Urijah Faber calls exit of Team Alpha Male coach Duane Ludwig 'a breath of fresh air'

I like Urijah but i feel like he should have kept their issues private

Why? Duane was getting so much credit for any success Alpha Male had. Rogan wouldn't stop with how 'crisp' their striking looked because of Duane. Duane probably made a name for himself as a trainer/coach (thanks to Faber), could open up his own gym and attract some good talent.
Faber can say whatever he wants.

My thoughts exactly

Seems like a dick move to be honest. Especially when the 'compliments' come between disclosing that Ludwig has cried and was hard to deal with. He got that whole team to up their striking game. And even if he hadn't, some stuff is just kept in-house. This is something I'd have expected from Dana, not Faber. Some codes don't need to be explained to most guys. Its disappointing to see it wasn't honored here by someone I would have thought for sure wouldn't need it explained to him that you keep that stuff between the team

Why? Duane was getting so much credit for any success Alpha Male had. Rogan wouldn't stop with how 'crisp' their striking looked because of Duane. Duane probably made a name for himself as a trainer/coach (thanks to Faber), could open up his own gym and attract some good talent.
Faber can say whatever he wants.
Rogan isn't on the team

And why do people always make it sound like its a First Amendment issue? Of course Faber CAN say what he wants. The question is SHOULD he have said that much. It was clearly meant to embarrass Ludwig and hurt his rep as he tries to do his own thing business-wise. Not only it comes off as petty by Faber but a real breach of an unwritten code. If he said something like sometimes Dwayne could be difficult to deal with and just left it at they didn't always see eye to eye then maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. But getting into such specifics when a team can only function right when there is trust is kinda sketchy. And I would think a new potential coach would have to wonder about that now, knowing if things don't work out that Faber is willing to air private dirty laundry in public

Even if you're being sarcastic that's not a bad choice at all, better than fucking Edmond.

edn.jpg

Wow, they were talking about how awesome he was all the time. Surprised to hear there were issues there.

Lack of class on Faber's part. He could've left it at Bang wanted to open his own school and couldn't balance both. There is nothing to gain by stirring the pot and giving the media something to chew on and spit in our faces as fans. I've never been a Faber fan, but I especially hope he loses to Caceres just for humiliation sake. Sounds like he needs to be taken down a peg before he starts talking again.

What Urijah is trying to say is he thinks Ludwig is an asshole....in the nicest way possible...without really saying it....

I think bang has a drug problem no i'm not bashing. It's been hinted to by his actions and on joes podcast he came right out and asked him.

Team Alpha is Urijah's baby. He also is an astute businessman. I trust his judgement.

His stable would do well to look at Gil Melendez if they ever eventually feel the need to leave Urijah's Fight Factory and go blaze their own trail, by opening up their own gyms, etc.

Just after listening to Duane for a couple hours on the Joe Rogan Experience I completely understand what he means. He's really tiring to listen to and kinda annoying. I listened to the podcast cause TJ Dillashaw was on it and I don't even remember anything he said since Duane talked the entire time.

Only Alpha Male guy ive heard talk any shit about Ludwig is Urijah. Leads me to believe its a more of a Urijah problem than anything. Be interesting to see if any of his guys jump.

He won all 3 vs Diego! And lost...
but there are no robberies in close fights brah

:icon_lol:

That was probably literally the worst decision I have EVER seen. I'm honestly not sure how you could score even ONE round for Sanchez... that is to say, without being so incapable of understanding what you're watching as to actually misconstrue rounds of being sorely outclassed on the feet, as winning the fight.

Uriah actually said nothing bad about Duane..just wasn't on the same page at all times..understandable with a passionate guy like duane

but there are no robberies in close fights brah

:icon_lol:

That was probably literally the worst decision I have EVER seen. I'm honestly not sure how you could score even ONE round for Sanchez... that is to say, without being so incapable of understanding what you're watching as to actually misconstrue rounds of being sorely outclassed on the feet, as winning the fight.

The worst part about it is that Diego is always so convinced he actually won.

Everyone at my house lost it when he threw a hissy fit about the Gil decision, aside from the knockdown he was easily outclassed at his own game.

i remember watching DL interview at the mma awards and the dude is a straight up weirdo. has some crazy ideas and seemed to change personality multiple times in a bloody interview lol

someone said bipolar in this thread...could be true

The worst part about it is that Diego is always so convinced he actually won.
yeah. It sucks because that kind of thing probably sways the judges one way or another when they aren't real confident in whoever they thought won, tbh.

I just get mad every time I think of that fight. Martin Kampmann is 21-6. His fight with Shields actually was close as fuck too, I'd need to rewatch it but I think you could make a solid argument for a scorecard of 29-28 Kampmann.

But NEVER have I seen a fight with 2, maybe 3 competitive moments otherwise be literally scored the wrong way.

Didn't sound negative to me. Vouched for his coaching ability. Said he wanted someone permanent. Duan was talking about starting his own gym soon after he got the gig.

yup.

team Alpha Male gave Duane a ton of rightful credit for his training. Faber was going to have to answer the question then on why they split, eventually.

He did so in a very appropriate and professional way. He gave Duane great credit while basically saying it was a personality thing. And saying that is not assigning blame. not everyone gets along and that is not a bad thing.

Back