will probably never know the full story. Unfortunately it probably doesn't matter. Can't unring the bell

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back