Economy UPS is delivering packages with self driving Semi's

And it begins.
Andrew Yang 2020

Thats one of the reasons I was a supporter of his. He is smart enough to see whats coming and to know what will be needed. The rest of the candidates just want to kick the can down the road.

when i used to work as a manager for the now defunct Sports Authority sometimes i had to go around the store and bang on the door of the delivery truck. He would come out without pants and smelled of weed, alcohol, and bad life choices.

ever since then i have been terrified to drive near truck drivers on the interstate......

There is still a driver but they are just there to make sure things don't go south. But UPS is evaluating the technology but this could cost 10's of thousands of jobs. Technology executives have been talking about this for sometime but the technology is coming very quickly. UPS says that it will cut shipping costs by over 30 percent. No one trucking company will take a stand and say we will not use this technology. The impact on jobs is huge no doubt drivers will lose tons of jobs. UPS took a minority stake in the company as they continue to develop this technology. They are doing this in Arizona where they have had a number of self driving programs running out of that state.

Ok, why not just cut the jobs and pay the former truck drivers 90% of their previous salary? What difference would it make whether the truck drivers drive or not?

Back