Economy Sam Altman "OpenAI founder" is seeking 5 trillion dollars to build AI chip technology.

I am pretty sure its the Chinese government asking him. Why because he would be more then happy to say who. They are talking about nearly 400 plus billion. He already in hot water for comments he made. Rumor they want to build a total of 30 fabs.

"
TSMC founder and industry icon Morris Chang says that customers have approached him to build up to ten new fabs for AI processors, an incredible request that speaks to an insatiable demand. The request isn't entirely surprising, as the demand for processors used for AI applications is booming, and it is well known that market leader Nvidia cannot satisfy it. Meanwhile, the amount of AI compute performance available to companies like OpenAI appears insufficient, which is why companies are demanding more processors from existing suppliers, and some are even planning to build their own silicon.

"They are not talking about tens of thousands of wafers," said Morris Chang, the founder of TSMC, at a conference in Japan, reports Nikkei. "They are talking about fabs, [saying] 'We need so many fabs. We need three fabs, five fabs, 10 fabs.' Well, I can hardly believe that one." The report says Chang predicts demand for AI processors to be in the middle, "between tens of thousands of wafers and tens of fabs."

As I said Sam Altman pretty smart going to take down China lol.

AI taking a single image an crating a full video. Chinese based company Alibaba‘sAI system EMO.

Sam push not going away as China stepping up its own bankrupt Countries efforts to develop their own technology and foundries. We are talking pretty much confirmed 1 trillion dollar plus investment.

Back