Urijah Faber calls exit of Team Alpha Male coach Duane Ludwig 'a breath of fresh air'

Team Manlet became angry when a manmore like Duane came in and showed them what it meant to be a true alpha aka manmore

Funny how many wins were coming out of the camp while Ludwig was there... And this had nothing to do with him?

He seemed to have taught Mendes how to finish fights. 4 KO's in a row under his tutelage.

Yes get rid of him, clearly not a good teacher.

Team Manlet became angry when a manmore like Duane came in and showed them what it meant to be a true alpha aka manmore

Considering everything Faber has reportedly done for the fighters in that gym, I find that difficult to believe.

if the midgets don't want to be coached, enjoy never winning a title. sounds like a bunch of cry babies who don't want to be pushed

Its also pretty shitty to say this kind of stuff as Bang is opening his own gym.
Faber is scared dudes are going to go to Ludwig's gym and I don't blame him.
TAM never looked better than during the Ludwig Era.

I think Duane was sucking back a little too much of old Grandpappy's cough medicine.

TAM never looked better than during the Ludwig Era.

Basically this. I don't feel Faber means what he's saying. I think he's just bitter that a guy that took him & his team to the next level is parting ways..

Some of these responses in this thread look like stuff a teenage girl would say, christ.

Since he became as much a businessman as he is a fighter. Dude is fake as fuck these days

I mean actual examples

not just people pulling words out of their ass and sticking them to him

fabers kept tong around despite his gambling problems so i would say hes a pretty tolerant guy

Sounds to me that Ludwig wasn't a yes man and was actually trying to do his job and help win fights! Nothing wrong with passion, atleast you know he cared to win.

No it sounds like it is not that straight forward and that Duane is an emotional and very up/down bi-polar type of guy - that can be very difficult to work with however much you try. Also Faber did keep this private - Ariel "the nose" Helwani has been bugging him about this for god knows how long and his persistence paid off, also Faber is probably bored of Duane getting all the props for all the success which lets face it whilst being true Faber still played a significant part in that success. Faber did not push Duane out - he is realising a life long dream to build a gym of his own. WTF is up with Sherdog fan boys jumping all over people all the time. Grow up

I think people can't really comment about their internal politics without actually being there. We don't really know how the dynamics are in the camp. Everyone's trying to be TMZ.

every win team Alpha male got, all you would hear is about bangs coaching from the commentators..

I think Bang is bi-polar or some shit. He's definitely crazy though.

He was on Rogans podcast and guy wouldn't shut the fuck up.

uriah was always closer to that Thong guy and he was still cornered by him but the other guys imrpoved a lot under Ludwig

Rogan isn't on the team

And why do people always make it sound like its a First Amendment issue? Of course Faber CAN say what he wants. The question is SHOULD he have said that much. It was clearly meant to embarrass Ludwig and hurt his rep as he tries to do his own thing business-wise. Not only it comes off as petty by Faber but a real breach of an unwritten code. If he said something like sometimes Dwayne could be difficult to deal with and just left it at they didn't always see eye to eye then maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. But getting into such specifics when a team can only function right when there is trust is kinda sketchy. And I would think a new potential coach would have to wonder about that now, knowing if things don't work out that Faber is willing to air private dirty laundry in public
This!

Would be interesting to see who TJ will thank first in the post fight interview if he wins the title... I guess we'll never find out. WAR BARAO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back