Urijah Faber calls exit of Team Alpha Male coach Duane Ludwig 'a breath of fresh air'

I'm sorry but faber sounds like an ass, always believed that you don't pop off about coaches or former teammates to ANYONE who isn't on the team

He should have just gave the political. "Sorry to see him go ,blah,blah" speech when asked

Such a moronic statement. Faber is one of the GOATs of the 135/145 divisions.

And if you go to work for a company and several short men are your superiors...you cant acknowledge they are your bosses based on their stature?

What the fuck does a man's height have to do with his ability to fire your dopey ass?

Lol you're short huh?......take it easy bonaparte, he wasn't talking to you specifically

Not very professional of Faber. Kampmann is a good replacement though.

i dont see anything wrong with what faber said and im not a faber fan. i think a lot of people don't like team alpha male so they take any opportunity to bash them. besides, it's not like urijah fired Duane. He QUIT.

Sounds to me that Ludwig wasn't a yes man and was actually trying to do his job and help win fights! Nothing wrong with passion, atleast you know he cared to win.

That's how I see it. The guy was passionate about his work and somehow this rubbed Uriah the wrong way? Also not sure why he would make this public.

When he was with them it was all 'oooh he's the best bla bla bla' now he's gone and Uriah is glad. Whatever.

Just feels like a Hollywood exec tbh. Publicly they always spew about how they're so happy and excited about whatever happens even if it's a bad thing. Uriah could have just said 'he's a great coach and we'll miss him,' there was no need to go into this much detail.

Faber always seems to have beef with someone

it was pretty obvious Bang was there to train the TAM guys his Bang Muay Thai System to bring their striking game up a notch, and it worked. But it was clear Ludwig was looking towards post-tam with starting his own gym purely to teach his MT system.

sounds like Faber was getting a lil bum hurt that Ludwig's system was getting all the credit for the success TAM had there for a good stretch

Seems legit actually

Rogan isn't on the team

And why do people always make it sound like its a First Amendment issue? Of course Faber CAN say what he wants. The question is SHOULD he have said that much. It was clearly meant to embarrass Ludwig and hurt his rep as he tries to do his own thing business-wise. Not only it comes off as petty by Faber but a real breach of an unwritten code. If he said something like sometimes Dwayne could be difficult to deal with and just left it at they didn't always see eye to eye then maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. But getting into such specifics when a team can only function right when there is trust is kinda sketchy. And I would think a new potential coach would have to wonder about that now, knowing if things don't work out that Faber is willing to air private dirty laundry in public

Very well said. I don't think it was at all necessary given the fact that Ludwig seemed to have had, for the most part, a positive effect on the camp. This will make potential clients hesitant when it comes to signing up for his classes (or whatever Ludwig's future ventures are in MMA). It seems a bit phony to praise the guy nonstop when he's there and hurt his reputation when he decides to leave.

gifia1.gif

Didn't sound negative to me. Vouched for his coaching ability. Said he wanted someone permanent. Duan was talking about starting his own gym soon after he got the gig.

Sounds like he had negative things to say but tried to be as potitive as he could. He's one of those stay positive types. When he lost to Barao the second time he was making excuses whike trying to sound like he isn't making excuses and that everything is all gravy. He's very Optimistic. Sometimes to the point where you think "who is he trying to convince? Us or himself?"

That's how I see it. The guy was passionate about his work and somehow this rubbed Uriah the wrong way? Also not sure why he would make this public.

Have you ever had someone in your social circle who is always serious about everything and it just ruins the vibe?

Could you imagine if you loved your job that you have been in for over a decade. Loved coming to work every day, just always happy good positive environment. Everyone worked hard and did their job but also goofed off and had fun and then you get a new boss and he changed everything and maybe youre performing slightly better but he is all about the performance and thats all he thinks about, he is serious all the time and constantly has gay lil pow wows where he talks about the team and just ruins the entire chemistry and vibe you had and now it's work and you dont enjoy coming anymore?

Honestly thats kind of the vibe i get when faber says that. I think duane probably ruined the energy there, he was probably too serious and emotional like he said and it just took the fun out of it.

You gotta remember faber isn't some hungry kid whose been doing this for 2 years, hes a veteran whose been in the sport for over a decade. He has had to be in the gym basically non stop for over 10 years. That's his life, he probably just wants an easy going happy positive environment.

Have you ever had someone in your social circle who is always serious about everything and it just ruins the vibe?

Could you imagine if you loved your job that you have been in for over a decade. Loved coming to work every day, just always happy good positive environment. Everyone worked hard and did their job but also goofed off and had fun and then you get a new boss and he changed everything and maybe youre performing slightly better but he is all about the performance and thats all he thinks about, he is serious all the time and constantly has gay lil pow wows where he talks about the team and just ruins the entire chemistry and vibe you had and now it's work and you dont enjoy coming anymore?

Honestly thats kind of the vibe i get when faber says that. I think duane probably ruined the energy there, he was probably too serious and emotional like he said and it just took the fun out of it.

You gotta remember faber isn't some hungry kid whose been doing this for 2 years, hes a veteran whose been in the sport for over a decade. He has had to be in the gym basically non stop for over 10 years. That's his life, he probably just wants an easy going happy positive environment.

I agree with what you're saying, but there is a difference between their fun being ruined and producing a champion. Ludwig was obviously doing something right, the sacrifice of 'fun' for hard work to put a champion in that camp was worth it in my opinion.

If I had to choose between making 50/50 as a contender for my whole career and having fun at camp, or making 120/120 as a champ at 135 with more hard work and less play, you' d be damn sure that 99% of people would choose the double pay situation.

I agree with what you're saying, but there is a difference between their fun being ruined and producing a champion. Ludwig was obviously doing something right, the sacrifice of 'fun' for hard work to put a champion in that camp was worth it in my opinion.

If I had to choose between making 50/50 as a contender for my whole career and having fun at camp, or making 120/120 as a champ at 135 with more hard work and less play, you' d be damn sure that 99% of people would choose the double pay situation.

Duane did leave though if you read the article he didnt get kicked out. So they were willing to make that change. I mean i dont know if thats even the case I was just assuming maybe thats what it was.

I know Urijah probably wants a belt more then anything so im sure he would be willing to make sacrifices to get there.

Back