Urijah Faber calls exit of Team Alpha Male coach Duane Ludwig 'a breath of fresh air'

Augustus Caesar

ブッブーですわ
@Gold
Reaction score
"Duane did a great job running his practice and he's passionate about his stuff. We implemented a lot of his drills during our set practices and it turned out great. But he was a little difficult to deal with here and there," Faber said. "And so actually it's kind of a breath of fresh air to have parted ways.

"And actually, since we made this announcement of him leaving, it's been the smoothest between he and I, in the business side of things, since he's been here."

Asked to elaborate on the occasional friction he and Ludwig felt, Faber responded, "You know what, Duane's a real emotional guy. So sometimes he's really, really happy, like excited, screaming around. Sometimes he's real serious. Sometimes he's emotional; he's been to tears in practice talking about things he's passionate about and talking to guys.

"So there was some friction here and there, but it was just very short-lived and kind of confusing, to be honest. Kind of friction, but then, like, not friction, so kind of up and down."

Read entire article...

I like Urijah but i feel like he should have kept their issues private

Sounds like Urijah likes to be the only boss.

Duane should coach WMMA.

5mPQjR9.gif

"former UFC welterweight contender Martin Kampmann will be brought in to fill Ludwig's role in the interim"

Not a bad choice at all.

Sounds to me that Ludwig wasn't a yes man and was actually trying to do his job and help win fights! Nothing wrong with passion, atleast you know he cared to win.

I agree Urijah shouldve just kept that private as ot seems like hes trying to make duane look bad considering he said it was an amicable parting.

Didn't sound negative to me. Vouched for his coaching ability. Said he wanted someone permanent. Duan was talking about starting his own gym soon after he got the gig.

its called bipolar. Used to be manic depressant. If you've ever watched a 2 minute video on bang you realize this fairly quick.

If Kampmann becomes the head coach we are not likely going to see him again fight soon.

I like Urijah but i feel like he should have kept their issues private

Seemed fine to me. Didn't reveal anything personal, just said that Duane is a passionate guy and there was friction sometimes. Put a positive spin on something that people were largely viewing as a negative for the team (Bang leaving). He praised Bang's skills too. Pretty diplomatic answer if you ask me.

If you've ever heard Bang speak then it shouldn't be a surprise that hes a high strung, emotional guy.

Back