UFC's willingness to ruin the rest of a fighters career just to save a card is shameful

Who is Jerome going to fight at FW? Volk for the 13th time?

His path at FW is stalled. His last fight there was a waste.

Hopefully Max put on some mass and comes in with a LW build.

This happens often but this is not the case here IMO. Max is completely stale at 145 and clearly is at the "money fight" stage of his career as I don't think he will ever touch the belt again at either weight class so the fight makes sense.

Bisping stepping in to fight Gastelum weeks after getting dropped/choked out cold by GSP was INFINITELY worse. I don't even know how that fight was sanctioned tbh (jk commissions are all completely corrupt). And this was Gastelum's best win LOL 99% of the guys wins were retired before he hit age 30... let that sink in

As a huge Max Holloway fan I just hate that they matched him up with Gaethje. While he has a lot of mileage already and might not be the best he's ever been, he still is good enough to beat almost everyone at fw. His frame and size don't scale up well to lw and now he's fighting probably one of the most damage inflicting fighters the ufc has ever seen. I'm really scared that he's gonna get fergusoned and never be the same which means Dana will rob us of probably a few years of potentially amazing Max performances at fw. It's shortsighted and a desperate attempt to save UFC300.
IMHO I disagree.
Max always said he'd move up at some point.

Yes, there are some intriguing matches for him at FW. But he's been there and done that already.
He has no chance at the FW Belt... what is he supposed to do?
This gives another chance (at LW)... He can test himself and has something to look forward.

Fighters need some kind of motivation, and at FW I feel he already conquered everything already. LW brings new "promises"...

Yea we all know Max is at a disadvantage but the reality is he took the fight and asked for the fight. 2 reasons he would do that, he's a true fighter that wants tough comp and I'm sure he's getting PAID. His title hopes are pretty much a wrap at this point, he still has something in the tank (although not as much as his hayday), its at a huge event, has a chance to add to his legecy and again, I'm sure the payday is more than hes had in a long time. Looking forward to it myself even though like most, I have a good idea how it'll end.

Back