• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ulberg vs Hill

StonedLemur

Chief of Sherbro Island
@plutonium
Reaction score
Is Hill going to be gun shy in this fight due to him being knocked out vs Poatan, and Ulberg possessing explosive power?

Personally I think Hill will in fact be gun shy and he'll be hurt in this one and his stock will fall off a cliff.

I doubt Hill will be gun shy, he seems like the reckless type who won’t properly consider the threat he’s up against and fight as if the KO never happened

That said Ulberg has ton of kickboxing experience and very experienced kickboxing team. Known for their gameplans

And since Hill refuses to shoot takedown I expect him to be overmatched here

Last edited:
I just hope after he wins the crowd chants his name as if he were Bill Goldberg. "Uuuul-berg, Uuul-berg, Uuul-berg"

"Who's Next!?!"

I doubt Hill will be gun shy, he seems like the reckless type who won’t properly consider the threat he’s up against and fight as if the KO never happened

That said Ulberg has ton of kickboxing experience and very experienced kickboxing team. Known for their gameplans

And since Hill refuses to shot takedown I expect to overmatched here

Acting like the ko never happened might also put him in danger though..no?

I'v learned not to count Hill out. Ulberg is hittable and a slow starter, he takes his time to read his opponents and eventually gets them. Very Izzy/Pereira like but without the ability lead the dance as effectively as he fights off the back foot.
I'm super excited for this fight.

Is Hill going to be gun shy in this fight due to him being knocked out vs Poatan, and Ulberg possessing explosive power?

Personally I think Hill will in fact be gun shy and he'll be hurt in this one and his stock will fall off a cliff.

I agree, SL. But is this experienced speculation or just hope?

This is a tricky fight for Hill, a gamble. If he wins, he can claim (again) that the loss to Alex was a fluke and gun for a rematch, just like Jiri is doing. If he gets cracked, he will need 2-3 wins to get another shot and I don’t see that happening. Risky move and I like it, but Ulberg being on a roll and the fight almost certainly being pure stand up gives him an advantage.

Honestly, Hill has been a bit overrated, IMO, because people see him as having been the legit champ. But in my eyes, he never really was the real champ, because he wasn't really the most deserving for the title shot. However, Dana just had a temper tantrum over the Jan vs Ank fight, so he got the shot against an old Glover who just got dethroned (and therefor had just shown he wasn't the best of the division anymore, either).

Add that to what you said, and I think people may get surprised if they think Hill was on dat level.

I like Hill though, so I wouldn't at all be upset if he wins this one.

Last edited:
Honestly, Hill has been a bit overrated, IMO, because people see him as having been the legit champ. But in my eyes, he never really was the real champ, because he wasn't really the most deserving for the title shot. However, Dana just had a temper tantrum over the Jan vs Ank fight, so he got the shot against an old Glover who just got dethroned (and therefor had just shown he wasn't the best of the division anymore, either).

Add that to what you said, and I think people may get surprised if they think Hill was on dat level.

I like Hill though, so I wouldn't at all be upset if he wins this one.

Yeah he has positioned himself pretty well with that win over Glover, but I genuinely think he has a hard time with Ank, or Jan (maybe not Jan as he's aging out too, but he can always win that guy), or Jiri.

Ulberg is a bit unproven himself which is why I like the matchup.
I just feel like Hill might lock up in the moment sir.

Hill taking a fight that soon afyer getting KO'd means he wants that L back, he also blaimed Herb iirc, i hope he gets reckless and ends up looking at the lights.

Yeah blaming Herb was kinda fucked up (even though I can't stand Herb lol), since he touched gloves with Alex and switched his stance after Herb let it go.

Him sleeping again would be fine with me as well sir lol.

This is a tricky fight for Hill, a gamble. If he wins, he can claim (again) that the loss to Alex was a fluke and gun for a rematch, just like Jiri is doing. If he gets cracked, he will need 2-3 wins to get another shot and I don’t see that happening. Risky move and I like it, but Ulberg being on a roll and the fight almost certainly being pure stand up gives him an advantage.

He's definitely putting all of his eggs in one basket here sir.

Ulberg seems to have turned a corner like you said, so this will either be an epic fight or another bad ko for Hill and put a serious stopper on his career.

Ulberg is a bumass kickboxer. Hill will send him to the shadow realm about as fast as he did Johnny Walker. Mark my words.

I agree, SL. But is this experienced speculation or just hope?

I have been watching Hills fights, and Ulbergs fights and Hills last fight had him saying the KO didn't happen (which we know it did).

That made me go back and watch some fights, the Paul Craig one as well.
Which he showed that he's a tough kid, fucker didn't tap.

What I have gathered in my pea brain is Hill does best when he's allowed to be outside or mid range (with exceptions of course).

Ulberg does best from the outside as well but hes way faster than Hill, and he seems to manage the explosiveness better over his last few fights.

Ulberg has better kicks than Hill too, and they're fast.
Ulbergs footwork is better too and he gets in and out better.
I think he might overthink Ulberg and get caught due to not being able to get that shots he wants.

Just my opinion of course sir.

Back